Confessions of a Beauty Addict TSV 4/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What I know of Eyeko is, they used to sell in Superdrug and cost the same as most drugstore/chemist brands under £10. They decided to repackage the brand, in fact sold the remaining products in Superdrug for around £2 a go. Rebranded and repackage appeared at very high price for the same products they had before.

Some hate the plastic thing they give with the mascara and can't get the hang of using it.

I have never tried the mascaras as I only use brown or burgundy.

My daughter likes the eyeliner but says it dries out very quickly. ( Around 6 weeks)
I have bought her one of the Alexa Chung eyeshadow sticks that Lisa Eldridge featured in her recent tutorial as part of her birthday present next month. When it arrived it had a free eye patch treatment so I am going to try that out some day when I need a pick me up!

ETA I see the shadow stick in taupe that I bought is part of the TSV. It is a beautiful colour in real life and I paid £11 p&p free directly from eyeko. Expensive really but I know she will love it.

Last edited:
I remember years ago that Alison Young used to practically hyperventilate when anyone mentioned that they used wipes as a make up remover.
Must not bother her at all now as last month we had an ABC TSV with wipes included and now this Eyeko TSV has some as well.

(Unless sales are more important to her now of course).

No that can't be the case at all, can it?

She can be such a snob! I think she has had to eat her words on more than one subject! At ine time she wouldn't be seen dead on a Liz Earle show, then suddenly for a while she and Liz were bristling next to each other, each trying to steal the limelight :mysmilie_17:

I know my daughter uses wipes to remove makeup and then uses another cleanser to clean her skin. She swears by the body shop camomile silky cleansing oil, having stopped using the superdrug vitamin e hot cloth cleanser that we both started using after giving up on Liz Earle.

I have also tried a sample of the 'ole henriksen ' wipes that many beauty gurus rave about. Personally I found them no better than nivea,simple or any of the other decent-brand wipes I have tried. Smell nice, not worth £15 a pack!

I personally don't like wipes for anything other than freshening up on a long journey ,but I don't see how they can damage your skin, unless you pick the wrong type for your skin type!

I use both the skinny eyeko and black magic, they are good and tend to stay put but I think they dry out quickly and then get flaky, at the mo I use them every day but I also like BE flawless definition I switch between the three. I tend to use eyeko skinny on my lower lashes as it doesn't tend to budge, I wouldn't say I absolutely love them and wouldn't be without them but I think the three mentioned are the best of the exhaustive age old perfect mascara hunt for me. I add a little baby oil to some Gatineau Floracil which removes it really easily.

My daughter likes the eyeliner but says it dries out very quickly. ( Around 6 weeks)
I have bought her one of the Alexa Chung eyeshadow sticks that Lisa Eldridge featured in her recent tutorial as part of her birthday present next month. When it arrived it had a free eye patch treatment so I am going to try that out some day when I need a pick me up!

ETA I see the shadow stick in taupe that I bought is part of the TSV. It is a beautiful colour in real life and I paid £11 p&p free directly from eyeko. Expensive really but I know she will love it.

I was checking this taupe stick out yesterday. When did you get yours - it was up to £15 last night!

I am using benefit the real deal at the moment and it is fab for getting a long lash oh err.

Oh I forgot about that one, I have that too, don't find a huge difference for me between benefit and eyeko, both good and give me similar results. Why are we always on a quest for the perfect mascara?

I used benefit today and realised why I mostly use eyeko, I didn't sleep well last night so had a little shut eye this avo and woke up to smudged mascara, something that doesn't happen with eyeko! Back to eyeko tomorrow :)

For me, Eyeko mascaras really stay put - I had eye tests/contact lens tests today, they used eye drops, pushed and pulled my eyes, and there was no smudging at all. It is easy to remove - hold a cloth dampened with warm water over one eye and then gently pull away - this seems to break the mascara's seal with no rubbing or loss of eyelashes - and then finish off with your normal eye makeup remover (I find Liz Earle or Elemis pro collagen cleansers work really well). I am not sure I have ever used a mascara, other than Eyeko, that never smudges or sheds a bit, especially in hot humid weather, and is easy to remove. Looking forward to seeing the price of this one :)

For me, Eyeko mascaras really stay put - I had eye tests/contact lens tests today, they used eye drops, pushed and pulled my eyes, and there was no smudging at all. It is easy to remove - hold a cloth dampened with warm water over one eye and then gently pull away - this seems to break the mascara's seal with no rubbing or loss of eyelashes - and then finish off with your normal eye makeup remover (I find Liz Earle or Elemis pro collagen cleansers work really well). I am not sure I have ever used a mascara, other than Eyeko, that never smudges or sheds a bit, especially in hot humid weather, and is easy to remove. Looking forward to seeing the price of this one :)

Yep totally agree with you it's really the only one I've found that does stay put. I also use, with some mascaras, BM's locked and coated which is superb and stops any mascara from smudging or shredding, a must have item for me.

Brilliant, I'm a massive Eyeko mascara fan.

Reading reviews, all the people who complain how hard it is to remove - it's actually a doddle. Ditch the eye make up remover and just gently pat warm water on your eyelashes then roll the lashes between your fingers and bingo - off in one. Tubing mascaras are flipping brilliant.

I think some people also get put off as they say it clumps easily, but I'd say it actually requires a much lighter touch than most mascaras, you don't need to do much wiggling or rolling of the wand at all for it to coat the lashes.

For me it's the only mascara that doesn't travel during the day and is an absolute cinch to remove. Also doesn't bother my eyes as a contact lens wearer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back