Confessions of a Beauty Addict TSV 4/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Which of the Eyeko mascara offered by Q would you recommend as best for non smudging please? TIA

The skinny, fat and curvy brush mascaras is all the same mascara, just a different type brush. They don't smudge in the slightest.

The eye do mascara is a beautiful glossy jet black but I found it does flake a little by the end of the day. Again, it doesn't smudge.

Haven't tried black magic.

It's a good price.

I'm tempted, but i really don't need any more eyeliner or shadows, and I have another unopened eyeko mascara. The TSV has landed at the wrong time for me really, I'm putting a stop to stock piling make up no matter how good the price, there will always be another offer in a few months time when I need some more.

It's a good price.

I'm tempted, but i really don't need any more eyeliner or shadows, and I have another unopened eyeko mascara. The TSV has landed at the wrong time for me really, I'm putting a stop to stock piling make up no matter how good the price, there will always be another offer in a few months time when I need some more.

they are one of the brands that dont do a tsv very often so might be a long while before another one

I'm not keen on the mascara, found it difficult to get off my lashes even using oil cleansers but yet it smudged under my eyes. Quite like the brow gel but can just pick up a clear mascara. Xx

Oh and the blue liner dried out ridiculously quickly but my black one is still going strong, I wonder if its because the lid came apart so I can clip a cover directly over the nib

they are one of the brands that dont do a tsv very often so might be a long while before another one

I know, but they do occasionally pop up with sets around £30, there were 4 mascaras for that price a couple of months ago, then a set similar to the TSV a couple of months before that.

Very much taking the view now, after wasting so much money stock piling make up that I never get round to using because I try something different, that it's not a bargain unless I need it :happy:

Probably a silly question but are all the Eyeko mascaras tubing ones or is it just the skinny/fat/curvy formulation?

Probably a silly question but are all the Eyeko mascaras tubing ones or is it just the skinny/fat/curvy formulation?

I would assume so, but don't quote me on it. I remove the 'eye do' as you would with tubing mascaras (warm water) so that one must be. That only leaves 'black magic' and I'd think it'd be strange if they just had an odd one which wasn't a tubing mascara, as I'm sure they would all ultimately come from the same ingredients pool and are just tweaked slightly for the different formulas.

I ordered as i want to try the Mascara and brow gel but must say the presentation was pants. I stayed up for a while but never saw them show the colour of the eye stick, is it because it is rubbish i am thinking.

Can anyone confirm whether the current Eyeko company fronted by Nina Leykind is the same Eyeko which was sold donkey's years ago on UK's Home Shopping Europe? In interviews with magazines such as Grazia, Nina talks about the range being dedicated to eye products only. The range I remember, and which was sold off for pennies in Superdrug a couple of years ago was packaged a bit like Hello Kitty with cute cartoon girls in peachy pink and light blue packaging. It included Fat Balm (lips and cheek colour), a bronzing gel in a pink&blue tub and also a 3in1 highlighting cream which could be mixed with foundation (a bit like LG's Ethereal Spackle in colour), in a similar tub. They also did nail polish and concealer pens. The brand was called Eyeko because it's Japanese for "love child" or something along those lines and definitely had a cute "Kawaii" image.

I suppose she's trying to distance herself from this original incarnation since the old image didn't look like a serious cosmatic range, but it always strikes me as odd that it's never mentioned.

Well my TSV arrived and it's going back

The wipes are effective at removing the mascara which transferred to my cheek (more on this later) but they are highly perfumed which I dislike and this is unnecessary in an eye product.

The skinny brush is fine, I prefer a thinner brush and 2 coats gave adequate coverage but nothing special. I prefer the Laura Geller one from the last TSV and the Mally Impact Mascara, the usual Mally one, New CID...I could go one to the DHS brands but you know what I mean, it's not the best thing ever.

The Black Magic mascara was rubbish on my lashes. I tried applying 2 coats as I would normally and the skinny brush eye looked far better. I couldn't get a curling effect at all so added a 3rd coat and still nothing, in fact the coating was very thin indeed. So then I took it off and reapplied using the plastic guard (it looks like a plectrum but smaller) and really pushed up the lashes and held them with the brush for a second or two with each stroke. Without the guard the upper lid would get smudged with mascara. The guard thingy is fiddly to hold esp on the right eye if you're right handed. Still disappointing curl and very little coating of colour.

I tried the plectrum thingy to apply the skinny mascara to my lower lashes. I don't normally wear mascara on my lower lashes because they touch my cheek/under eye skin, I often dye them. The guard did allow me to apply the skinny mascara to the lower lashes but as soon as I removed the guard the wet mascara transferred to my skin and I know I'd never have the patience to keep the guard in place until the lashes dry. The wipe did take the mascara off my skin easily enough.

