Completely unhelpful statements

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That whispy Simon 'Home Economist'* man with the ridiculous, dyed jet black comb over trying desperately (and unsuccessfully) to hide his peno spot telling us just how wonderful
Cooks Essentials non stick is (almost as if QVC have just miraculously discovered it) yet he still manages to weld plenty of stuff to the Super Silicone.

*Home Economist = Selly Telly Goon not quite to the 'high' standards required to present, we saw proof of that on Shop! :mysmilie_59:

If you want proper product information, you'll get if from Julia Roberts - actually, Debbie Flint is good at this too.

the tsv tunic. not once has catherine or the guest mentioned what the fabric composition is. thats basic knowledge

the tsv tunic. not once has catherine or the guest mentioned what the fabric composition is. thats basic knowledge

Ideal World is the same, especially when the appalling Kenny Rogers lookalike Moira C is on. Her stupid dishcloths are 'silky feeling', they are 'so soft and silky', they are even 'unbelievably soft and silky'.

Actually they are Polyester :mysmilie_59:

Apparently Donald Trump is being compared to QVC presenters since he left some thinking they were watching QVC instead of the national news when he flaunted his namesake steaks, water and magazine during his victory speech in Florida. Now there's a thought.....DT as the next guest presenter in QVC.....he'd rival that fur coat chap that annoys many on this forum....sorry can't remember his name but his hairstyle isn't that different to DT's!

Apparently Donald Trump is being compared to QVC presenters since he left some thinking they were watching QVC instead of the national news when he flaunted his namesake steaks, water and magazine during his victory speech in Florida. Now there's a thought.....DT as the next guest presenter in QVC.....he'd rival that fur coat chap that annoys many on this forum....sorry can't remember his name but his hairstyle isn't that different to DT's!

dennis basso oh dear

At one time I would have agreed but now they are too busy twatting to give out this information.

Unfortunately, even with the wretched iPad tweeting Debbie and Julia are still the best at providing essential information... however they are no longer as consistent at delivering this role as they were in the past. It's a poor show with most of the others not getting round to the measurements until far too late... or just copping out and exhorting you to phone Liverpool.

Unfortunately, even with the wretched iPad tweeting Debbie and Julia are still the best at providing essential information... however they are no longer as consistent at delivering this role as they were in the past. It's a poor show with most of the others not getting round to the measurements until far too late... or just copping out and exhorting you to phone Liverpool.

Del Boy who I have no time for, but who I will admit is fairly good giving information if you can hear it in between the hard sell was awful on the YK outlet show. It was a total farce and she didn't help by yakking on about the pocket reminding her of some childhood cartoon character whilst the sizes were dropping out.

Whether or not you like YK there were some fair reductions but there was no way between the twatting and yakking that you would have been able to make an informed decision unless you knew exactly what your size was. And that was even before we had the usual this is .... But order ...... And that is the wrong item number and this one can only be ordered via Liverpool, and those are the wrong colours we don't have the ......

I like YK but not the prices but it was such a disgrace of a show I gave up.

Ideal World is the same, especially when the appalling Kenny Rogers lookalike Moira C is on. Her stupid dishcloths are 'silky feeling', they are 'so soft and silky', they are even 'unbelievably soft and silky'.

Actually they are Polyester :mysmilie_59:

Selly telly presenters only ever mention fabric composition if an item is made of a natural fibre like cotton, modal, wool, viscose or silk. If they never mention it, then the fabric is man made. Then they say the natural fibre item item is "Wonderfully breathable". So the polyester/acrylic ones will make you sweat like a glassblower's derriere then?

Oh yes, and leather items are always "buttery soft".

At one time I would have agreed but now they are too busy twatting to give out this information.

Sometimes the tweeting is useful. The constant Facebook mentions is annoying but this seems to have calmed down somewhat now. Certain presenters never mention FB! Where as 2 or 3 go on & on & on, boring! :mysmilie_1:

I think it must be a presenting thing: I was watching the 'Vision Cruise' channel the other night, when the presenter said, it is a holiday, on a 'floating ship'. Next stop, QVC. The presenter, that is, not the 'floating ship'. Unless they're bringing back the cruise shows. Which are exempt from the 30-day money-back guarantee, of course.

Does anyone remember Marv, presenting the first 'H by Halston' show? She was bigging-up the fact that he (Halston) had chosen QVC for his re-launch (or words to that effect), and no-one seemed to have the heart to tell her that he'd been dead for years. Perhaps not completely unhelpful information, but a serious tumble in the crediblity stakes. Not that they were particularly high, to begin with.

What was the name of the cruise ship - HMS Titanic? HMS Marie Celeste?

I think it must be a presenting thing: I was watching the 'Vision Cruise' channel the other night, when the presenter said, it is a holiday, on a 'floating ship'. Next stop, QVC. The presenter, that is, not the 'floating ship'. Unless they're bringing back the cruise shows. Which are exempt from the 30-day money-back guarantee, of course.

Does anyone remember Marv, presenting the first 'H by Halston' show? She was bigging-up the fact that he (Halston) had chosen QVC for his re-launch (or words to that effect), and no-one seemed to have the heart to tell her that he'd been dead for years. Perhaps not completely unhelpful information, but a serious tumble in the crediblity stakes. Not that they were particularly high, to begin with.

A Halston relaunch would be really impressive, then!

Agree, think they both generally have excellent advice on a product. Very rarely have seen them do a bad show. Experience does shine through :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back