Completely unhelpful statements

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they never compare it to any other make, with the pros and cons, in fact, every vac they demo is the best one ever.

I used to like that woman with the hoarse, throaty voice who used to demo the vacs. She was a bit harsh! I remember once she had an 11-minute disastrous presentation with Charlie. Everything went wrong and she seemed to disappear into oblivion!

Last edited:
A previous post has reminded me of useless statements like:

This looks like yellow, but we are calling it mustard sand.

This looks like green, so we are calling it North Sea.

This is bright red, so we are calling it dusky pink.

This looks like brown, so we are calling it ....

Usually preceded by either the guest or presenter saying to each other / the gallery: "What are we calling this?!"

We sell this foundation in several different colours so you can perfectly match to your skintone and then when a colour sells out they say, don`t worry you can get away with buying a totally different shade because it will adapt and is very forgiving so you can go up or down a couple of shades.

Same with sizes.

I can`t remember any to give as an example but my OH who is usually reading when I`m watching Q pipes up quite often making a sarcastic comment about something that`s just been said saying talk about stating the obvious!! He says they are getting money for old rope as they incessantly talk rubbish !!

We sell this foundation in several different colours so you can perfectly match to your skintone and then when a colour sells out they say, don`t worry you can get away with buying a totally different shade because it will adapt and is very forgiving so you can go up or down a couple of shades.

On the Marble show today the guest said you could go up a size on every single item then it would be longer .... didn`t seem to matter that it may look like a maternity smock even said it about a jumper she had just said was a fitted style ...they`ll say anything to sell !!

Completely unhelpful - list of zelebs who are the skintone you can reference to choose your foundation share. You have either never heard of the women or have no clue how their skintone compares to your own. We are rarely told whether the foundation suits a cool, neutral or warm skintone... we never have any comparision to colour shades of other QVC foundations, let alone those offered on the ... DREADED High Street!

Completely unhelpful - clothing item where you can dress it up or dress it down. Yes, but how? Never any examples are given about what that actually means.

Completely unhelpful - list of zelebs who are the skintone you can reference to choose your foundation share. You have either never heard of the women or have no clue how their skintone compares to your own. We are rarely told whether the foundation suits a cool, neutral or warm skintone... we never have any comparision to colour shades of other QVC foundations, let alone those offered on the ... DREADED High Street!

Completely unhelpful - clothing item where you can dress it up or dress it down. Yes, but how? Never any examples are given about what that actually means.

Team it up with a pair of Birkenstocks - even if you're a man! Wear it with a stripey sarong for the safari look, or some navy blue deck shoes for the nautical look. Add a corsage just to have that extra little bit of detail coming through there! Mix 'n' match!

Or buy two and mix them yourself to go from Julia in Winter to Julia in Summer.

Taupe. The Q go to colour.

Team it up with a pair of Birkenstocks - even if you're a man! Wear it with a stripey sarong for the safari look, or some navy blue deck shoes for the nautical look. Add a corsage just to have that extra little bit of detail coming through there! Mix 'n' match!

And anything with lace is good enough for Mother of the Bride!

One of the things I find really unhelpful is when showing fashion.... nine times out of ten they will pick the dark/black piece to display the details of the item. As I write this I am watching today's TSV ...LOGO... looking at the guest maybe it's better not to pass any comment ..lol

I thought a recent Yankee Candle hour with Ali K was quite amusing......

She expressed surprise at how much light a candle gave out & how it could possibly light the corner of a room...........wowsers!
Then came the even more fascinating piece of information that we 'smell with our noses'........what, really?

:mysmilie_11:

I totally agree about the pathetic descriptions. Lee's supposed 'Tech Expert' credentials aren't immediately obvious to me, particularly when he's shilling a near £2000 iMac.

He's seems more bothered about telling us 'this is my mothership at home' & that the Magic Mouse has 'a charge life of 3 months'.

Or of course spending more time trying to pretend the 'added value' with various uber expensive items is anything other than a blatant ripoff to justify the often eyewatering price (but with EasyPay you can spread the cost) :mysmilie_59:

Taupe. The Q go to colour.

I was going to mention taupe in my previous "and so we call it...." post, but I have no idea what colour it is. It didn't exist when I did art at school.

The same applies to teal.

I've remembered their brown line now - - it is brown, but we call it Essex Mud.

Wow I have learnt so much reading the forum today
I have a cupboard full of these square plastic boxes in ,never occurred to me you could open them to put stuff in
Or you could reclose them
And those long sticks with colourful fabric I have standing in a pot in the hall are for keeping rain off wow I thought they were for decoration instead of flaaaahas
I would love to see them flogging loo roll
This paper like fabric comes in varies designs including quilted and puppies and a range of delicate shades
They will make great wrapping paper,paper bows, and the scented versions could be used as draw liners
oh it's called toilet paper I expect that's because it's scented with toilet water
Glazed look comes over everyone then some bright spark (dim wit)
Will say maybe you could use it to wipe your tush instead of baby wipes:giggle:

Latest posts

Back