Cleanse and Polish Alternative

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Ive tried several CP copycats and including the NO7 and Soap and Glory ones which are OK but i haven't been overly impressed. Today i was shopping in Tesco and they have a new range called Along came Betty ( Yes strange name ) and all the items are on offer ATM and one item was a Hot cloth cleanser with muslin cloth. its a 100ml tube for £2.99 so i thought wt the hell may aswell give it ago and i can honestly say seriously impressed so far and will be returning tomorrow to stock up. It was a similar texture to CP it contains Shea and cocoa butter aswell as cranberry. It didn't leave my skin dry and tight , it left it smooth and very soft, allot like CP does. Its deffo worth a try next time Ur in Tesco and even if u hate it its only costs £2.99:happy:

Believe me when I say I've tried just about EVERYTHING as an alternative to C&P.I liked Boots soap & glory and liked it for a while and thought it was the best one...and then my face reacted badly to it.I suffer from roscea and it gradually made my face redder and more sensitive.

So my repeat buy now is Eurcin milk cleanser.I love it.Its about £9 a bottle and generally I get it on 3 for 2.

What annoys me is Alison Young and others state that liz earle range especially cleanse and polish is a range you can afford to keep using, an affordable range she says. For whom? I have used cleanse and polish a few times, its been like as a treat though, once used up I often have not been able to justify the cost. I used it doubled up too as a cleanser and shave product. I too would appreciate a clenase and polish type product but have to be considerably cheaper than LE.

What annoys me is Alison Young and others state that liz earle range especially cleanse and polish is a range you can afford to keep using, an affordable range she says. For whom? I have used cleanse and polish a few times, its been like as a treat though, once used up I often have not been able to justify the cost. I used it doubled up too as a cleanser and shave product. I too would appreciate a clenase and polish type product but have to be considerably cheaper than LE.

Exactly CP only lasts about a month and that's if u use only one pump at a time , tbh i sometimes think u need 2 pumps each time and at £13 per 100ml pump it works out pretty expensive. Im not saying everyone will like this Tesco version but i think its worth a go.

I too found with Cleanse and polish I needed two pumps, thats to shave with though as well. Still It works out expensive. The presenters are not living in the real world nor do they seem to be feeling the pinch. I find it irksome when Young says everyone can afford to use a brand like Liz Earle. No Alison we can Not.

I'll have to look out for that, thanks Autumn.. Have you tried the Asda Nspa and the Superdrug Radiant versions..? I like both of these too.

No i haven't tried them yet. I was gonna try the superdrug one but read some reviews and thought id try the Boots NO7 one instead which is OK. Slightly unrelated but can anyone recommend a good men's moisturiser? My bf has oily skin and sometimes gets break outs and i keep buying him different moisturisers but none have really been that Gd tbh. Hes tried Liz Earle both the men's and the skin repair also several high street brands anyone have any ideas plz :)

alpha -h is good and has no perfume or essential oils buy it from qvc try it out under the extended mbg and then retun it if its not suitable.....

err well maybe not!

I've haven't bought any Liz Earle products since the Avon takeover but even if she hadn't sold out, I couldn't afford to use her products regularly these days. It seems that every time I see the brand on QVC the prices have crept up a bit since the last time, whereas some brands keep similar prices for ages. I also hate it when they bang on about how affordable it is. I think Liz Earle prices are entering the realm of 'high-end' skincare now. When I bought Liz Earle regularly years ago, the products had reasonable prices and I could use them with a clear conscience because they were cruelty-free and were made in the UK. Now the prices are ridiculous and the brand is now owned by an American company who I believe used to test on animals, and are moving into the China market so will test on them again. It's very sad - I hardly recognise the brand anymore.

Exactly CP only lasts about a month and that's if u use only one pump at a time , tbh i sometimes think u need 2 pumps each time and at £13 per 100ml pump it works out pretty expensive. Im not saying everyone will like this Tesco version but i think its worth a go.

exactly. I use one pump in the morning but I definitely need 2 pumps in the evening to get rid of the day's make-up and grime.

is it true that LE have lost the "bunny" rating that symbolises no animal testing ? If so what a great shame.

I don't think so, yet anyway. Its all kicking off on the LE page, what with the news that LE has stepped down, and some customers getting free candles in the post for being loyal customers and others not! It probably wasn't shifting that well if they can afford to send £32 worth of candles to people for free!!! Yes I know I'm cynical :-D

I don't think so, yet anyway. Its all kicking off on the LE page, what with the news that LE has stepped down, and some customers getting free candles in the post for being loyal customers and others not! It probably wasn't shifting that well if they can afford to send £32 worth of candles to people for free!!! Yes I know I'm cynical :-D

No candle for me!! but without exception they provide the best customer service imo. Q could learn from them.
Everything arrives so beautifully wrapped and usually the next day and one lot of P&P .

Last edited:
I too am always on the look out for an affordable alternative to C and P. Like others I have tried the No 7 one, Soap and Glory, Nspa, and am currently using the M and S one which I got as part of a three for two but at £9 a pop do not think I will be able to afford under usual circumstances. Will defo try the Tesco one, feel like a knight in search of the holy grail!! And while on this quest I am also still looking for the perfect work bag and the dream mascara!

I have commented on the Liz Earle thread about Elemis Pro Radiance being a beautiful product and a worthy replacement - don't buy it in the single option though as the duo comes with 2 mitts and is far better value. But if you don't get on with that then the Gatineau Melatogenine Refreshing Cleansing Cream is worth a go. It's another product I fell across in a QVC set, it's thicker than the pump action action products, but seems to diminish large pores and is good at removing make up. I googled it and found somewhere on the Internet where I got a 'buy one get one free'.
Just another suggestion for others to try...

One worth trying is Vie, Seventh Heaven Cleansing Balm. I bought mine from a local shop who were selling it for £3.99 but they sold out. I`ve just found it on Amazon for £4.95 with free p and p. It`s a hot cloth cleanser and from the one tube I used, it was pretty good too so I`m going to order it. It comes in a tube not a pump and with a muslin cloth but I prefer to use towelling cloths.

Latest posts

Back