The shadow stick isn't on a par with the Mally shadow sticks. The colour is ok and, if you don't need much blending time it dries almost instantly. The Mally shadow sticks allow more blending time for application in the creaseline whereas the Eyeko one is less forgiving; I'd use it more like a softer smokey eye liner along the lashes if I were keeping the set.

Brow gel? Yep it's a brow gel but I need my brows building up so brow gel on its own isn't enough. The Doll10 brow product and brush work best for me and it just doesn't need a brow gel on top.

Black liner. It is what it is! as Honey BooBoo's mum would say. I need another black liquid liner like a whole in the head. The Mally gun-shaped one is easier to apply but there are hundreds of comparable liner pens on the high street.

I appreciate make up is a very subjective thing but several of these items perform less well than products I already have so I wouldn't recommend it.

Well my TSV arrived and it's going back

The wipes are effective at removing the mascara which transferred to my cheek (more on this later) but they are highly perfumed which I dislike and this is unnecessary in an eye product.

The skinny brush is fine, I prefer a thinner brush and 2 coats gave adequate coverage but nothing special. I prefer the Laura Geller one from the last TSV and the Mally Impact Mascara, the usual Mally one, New CID...I could go one to the DHS brands but you know what I mean, it's not the best thing ever.

The Black Magic mascara was rubbish on my lashes. I tried applying 2 coats as I would normally and the skinny brush eye looked far better. I couldn't get a curling effect at all so added a 3rd coat and still nothing, in fact the coating was very thin indeed. So then I took it off and reapplied using the plastic guard (it looks like a plectrum but smaller) and really pushed up the lashes and held them with the brush for a second or two with each stroke. Without the guard the upper lid would get smudged with mascara. The guard thingy is fiddly to hold esp on the right eye if you're right handed. Still disappointing curl and very little coating of colour.

I tried the plectrum thingy to apply the skinny mascara to my lower lashes. I don't normally wear mascara on my lower lashes because they touch my cheek/under eye skin, I often dye them. The guard did allow me to apply the skinny mascara to the lower lashes but as soon as I removed the guard the wet mascara transferred to my skin and I know I'd never have the patience to keep the guard in place until the lashes dry. The wipe did take the mascara off my skin easily enough.

The shadow stick isn't on a par with the Mally shadow sticks. The colour is ok and, if you don't need much blending time it dries almost instantly. The Mally shadow sticks allow more blending time for application in the creaseline whereas the Eyeko one is less forgiving; I'd use it more like a softer smokey eye liner along the lashes if I were keeping the set.

Brow gel? Yep it's a brow gel but I need my brows building up so brow gel on its own isn't enough. The Doll10 brow product and brush work best for me and it just doesn't need a brow gel on top.

Black liner. It is what it is! as Honey BooBoo's mum would say. I need another black liquid liner like a whole in the head. The Mally gun-shaped one is easier to apply but there are hundreds of comparable liner pens on the high street.

I appreciate make up is a very subjective thing but several of these items perform less well than products I already have so I wouldn't recommend it.

Ohhh bleep bleep thank gawd for DSR, no wonder they did not demo actually applying the stuff to a bare face.

Oh so sorry I couldn't have posted my review earlier, it would have saved you return p&p. It's only a small package so if you want to road test it anyway you'd only be sacrificing 4 quid p&p (ridiculously overpriced btw), as I say it didn't nearly reach expectations but it must work for some people...er Alexa Chung?

I'm using a Boots Naturals mascara (£1.99 or 3 for a fiver) and for everyday use it's great and it looks better than the Black Magic TSV one did.

True and I'm glad I gave it a whirl. If you send it back without testing the products you can still return cosmetics under the DSR. The 30 day MBG is great for cosmetics like mascara because you simply don't know until you try it whether it works for you. I'd say they'd get fewer returns is they reigned in the over the top claims about make up and skincare. There are plenty of average to good mascaras in the world so their claims for the ones they're trying to flog on air are slightly ridiculous.

I am very fussy about my mascara brush i do not like the plastic ones i like a real brush. I am surprised miss Julia said the skinny one is her fav mascara if it is pants, i thought she loves mally.

We need Jill Franks to tell us which mascara (in the current nano second) is the one she "can't live without". I trust her opinion above all others!:mysmilie_50:

I've gone for it as I really want to try a tubing mascara that's not a two stage one with the white primer, the white always pokes through when I use those. I just can't bear the drama with getting normal mascaras off, the amount of eye make up remover, cotton pads and cleansing balm/oil I end up using is ridiculous... I love the Bareminerals curl and lengthen mascara for its performance but I end up not bothering to wear it because of the trauma of getting it off. Tubing ones are so much easier.

Latest posts

Back