ClickFree Auto Backup 160GB Portable Multi PC Hard Drive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Rosie .. haven't had any replies :( do you know the answer yet?

or anyone else out there can you pleeze help???

My question is: Can u delete files etc on this device after they have been backed up?? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Yes if you want to delete the files do it as you normaly would delete.

Sorry have been at work - now home can answer. If you back up all the files on your computer, then when you have removed files the next time you back up it will remove all of those you have removed (or so the expert) tells me. Hope this helps.

Don't really understand that i thought the software with it backed up new files on subsequent back ups ?

I know it sounds daft but my hubby backed up his computer then deleted a load of files and backed it up again and there was less capacity on the click free. It obviously takes them off the drive as well the next time. If you have added files then it just adds them on the next time. It does not do the whole lot each time only the extra. (sounds as clear as mud - hope you understand now)

It is great though as I am so not techincal and even I was able to just plug in and press a button and it backed up my machine.

Don't like the sound of this,say you had important work on your pc,you back it up with the click free,by accident and unknowingly you delete your important work.Your hubby backs up the pc the next day and because the work has been deleted the click free deletes the back up ?? surely that's not how it works.

I think that is how it works - maybe someone more technical can help. If not I will double check with hubby when he gets in from work.

Well :)

I have just backed up excellent ..everything is there BUT NOOOO..

I don't seem to be able to delete from this device .. I (oops) still had my 2 weeks holiday milkman's bill in word.. it has saved it and I cannot get rid of it?? :eek: any ideas anyone?? oh and a few house PDF files I really don't want have been saved

Also, it doesn't seem to have saved my AOL e-mail's?? :(

It's good tho. saved my piccies safely, but thought you could save email and delete unwanted items? will get full of unwanted bits'n'bobs otherwise .. maybe I just not sure how to use it .. all help apprieciated

You right click then click delete and it doesn't ? Drag and drop to the recycle bin ? if not it sounds like there is some sort of protection,it will be possible to delete somehow i'm sure.

Just read the manual and it's not really in depth,i can't see anything about deleting files,if it were me it would go back and i would get a bigger external without the software and back up manually.It would save you 30 quid and you would have a much bigger storage capacity.

Latest posts

Back