ClickFree Auto Backup 160GB Portable Multi PC Hard Drive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OK if you type in up backup and dont press enter you will see backup and restore centre at the top thats the built in one , it then asks you if you want to save on external drive or DVD etc, just follow the instructions,you can choose what you want to save etc,

If you are using NTI backup i think it can take a image of your whole pc and totally restore it inc. vista etc ive not used it so not sure.

I would backup on a good brand DVD disk ,Verbatim are regarded as some of the best you can buy, a little bit more expensive than other brands but worth it in the long run.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000BEZYLA/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Many Thanks for the reply Deanos. I will buy the Verbatim discs and get back-upped!! Linda

My ClickFree arrived today and I've just used it; it took 8 minutes to backup my files for the first time and I have to say it's idiot proof. ;) The hardest part was getting it out of the moulded plastic casing which broke a nail. :YIKES: However, it's also very dinky and I love it. :WUB: :pPC:

Sounds good PPC- love anything techie that doesn't make me cry.:) Of course I'm kicking myself for not getting one. :mad:

My ClickFree arrived today and I've just used it; it took 8 minutes to backup my files for the first time and I have to say it's idiot proof. ;) The hardest part was getting it out of the moulded plastic casing which broke a nail. :YIKES: However, it's also very dinky and I love it. :WUB: :pPC:

Ditto but I didn't break a nail thankfully :D Wonderful piece of kit unlike that negative thing:mad:

Quick dimbo question
I backed up my pc yesterday and today I did adware and spybot checks and there were loads of problems,:eek: are they on my clickfree thing now?

I have several different hard drives currently using a WD passport 320 gig on the move, fits right in my pocket, as sheepdog has already mentioned there are some good software packages out there too, I use acronis true image 10 and ghost from 2002 only works on IDE drives sadly.

Like snoopy mentioned earlier I have a need to know what hard drive is inside any of these products because in my experience they all behave slightly different, maxtor from the past I used to detest, but since they have been bought out by seagate their quality has improved and you can no longer heat a whole house with a single maxtor hard drive;). In the past IBM were my fave hard drives, since hitachi took over the quality has been mixed imo, samsung are getting there but I hate the way their drives die, it always seems you get little warning and after hardly a chance to recover any data if need be. Western Digital seem to be my drive of choice these days followed closely by Seagate.

After saying all that you can get a bad batch from any make, years ago fujitsu made a 30 gig hard drive that was so bad I reckon it helped to end tiny computers, the failure rate was imense, I still dont like fujitsu drives or toshiba for that matter, but it's all about opinions, you pays your money etc.

Quick dimbo question
I backed up my pc yesterday and today I did adware and spybot checks and there were loads of problems,:eek: are they on my clickfree thing now?

Run spybot on your new drive,i bet it doesn't come up with anything but at least you will know then.

I havent received mine yet - did it come by post or carrier. Things are always really slow delivery to me by carrier.

Thanks - thats good it might come with Postman Pete tomorrow (his name is Pete not Pat - he also doesn't have a cat!)

oh oh just received mine .. I'm hopeless at reading the directions :eek:

Just wondering if it saves something you don't need like a file or pic.. can you delete it from the device at a later date?? :confused:

Mine came today at last - my man is trying it out now - he is the technical person in our house.

When he has got it to work I will ask him and post reply if you have no answer before then.

Thanks Rosie .. haven't had any replies :( do you know the answer yet?

or anyone else out there can you pleeze help???

My question is: Can u delete files etc on this device after they have been backed up?? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Horray ThanQ S-C-WILLOW at last some joy, I will back up later, I was concerned because I am house hunting at mo and seem to have loads of files from estate agents on my PC and don't want them saved forever..

ThanQ again 4 your help! :)

Latest posts

Back