Cold shoulder tops /dresse.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Turandot

Registered Shopper
I notice Q are pushing the cold shoulder look.

I wondered what people thought of it.

Is it more warehouse fashion from Q or a real trend .

The clothes QVC sell are American/Canadian but even having said that, you see these designs in most high street shops and market stalls here in Britain.

Ideal World have similar tops but for a lot less money plus you can order different colours/sizes because it's one item number one p&p, added bonus too you can return them for free which enables you to get two different sizes if you're unsure, believe it if not you can also wear it and send it back too.

I've just had a quick look on mute, don't know what it is but I can't stand listening to that Mr Max woman, that top she's wearing looks awful, I personally wouldn't wear a cold shoulder top, Liz on Corrie wears them and looks like mutton......say no more.

QVC jumping on a trend, which has actually been around for ages. They did the shark bite hem forever.

Personally I dislike both and wouldn't be seen dead in them.

Same here, I think they look ridiculous, the expensive and cheap versions alike.

I just can't see the point of it. Liz McMutton in Corrie was wearing a top with a zip that was open across the top of her ample bosom. It looked vile. Hope Q buyers weren't watching or that could be their latest'fashion' trend.

I haven't really noticed them but I dot go into the younger style shops on the high street these days not much point.

I can't see me wearing one either because I don't want to look like mutton.

The Mr Max lady didnt look good but then the pattern is so lurid so its a double whammy.

These cold shoulder tops have been around for ages the Clothes stores are full of them in fact I have struggled to find any decent tops that aren't this style. I think they are. horrible and make some women look like all in wrestlers and that includes me. As Donna said in a previous post I would not be seen in one ever.

It has been a "trend" for a while, so QVC are slow as ever by only picking up on it now.

I think cold shoulder clothes look awful and do not suit or flatter anyone.

Each to their own and some people can carry it off, but personally I think it's a rather trashy look, something I would have worn in my 20s when I was 'on the pull'!

Yet again Q are a season behind in their so called fashion. The cold shoulder tops were everywhere last year but since then the majority of them have landed on the sales rails. They aren`t something I`d ever wear but I`m in my 60`s and they would look less cold shoulder and more confused old lady on me, as if I`d put my vest over my T shirt as it were !

Yes, it is a trend out there. I've recently picked up tops/jumpers in a shop thinking, 'Oh that's a nice colour/material', only to find that they are missing bits! I did try one on some time ago as it was a gorgeous jumper, and my shoulders are not my worst feature - but it looked awful and felt very draughty!

I don't like the cold shoulder tops at all. It's such a silly pointless look if you ask me. My friend who is in her mid 50s had one on when we went out just before Christmas. It was all sparkly too and looked really trashy. Someone a lot younger may have been able to pull it off but my friend looked ridiculous. Another friend was telling her how amazing she looked + how she loved her top, I just kept quiet rather than lie. Of course it could be me that's completely behind the times + has no idea of what is in at the moment!

If worn in the summer - (which is when it makes sense to wear them - who wants bare shoulders in this weather?) - you could end up with a very odd sun tan!

QVC jumping on a trend, which has actually been around for ages. They did the shark bite hem forever.

Personally I dislike both and wouldn't be seen dead in them.

Shark bite hems are horrid, horrid things. They make even the slimmest frame look overweight. :headbang::mysmilie_498::mysmilie_498::mysmilie_498:

Shark bite hems are horrid, horrid things. They make even the slimmest frame look overweight. :headbang::mysmilie_498::mysmilie_498::mysmilie_498:

Shark bites and asymmetrical hems not good .Hopefully they will disappear.I have no objection to any one who likes them and can wear them ,but Q went through a period when every hem was uneven.

I still have a couple of lovely fitted shirts from the days of Mint and Cydney Mar on Q.

Wish the trend would ****** well go away! I don't buy clothes very often, but have seen two jumpers recently that I liked enough to buy - pulled them off the rail and they were cold shoulders.

Saved me some money I suppose, but I am getting a bit fed up of my 18 year-old jumper that won't take much more of my invisible darning. Sigh.

I never liked the look but fell in love with a jumper in All Saints - more specifically the soft pink colour so against my better judgement as it has one cold shoulder, I went ahead and bought it at a ridiculous price. Have worn it twice and on both occasions I couldn't bring myself to remove my jacket! My dalliance with the cold shoulder is well and truly over and what a costly mistake!

I haven't seen many women under 40 wearing cold-shoulder tops - just an observation.

I don't really get the look but, even worse, from a practical point of view, what about those boots with open toes? Would any of you wear those this time of year?

Latest posts

Back