Confused which is it Liz ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
I became a little confused during the Liz Earle show last evening, with Liz Earl's comment.
During the presentation of the Special Limited Edition Cleanse & Polish 150mls Duo with Jill.
Commenting on the new Joy limited edition style package, she was saying how stunning it was that she already had it placed in her bathroom.
This comment made me confused as during the previous evenings show with Julia, during the presentation of the same item in the single option.
Liz could be clearly heard saying, "oh let me look at the package as this is the first time I've seen it."
Now normally I take Liz and what is said on face value without a second thought. :angel:
It won't put me off using part of the range that I get on with.
But so sorry Liz but this and the sell of the EDP ..........:thinking2:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=228838&country=UK

:flower:

Liz Earle tells fibs!! tut tut
I didnt watch last night Bags but I watched the night bafore and heard her say that
I thought her hair was lovely by the way(sorry to go off topic)x

My lovely husband got me the limited edition of the CnP for my birthday and I'm convinced they've changed the formula or I've got a dud bottle. It's not nearly as thick as i remember and when I use my toner after cleansing there's still makeup left on my face! I got breakouts within a few days of using it so I'm now using it as a morning cleanser and back to my beloved A'kin for makeup removal at night.

Anyone else found this? I'm very disappointed, I love my A'kin but i fancied a CnP as I used to love it so much.

Tx

i am confused with liz as she says that her perfume was many years in the making and unique... fruit salad on a dish et all
but it smells like diorella and christalle not unique smells at all.
maybe its called "earlerlla" or "lizstalle"
lovely scent just not ms earles scent..:tongue2:

Im not sure, but is it the inclusion of almond milk? Am sure I saw some C&P on the LE Outlet on ebay & it pointed out this matter.. Or I may have been dreaming :cheeky:

completely unrelated but I ordered some cleanse and polish from the liz earle website the other day - I normally purchase from JL.

The lady on the phone from LE commented on how poor value the cleanse and polish was from qvc and how high the postage charges were - and how did they get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've thought the same for a while now rainbowdottie. I always either order through the LE website or at JL. The only way of getting a good deal on QVC with LE is with the occasional TSV, and even then sometimes its just a pile of miniatures

almond milk was taken out and I think possibly prop glycol too

The prop glycol is still present in the C&P (green/blue packaging), but it has been removed from the Men's C&P.

So Liz is lying when she says that they are exactly the same just different packaging !!!!

ooo that's interesting wonder why its in one and not the other?

I've always thought that too.

I remember once asking about it in one of the LE chat rooms and was told that they were thinking about removing it from the green/blue packaging.

I never understood that - because if it's the same product, when you do a run/production of the Men's C&P don't you just do a batch of the green/blue packaging one !!!!

You're right! I just checked (blimey I'm bored) the men's has glycerin in it instead

almond milk was taken out and I think possibly prop glycol too

I've just checked a 200ml C&P which, until recently, I was using: it contains sweet almond and lasts 24 months once opened.

A newer 100ml pump action C&P does not contain almond and lasts 30 months once opened.

I have stopped using C&P because something was causing red patches of skin on my face. I'm using Elemis until the latter runs out, and then I shall go back to A'kin.

I dont know whether it was C&P or Bare Escentuals that caused the redness; I use BE only occasionally whereas I do cleanse my face twice a day. I suppose that it could be the weather! Anyway, now I am using Christopher Drummond or Halo if I have need of a foundation.

I've always thought that too.

I remember once asking about it in one of the LE chat rooms and was told that they were thinking about removing it from the green/blue packaging.

I never understood that - because if it's the same product, when you do a run/production of the Men's C&P don't you just do a batch of the green/blue packaging one !!!!

it doesn't make sense does it - i wonder if they know the formula is slightly different and they are worried about changing it. Although some ladies might use the men's one i would think they will generally just stick to the blue packaging version and the men who maybe didn't use it before won't know any different.

Its a bit misleading though and always puzzles me when they say they don't use mineral oil as i thought thats what prop glycol is.

I've just checked a 200ml C&P which, until recently, I was using: it contains sweet almond and lasts 24 months once opened.

A newer 100ml pump action C&P does not contain almond and lasts 30 months once opened.

I have stopped using C&P because something was causing red patches of skin on my face. I'm using Elemis until the latter runs out, and then I shall go back to A'kin.

I dont know whether it was C&P or Bare Escentuals that caused the redness; I use BE only occasionally whereas I do cleanse my face twice a day. I suppose that it could be the weather! Anyway, now I am using Christopher Drummond or Halo if I have need of a foundation.

Ahh so the almond milk definitely went but sounds like its quite recent and the product life has extended. i can't use C+P sadly - well i can for a week or so then my skin goes haywire. I love the christmas C+P packaging too - might have to get my mum one :)

I guess it could be the bismuth in the Bare Escentuals or possibly the menthol type ingregdient in C+P I'm convinced that's what makes my skin flare up.

I love halo but haven't tried C Drummond yet....!!! susan posick is fantsatic too - so easy but am liking my halo again at the moment

completely unrelated but I ordered some cleanse and polish from the liz earle website the other day - I normally purchase from JL.

The lady on the phone from LE commented on how poor value the cleanse and polish was from qvc and how high the postage charges were - and how did they get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is JL - I am really intrigued!

I bought loads of stuff one Xmas from LE's website, and they sent out little gifts depending on how much was spent. They also threw in a couple of samples that I had requested, for free!

I find QVC P&P extortionate, and to be honest, I really avoid buying single items from them - the only things I buy are TSVs (but only if I judge them to be good value) and things at bargain proces.

Latest posts

Back