ClickFree Auto Backup 160GB Portable Multi PC Hard Drive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

KIMMY

Guest Shopper
Is this a good deal?:confused: I love the idea that you just plug it in and off it goes itself. I do have an external hard drive but rarely use it as it needs to be plugged into the electric and then you manually move things yadda yadda, so very tempted by this.

My Pika one which I bought from QVC has packed up (only a couple of years old) so I am also on the lookout for one and I am going for a portable USB drive this time rather than an elecric plug in one. You can certainly buy one cheaper than this on the internet but the obvious selling point of this one is the "no click" feature.

However - "never heard of them" comes to mind and I do like to see a bit of feedback and the Freecom toughdrive seems to come up well in the reviews.

http://www.goclickfree.com/

Smaller version (120GB) available on Amazon as well but for a similar price and there are no reviews.

Last edited:
It is indeed expensive but the software seems clever i think that's what you're paying for here.Would like to know who makes the hard drive for them.

Yeah it looks a great idea but its very expensive, you can get a 160gb external from Ebuyer for £27.99, you just have to do a few more clicks to bakup your data but its not that much hard work maybe 20 or 30 seconds

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116564

Or £2 more you get one with Nero backup software

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/147052

I also think 160gb isnt very big
Not as pretty tho' are they Deanos?? :p And they're 160gb as well so no bigger. :confused: I've gone for the ClickFree anyway 'cos the less I have to do the less I can fook it up. :D:pPC:

Yes Deanos that's a biggie. :D I thought the guest said the auto backup was brand new and patented or was that just the no click feature?? :confused: :pPC:

I think its the no click feature, which is a good idea but is it really worth paying nearly twice the price and getting alot less storage just to save a few mouse clicks ?

No probably not D but it's idiot proof which is right up my street and I think it's pretty.......:eek: :RUNAWAY: :pPC:

I was pondering over this TSV. Have they mentioned a guarantee at all, I don't remember hearing one?

Tempted by that link from you Deanos, at least it says 3 year guarantee I believe (I've shut that window now and can't remember).

Thanks.

I was pondering over this TSV. Have they mentioned a guarantee at all, I don't remember hearing one?

Tempted by that link from you Deanos, at least it says 3 year guarantee I believe (I've shut that window now and can't remember).

Thanks.

All QVC products are backed by a one year guarantee, but it doesn't seem they are offering more. It does seem simple and pretty but it is worth checking whether it is big enough for you computer. I have Western Digital which continually backs up and is quite small.

Don't forget the warranty only covers the drive and not your files that you have on it.

To those of you that are tempted because this backs up automatically you could get a much larger drive than this cheaper as has been said but some people seem put of doing a back up manually.I have 3 externals for back up and put everything that has been in a folder,when you put new files on your pc they are separate,when you back up put the new files in a dated folder and copy by drag and dropping this folder to your back up drive,it takes seconds and is easy.

I was tempted with this too tbh I prob would never be able to fill it up so 160 would be ideal as we have a 300 gb removable hard drive (but you couldn't carry it around with you as it is so big) and have not even used 25 gb and we have everything on it pics, vids, itunes etc but what I like about this one is that you can take it everywhere with you and would suit many people who would struggle with something a bit more technical

Thank You both.

The TSV mentions being okay for use on up to 10 PC's, can you do that with a bog standard external back up hard drive?

I have 750 GB on my PC, I know a lot is taken up with programs plus theres a bit you seem to lose off the total size somewhere. I'm accummulating more and more pics and vids of my 2 year old grandson, some I have got around to saving on DVD's but it's a pain and I've probably saved some of those files multiple times. I don't want to scrub them off the hard drive for ease of use.

To those of you that are tempted because this backs up automatically you could get a much larger drive than this cheaper as has been said but some people seem put of doing a back up manually.I have 3 externals for back up and put everything that has been in a folder,when you put new files on your pc they are separate,when you back up put the new files in a dated folder and copy by drag and dropping this folder to your back up drive,it takes seconds and is easy.

Oh Snoops that's far too complicated for me. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Thank You both.

The TSV mentions being okay for use on up to 10 PC's, can you do that with a bog standard external back up hard drive?

I have 750 GB on my PC, I know a lot is taken up with programs plus theres a bit you seem to lose off the total size somewhere. I'm accummulating more and more pics and vids of my 2 year old grandson, some I have got around to saving on DVD's but it's a pain and I've probably saved some of those files multiple times. I don't want to scrub them off the hard drive for ease of use.

Your external probably won't come with back up software you will be doing it manually,but it is easy i promise.There is plenty of back up software around a quick Google will find it.

Your external probably won't come with back up software you will be doing it manually,but it is easy i promise.There is plenty of back up software around a quick Google will find it.

Hi Snoops

My Western digital did come with software, and works continually backing up without having to manually back up - or have I misunderstood?

No not at all ROC some do come with the software but you can do it yourself or get a programe from the net.

A lot of the so called back up offers that give you click free or one touch back up, or software to do this, are cheaper.. The difference is that you need to set them up and know how to do this. For the techy its no problem but for the non techy, often, its a non-starter. The one touch back up systems actually need about 30 steps to be registered before they work, depending on brand.

Drag and drop is simple but you need to know where to drag and where to drop.

The TSV from click free is a plug it in and it does it, simple, way to back up.

There is nothing else out there that works the same as far as I can see..

If you know what you are doing and want bigger hard drives then I agree with what has been said, this is not for you...

Latest posts

Back