Clothing quality issues.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had issue with regards to the quality of QVC's clothing ranges? First up, so-called crease free trousers. We've had two pairs now that were sold very clearly on the basis that they won't crease and yet when they turn up they are creased to *******. One pair had care instructions of "do not iron", so how else are you supposed to de-crease something you can't iron? After that are problems with colours. Mum bought a nice faux-fur coat in black recently. She wore it out shopping for a couple of hours and was absolutely covered in black dye. It was all over her hands, nails, clothes and just about everywhere else too. The coat couldn't be washed, so there was no way to remove excess dye before wearing and there was no warning that dye could leak out of the coat. This has also happened with trousers that were described as being 100% colour fast. Not true! Mum ended up with lovely blue legs and underwear after wearing those. She wasn't impressed given that this "over the pond" lady spouts about how her colours always match and never run.

This hasn't been an issue until fairly recently so are manufacturers simply cutting costs and using cheaper materials these days? QVC don't seem to care much either. They'll offer a refund but never actually do anything about these problems. After having sent back items because of problems, we're now waiting to receive "The Letter"!!! They don't look at why they were sent back.

Is there really such a thing as 'The Letter'?

I have sent so much stuff back (mind you, I have kept a lot too) and I have never had a letter. I guess its suggesting you choose more carefully or even closing your account?

Bet

I dont think it is confined toi QVc but M&S quality is not the same neither is the sizing.

I Had a beth tyrell coat that all the buttons fell off in the bag during delivery ,

Excess dye

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had issue with regards to the quality of QVC's clothing ranges? First up, so-called crease free trousers. We've had two pairs now that were sold very clearly on the basis that they won't crease and yet when they turn up they are creased to *******. One pair had care instructions of "do not iron", so how else are you supposed to de-crease something you can't iron? After that are problems with colours. Mum bought a nice faux-fur coat in black recently. She wore it out shopping for a couple of hours and was absolutely covered in black dye. It was all over her hands, nails, clothes and just about everywhere else too. The coat couldn't be washed, so there was no way to remove excess dye before wearing and there was no warning that dye could leak out of the coat. This has also happened with trousers that were described as being 100% colour fast. Not true! Mum ended up with lovely blue legs and underwear after wearing those. She wasn't impressed given that this "over the pond" lady spouts about how her colours always match and never run.
This hasn't been an issue until fairly recently so are manufacturers simply cutting costs and using cheaper materials these days? QVC don't seem to care much either. They'll offer a refund but never actually do anything about these problems. After having sent back items because of problems, we're now waiting to receive "The Letter"!!! They don't look at why they were sent back.

If you mean Kim & Co, the labels always used to advise washing before wearing to remove "excess" dye, but I haven't bought any for years, so I don't know if the labels still offer the same advice. The pieces I still have have not faded, there is no dye transfer when worn and no dye leaks out during washing, after the first wash, when the "excess" dye is released.
:33:

I've had terrible problems with Kim & Co dark colours. The labels didn't mention washing before wearing and even after washing, the dark colours just rub off!! I wore a cream jacket over a black camisole which had been washed previously and after a few hours the jacket and my underwear was dirty shade of blue. I might expect this from something bought from a street market or bargain basement but at Kim's exorbitant prices they've got to be joking. No more rip off rubbish QVC clothing for me!!

I bought a tunic in summer,white cotton with black flowers on it,said wash at 40 degrees on it and colourfast,well I washed it and it ran,there was black dye all over it,when I rang CS they were astonished this had happened!!
I haven't bought any clothing since and the item wasnt particularly cheap either .I really liked it on but got my money back.Think it was a casual and co one

Latest posts

Back