Cooks Essentials Fruit and Veg Preserving Bags TSV 01/07/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They look very similar to the ones Lakeland sell. I have several of theirs.

Well I think I can safely say that's a no from me. I've seen these in my local fruit and veg market for £4.99 a set, can't see QVC matching that price, and yes the quality was excellent.

Cook's Essentials Set of 6 Food Storage and Organisational Bags
Item Number: 803920
QVC Price £18.00
Today's Special Value Price £13.98
P&P £3.95

A set of six food storage bags, made from a breathable material that allows air to circulate, whilst restricting light from passing through. Make sure everything from potatoes and onions to bread and fruit stay fresh and tasty with these versatile bags from Cooks Essentials.

Designed for easy use - each bag is constructed with a blackout layer that restricts light from passing through, whilst the breathable, non-woven material ensures air circulation and reduces moisture. The drawstring top allows for easy access and securing, plus the fruit and vegetable bags have a zipped side so that you can easily rotate and remove your produce.

A bag for everything - each bag serves a purpose in your kitchen. You not only have three for fruit and veg, but also a banana bag with a cushioned layer to help protect the fruit from bruising and a ventilated panel to help prevent them from ripening too quickly. You also get a bag for fresh-from-the-oven breads and rolls and a cheese bag with a wipe-clean lining.

Useful in every home - these are ideal for large families who buy in bulk and need to store food away for when they need it. The food bags are great for keeping your fridge organised and can be useful for holiday homes, caravans and travelling.

Contains:

3 x fruit and vegetable bags with zip: 27.5cm x 40cm (10.8" x 15.7")
1 x bread bag: 27.5cm x 40cm (10.8" x 15.7")
1 x banana bag: 27.5cm x 40cm (10.8" x 15.7")
1 x cheese bag: 20cm x 34cm (7.9" x 13.4")

Behind the brand
Created especially for QVC, Cook's Essentials kitchenware offers cooks the opportunity to achieve outstanding results every time. From non-stick pieces to powerful and innovative kitchen helpers, these items offer exceptional value and are true essentials for any cooking station.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.803920

Personally I thought it was an April Fool tsv ! All those huge bags in the fridge ? there's no room for anything else. I never put bread or bananas in the fridge anyway, potatoes I put in a dark cupboard, and I buy ready prepared veggies which certainly don't take up a huge amount of space. It would never occur to me to put food in plimsoll type bags. Just another fad.

Plimsoll bags lol. That really did make me laugh out loud. Love it. That's really what they look like.

Cooks Essentials

Watching the TSV launch show this morning I got the impression that Simon Brown was not impressed with the items and some of his demos didn't go smoothly.

Can be bought in the £ shop. Is the quality comparable? Possibly not. The target audience for such a product will, in all likelihood, be the one who LnL is aimed at and, consequently, already have this form of storage which, they are forever claiming, does the same job. Way overpriced for 6 "these are no ordinary bags" (me Charlie) bags, despite the 'special' lining.
I am sure some people will swallow it.

Just saw the demo, I thought the fridge looked more chaotic with all the bags in to be honest...
Plus the air won't circulate very well.

Does anyone store bread in the fridge??? Am I missing a trick?

i keep bread in the fridge but i wont be buying these. looks like it just doubles up the amount of work. plus the thought of keeping cheese in a bag does not seem necesary when i have lock n lock

Good grief, you'd be forever washing the damn things, cross contamination and all that, certainly wouldn't put crumbly cheese in like Cheshire, my fave, altho' he did say hard cheese in the demo...not for me, money is safe today!!!

I keep bananas in the fridge because I prefer them just past green, rather than ripe and sweet and it stops them ripening. My DS teacher always told us carbohydrate molicules tend to toughen in the fridge...mind you we freeze loaves and there doesn't seem any difference in texture. I still don't put cakes in the fridge...probably based on this teacher's advice, but I've never really thought why until now.

I had a couple of similar veg bags from Lakeland but found I'd forget the contents until they were shrivelled or mouldy.

Back when I was a child my Dad used to get a whole sack of potatoes and keep it in the out house until they were used up, which took months for a small family. They'd stay fine right until the end. These days I'll buy a small bag of spuds and they'll start sprouting even though they're in the dark (and out of their poly bag) within days. What has happened? Also we had 4 apple trees and we'd pick and wrap them and store them in open crates stacked in the same out house and they'd keep until eaten or the Bramleys made into pies, whereas a bag of supermarket apples will start to shrivel in no time.

I used to buy a string of onions (sadly not from a Frenchman in stripy jumper on a bicycle) and they kept really well just hung in the kitchen. I'd just pull off what I needed. I don't seem to see onions sold like this down here in the South (even though it's much nearer to France)...I might have a proper look next time there's a French market here.

Latest posts

Back