Cooks Essentials Fruit and Veg Preserving Bags TSV 01/07/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know, - they could be used as really 'cool' Xmas gift wrapping bags and fool everyone they were getting 'wot it says on the tin' ! OR hang up in the garden shed for storing g/gloves and small tools, OR in the bedroom for storing rollers. ANYTHING except putting them in the fridge.

i think so as i dont go through a lot of bread so i just keep it in the fridge. lasts at least a week ella

Brilliant, thanks boffy. I too don't get through a lot of bread as I only buy it for egg on toast a couple of times a week, so I tend to freeze the bread, but it's never quite the same is it? I will give the fridge trick a go :)

I don't use these personally, but I know someone who does and she loves them, so I've ordered her a set, which I will put away and give her for Christmas.

So much of our fruit and veg comes from abroad these days and can be weeks old before it even arrives on a supermarket shelf. Back in my childhood days we kept sacks of spuds in the shed and the likes of appes, carrots, onions and turnips too but there were no supermarkets and most of it was grown locally and arrived with the soil, leaves and roots still on and wasn`t pumped full of preservatives or irrradiated like it is now. True we didn`t have as much choice back then and because things were locally sourced they were truly seasonal and often only available for a short time but when our local farmer came around with his van full of spuds, eggs, milk , cream and other fruit and veg you knew exactly where it had come from and that it was fresh.

Oh good, Q have got the perfect fridge storage solution for keeping my super special magic beans fresh !

'Magic Beans' by Jack Beanstalk Inc. are rumoured to feature as a future TSV, 112 656 for $199.99 + P & P, also available on Easy Pay.

I cannot see how keeping things in a bag which is not see through is going to help keep the food rotated .In the demo they are saying the older food if loose or in a plastic bag gets pushed to the back of the fridge and ignored, but the TSV bags will change that. That doesn't make sense.

I think they're OK if you want to store a lot of food in a pantry for a long period of time but i personally don't buy loads of food at once because I hate waste.

In one breath Q are extolling the virtues of 'see through' packaging - the Bare Minerals cosmetic bags spring to mind (ideal for security at airports), and now we have these fridge fillers with a side zip, whatever next ? Those of you old enough to remember Whats My Line ? with Gilbert Harding and Isobel Barnet, where guests had to mime their occupation, - can you imagine the fun in describing these ****** things ??

I don't use these personally, but I know someone who does and she loves them, so I've ordered her a set, which I will put away and give her for Christmas.

Er, am I your friend? If I am, I lied, I don't use them lol.

Sorry, I'm sure your friend will love them :giggle:

Me? I think they are mad. I don't keep bread or bananas in the fridge they just go mouldy and why keep everything in bags? Those anti-mould balls they once had on seem a better idea. Does ANYONE keep cheese in a bag? Not being controversial if people do but it keeps just as well in its own wrapper.

CC

I keep my grated cheese in a lock and lock container, works great, keeps it fresh and you just rinse it out when done. Wouldn't fancy putting it in a a bag in the fridge, and as for my bread it's frozen so just take it out as and when and its fine............I've even been controversial and been known to toast it when frozen :mysmilie_14:

They certainly seem like a bizarre idea to me!

More washing. Can't see through them. Labelled with things I don't buy.
And the thought of putting my hand in a bag with bananas in it... shudder. I had a friend who brought a live tropical spider home in a hand of bananas.

I was tempted for a few minutes but when I thought about it I only need 2 bags - one for potatoes and the other for onions. They did say the larger bags are washable. I certainly would not keep cheese in them, they said the lining of the cheese bag was not washable but could be wiped clean. No thanks! I use Lock & Lock for that and keep bread in the fridge and freezer. I will look elsewhere for just 2 bags though.

I was tempted for a few minutes but when I thought about it I only need 2 bags - one for potatoes and the other for onions. They did say the larger bags are washable. I certainly would not keep cheese in them, they said the lining of the cheese bag was not washable but could be wiped clean. No thanks! I use Lock & Lock for that and keep bread in the fridge and freezer. I will look elsewhere for just 2 bags though.

maybe look on e bay in a few weeks

Best of all, no matter what the cookware product is, in the midnight-to-1am launch hour of the TSV mecharlie wasn't stuffing food down his neck so he or someone in Q Towers must read this forum. Result!

Best of all, no matter what the cookware product is, in the midnight-to-1am launch hour of the TSV mecharlie wasn't stuffing food down his neck so he or someone in Q Towers must read this forum. Result!

He was lamenting the fact...:mysmilie_5: Simon wasn't! :mysmilie_46: And I think the viewing public was delighted :mysmilie_480::mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back