Confessions of a Beauty Addict TSV 4/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Jude I cancelled my order after I read your review. I really don't need more Mascara as I have a stash of Mally. Only ordered the TSV for the taupe eyeshadow but after reading your feedback I will stick to my Mally.

I've still got one normal eye (the skinny brush one, 3 coats) and one which looks as though I have no mascara on (3 coats of the Magic one) so I'm happy with my decision to return it, and I'm the same Weathergirl, I have a stockpile of Mally and other mascaras but I'd always wanted to try the eyeko ones. Good job I didn't just add them the make up mountain without testing them or I'd be stuck with an expensive mistake.

It's a shame this TSV was when it was for me, because I didn't have the money to purchase it as I only got back off holiday last week and I've wanted to try this brand for a while.

I had to bin my two Liz Earle mascaras last month because the mascara itself was getting all over my contact lenses, I am currently using a Bare Minerals one I got free at the Beauty Bash, which I really like, and I took a Mally one (from the last TSV) on holiday with me.

Well i have tried my Tsv set over the last few days and i love it:mysmilie_59: Firstly i like the bristle brushes much better than plastic wands and the results are great, long coated lashes that do not smudge or flake on me after a days wear.
The eye shadow stick is very similar to the Mally one but again it lasts all day unlike the mally one which has worn off after a few hours and the brow gel is good too just scrape off the excess back into tube before applying or you will end up with scouse brows.
I am happy i got this on Auto delivery and it is not going back, it just goes to show we are all different and can have different results with products and i am very fussy when it comes to mascara it is my desert Island product.

Did anyone go for this TSV?

I missed it (and am still dwelling on it), but saw the wipes on Ebay last week and ordered a pack (£3.95).
I removed my eye make up with one last night (after applying make up for work in the morning and then freshening it up before we went out to the cinema in the evening). It was amazing - all eye shadow, mascara, eye brow pencil & under eye concealer was completely gone.

Did anyone go for this TSV?

I missed it (and am still dwelling on it), but saw the wipes on Ebay last week and ordered a pack (£3.95).
I removed my eye make up with one last night (after applying make up for work in the morning and then freshening it up before we went out to the cinema in the evening). It was amazing - all eye shadow, mascara, eye brow pencil & under eye concealer was completely gone.
It seems that ebay do a better offer than their own website
http://www.eyeko.com/eyeko-mascara-off
I've checked out some facial wipes and most of them claim to remove waterproof mascara at £1.52 for 25 wipes, but they are not cotton (Johnson's)
http://www.superdrug.com/search?text=face+wipes+#.U_CqkPldW_Q

I am happy i got this on Auto delivery and it is not going back, it just goes to show we are all different and can have different results with products and i am very fussy when it comes to mascara it is my desert Island product.

It was on auto delivery too? Oh man, I'm even more gutted I missed out now. lol!
Was it just one drop? Is it exactly the same?

It was on auto delivery too? Oh man, I'm even more gutted I missed out now. lol!
Was it just one drop? Is it exactly the same?
I bought the wardrobe of 3 eyeko, it's a good mascara but nothing special imo, I thought that it was the same mascara with different brushes. I prefer the Bare Minerals and the Revitalash mascara over eyeko.
If you try to keep an eye on magazines they did an eyeco offer twice now, full size products. Perhaps they will repeat a TSV, I think that they should like they do Revitalash and the Pink Nail Gel - the brands that have very few products.

The reason I like Eyeko is it's a tubing mascara so dead easy to remove, it's not the best mascara out there but I can't be doing with a mascara that looks brilliant but takes half an hour to remove.
A good alternative to Eyeko is the No7 Stay Perfect mascara, it too is a tubing mascara so is easily removed with warm water, if anything it removes easier than Eyeko. Doesn't give such a dramatic effect but it's good for daytime.

I found that the Clean and Clear foaming face wash that Ellaaa recommended on the Alpha - h thread removes any waterproof make up (mind I don't use Mally mascara)

..and the Garnier Micellar Water (also mentioned in that thread I think) is the quickest non-oily mascara remover I've ever found (and £3.99 for 400ml at Boots atm). Buy a better mascara and remove it with this. I didn't rate the eyeko TSV at all and sent it back.

Trouble for me is I wear daily contact lenses, and I don't always want to take them out when I take my mascara off as I'll sometimes remove it when I get home from work and there's a good few hours left of wear in the lenses. Most eye make up removers end up getting in my eyes, then the lenses get cloudy, and oh, it's so frustrating! Removing mascara by water only = the dream for me.

Latest posts

Back