Cooks Essentials Digital Air Fryer TSV 20/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cook's Essentials Digital Air Cooker with Frying and Grilling Pan
Item Number: 803849
QVC Price £85.00
Today's Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £7.95

Offering you a healthy alternative to frying, the Digital Air Fryer uses a combination of hot air, high speed air circulation and a top grill to cook your food - it uses very little oil and produces delicious meals in a quick and simple way that's healthy too. Create a fantastic array of delicious dishes for the whole family with this easy-to-use kitchen appliance from Cook's Essentials.

A versatile basket - cook more than just chips in the Air Fryer: your ingredients are heated from all sides at once and there is no need to add oil to most of the ingredients. Great for cooking fresh or frozen fish, meat, vegetables and even cakes with little to no oil needed depending on the food type.

Grilled options - the new grill tray is perfect for making everything from a succulent steak to deliciously grilled chicken, fish, vegetables and more.

New sensory digital control - the large black touch panel offers simple controls and easy-to-read and use buttons on the front of the cooker with six pre-set auto-cooking programmes.

Compact and stylish - it’s compact enough that it can sit comfortably on a work surface in your kitchen and still has a large capacity, great for making chips from scratch or air-frying your vegetables for dinner for the whole family.

Technical specifications:

Easy-to-use digital display and buttons
Six auto-cooking programmes as well as adaptable settings
Power-on light and visible icon when fryer is heating
Inner basket
Quick start button
Child lock button
Removable power cord
Easy grip, cool touch handle
Top panel: heat-resistant plastic; housing: heat-resistant plastic; basket: steel with non-stick coating; pan: steel with non-stick coating
Removable basket is dishwasher safe
Voltage: 220V - 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
Wattage: 1200W - 1400W
Weight: 6.8kg
Cooker (h x w x d): 31cm x 37cm x 37.5cm (12.2" x 14.5" x 14.8")

Colour options:

Black
Red
Cream
Duck Egg Blue

What’s in the box?

1 x Digital Air Cooker
1 x fry basket (2.5L)
1 x new frying and grilling tray with screws and tools to attach handles
1 x recipe guide with 50 recipes
1 x user manual

Behind the brand
Created especially for QVC, Cook's Essentials kitchenware offers cooks the opportunity to achieve outstanding results every time. From non-stick pieces to powerful and innovative kitchen helpers, these items offer exceptional value and are true essentials for any cooking station.

All measurements are approximate

I recorded this programme last night and watched just now, wanting to find out how the fryer worked. It could be very useful, or a gimmick. I just needed to know how it is used in practice. However, the programme featured DF. I have never understood before why people get annoyed with her as I usually turn her off quickly. Now after twenty minutes of her gurning, sticking her tongue in and out of her lips like a reptile, and waving her arms around, with a voice which seems to say "buy it quick 'cos I need my commission, innit", I am not much wiser.
Simon Brown is promised for later in the day, hurrah, so we may get some calm and clear exposition of how the machine works. DF was drooling over 6'5" presenter the moment he appeared, and then he, through inexperience, hardly got a word in edgeways. I still don't know how the fryer works.

The "guy" who was supposed to be showing us how it worked along with the rest of the cooks essential items was so bad that I started to be so embarrassed for him I had to hide my head under the covers.
He managed to burn something in almost every demonstration he couldn't quite manage to work out how the hob worked and as LOQ says he struggled to get a word in edgewise over DF.It was real car crash telly.
I do hope that once Simon is back service will be back to normal as Simon all ways manages to show how any cooks essentials can be used to its full potential.

I have the repeats on at the moment and DF is seriously doing my head in. She is so bl**dy rude, but she does it in such a subtle way. "Snidey" is the word that springs to mind, as Karl Pilkington would say! No wonder she is single, she must be a nightmare towards men. Ms know it all, Ms bossy, Ms intense, Ms social media.

I would have smacked her over the head at least 12 times by now. The new guy is trying so hard,bless him. We've all got to start somewhere. She made him give out his Twitter address (he didn't seem keen) and grilled him about his social media (there is a real world out there Debs, try it) and where he worked. It came across as very subtle, underhand bullying. She made reference to the burnt food a few times and sorry, I don't care how dry her SOH is supposed to be, that was not a joke - it was a dig. I don't like being negative about people, but she really gets my goat!!

:mysmilie_51:

I am not alone!

How pleased I am that other share my view that this was a dreadful way to show the cooker.

It has two baskets, which basket is used for what food and why? Where do you put the oil? The item details say the buyer has to attach the handles themselves with screws, so show us how to do this.

Give us some recipes, and timings. Salmon comes out juicy (DF said the same thing, followed by the word "innit") but the veg were inedible and burned to a crisp. Therefore, one needs to put in veg some minutes after the salmon, so show us how and when.

You other posters have made my mind up for me. I am not buying it, based on reviews of previous model, the other cooks essentials electrical gizmo which broke down on first use, and the scepticism of my fellow posters. Thanks, everyone.

Just a few minutes into the tsv launch and DF was saying it was a system which cooked using nothing but hot air. That being the case , then she could cook a basket of chips just by talking !

Dreadful presentation but I liked Jack. I did feel sorry for him although he tried hard. i find Simon a little too serious. It made a change to see a different face demonstrating yet another kitchen gadget that no one really needs. Where do people put all this stuff?

I have the original Phillips airfryer and I got it on Black Friday a couple if years ago on Amazon.

It is the best kitchen gadget I have ever purchased. For real chips you just put a very small amount on the chips, I use 1/2 teaspoon, and stir before putting in the machine.

I do my chips, toasted sandwiches and any small amount of food that will fit in it to save putting on my cookers oven. It is brilliant to warm up a pie or leftovers.

My cupboards, loft and shed are full of kitchen gadgets that I thought I couldn't live without. The exception is my soup maker but realistically a pan is just as good.

I got the original air fryer last Christmas, and while a good appliance, it just took too long and was not suitable for me and my family of 5 for size, so it went back. One of the things I thought it was excellent for (but not really economic) was part baked bread, it came up lovely and golden and even and was very quick.

Went to Aldi today and they had there own make air fryer on sale for £49.99 no idea if its any good though, looks more like a Actifry rather than Qvc's version.

I caught some of the TSV launch and DF was truly embarrassing trying to flirt with the Jack. :puke:

I bought the last TSV version of this and love it. It's on my worktop and is used on an almost daily basis. My smelly old deep fryer has had the boot!

I use it for everything from frying to warming and am trying to work up the courage to bake a cake in it. Then my oven will have become more or less redundant, too! I find it better than my oven for many things but especially breaded items like fish or chicken as they crisp on both sides. I don't need to keep checking and turning food and can get on with other things in the meantime. No greasy, difficult to clean baking trays either. I just soak the whole frying unit for a few hours and then wipe it clean.

I'm not so much a lazy cook as a tired one - I can't stand around in the kitchen for long - so any time/labour saving gadgets like this get used and loved. This is one item I would replace if it broke and that's the real test for anything I've bought.

I got the last one from the outlet store for £12.99 brand new and unused and really like it but you can't cook large amounts I think that is were people are going wrong.
I do baked spuds and chips with frylight.
It was a good buy for the price and I went back and got a second one for my son to take to Uni and he loves his but I would not pay the full price.

Latest posts

Back