Cleanse and Polish Alternative

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stock up if you like the Vie balm because (Virgin) Vie at Home have ceased trading I think.

Jude xx

I love Temple Spa, brings back some fun memories, I was up in London, I'd been to the V+A for an exhibition, I was carrying my ebay bargain (though still V V expensive) Mulberry bag, when I walked down towards Harrods on my way back to the underground to get back to Paddington. I dropped into Harrods and was strolling around the general beauty section, the girls were falling over themselves to serve me! I bought a small gift bag of Temple Spa and some Philip Kingsley, no dearer than Q, with all the fun of having someone treat me as a very important customer!!!!

I've found a quick and easy way of getting the M&S one out of the ****** container. Use the tube from the pump dispenser as a spatula. Job done! Happy Tink!!

Not ideal but soooo much easier.

No i haven't tried them yet. I was gonna try the superdrug one but read some reviews and thought id try the Boots NO7 one instead which is OK. Slightly unrelated but can anyone recommend a good men's moisturiser? My bf has oily skin and sometimes gets break outs and i keep buying him different moisturisers but none have really been that Gd tbh. Hes tried Liz Earle both the men's and the skin repair also several high street brands anyone have any ideas plz :)

Emma Hardie lighter lotion is light, non greasy and has a pleasant minty smell.
When I used Cleanse and Polish I found the 200ml tubes much more economical, and you could dispense exactly the amount you needed rather than waste 2 pumps. I found one pump enough but did not put a thick layer on my skin. I always use a seperate eye make up remover, not out of necessity- just habit as I prefer liquid lotions around my eyes not thick creams.

I have a pump of the princes trust rose Cleanse & Polish in my cupboard someone bought for me. Anyone tried it?

No i haven't tried them yet. I was gonna try the superdrug one but read some reviews and thought id try the Boots NO7 one instead which is OK. Slightly unrelated but can anyone recommend a good men's moisturiser? My bf has oily skin and sometimes gets break outs and i keep buying him different moisturisers but none have really been that Gd tbh. Hes tried Liz Earle both the men's and the skin repair also several high street brands anyone have any ideas plz :)
Yr boyfriend probably doesn't need a moisturiser at all unless he has a few dry patches. I know because the first thing the hospital consultant dermatologist asked me when I had skin problems was whether I was using a moisturiser and not to use it. I wasn't using one and only washed my face with soap and water. I had six weeks of roaccutane treatment which involved regular blood tests, no drinking of alcohol and the results were spectacular.

picked up the Along Came Betty hot cloth cleanser this morning - along with day cream, night cream, eye cream & hand cream..under £14 the lot - HappyMum!

Emma Hardie lighter lotion is light, non greasy and has a pleasant minty smell.
When I used Cleanse and Polish I found the 200ml tubes much more economical, and you could dispense exactly the amount you needed rather than waste 2 pumps. I found one pump enough but did not put a thick layer on my skin. I always use a seperate eye make up remover, not out of necessity- just habit as I prefer liquid lotions around my eyes not thick creams.

I have a pump of the princes trust rose Cleanse & Polish in my cupboard someone bought for me. Anyone tried it?
I'm dithering between brands. Was using emma and then went to C&P, and bought the lavender one to try at bedtime. I have oily skin, even at my age, and i came
out in breakouts, not a pretty sight. Stopped using it and tried the Elemis pro radiance, which i bought in the drop to try. Well what a change in
my skin, its lovely and sort of matt and even when i put make up on early in the morning by the time i come back from a very busy long day at
work i've noticed my make up was still on (doublewear) and thats amazing. So i'm sticking with the cleanser, giving my daughter rest of the lavender Liz tube. But i love emma's moisturiser, but don't use it very much, my idea of controlling my oily skin, probably wrong LOL

I think LE went wrong trying to sell C&P as a suitable for all cleanser. For my dry sensitive skin it is brilliant, better than pro radiance but for those with Rosascea or oily skin I think probably not.

I think LE went wrong trying to sell C&P as a suitable for all cleanser. For my dry sensitive skin it is brilliant, better than pro radiance but for those with Rosascea or oily skin I think probably not.

I have rosacea and it works for me.

I have oily combination skin and C&P is fine for me.

I have oily combination skin and C&P is fine for me.
Same as me LE Lover and thats why i tried C &P.
But i was amazed at the difference elemis cleanser made to my skin, and i've tried every brand Q sell. Don't know why i hadn't tried the
pro radiance, but i'm hooked on it now. But as we all know, everyones different and what will work for some, others hate and vice versa.
And after the sellout to avon, i sort of went of the image and philosophy of Liz, and i was using 2 damm pumps to get make up of, and
i don't use eye liner etc. And now with her off the scene completely, i wouldn't order again. I think avon will change everything, for the
worse. I love her shampoo and have stocked up on it, incase it changes LOL

Exact same for me. I just ran out of LE shampoo, and although I own other Avon products I really don't like her selling out to them. I am certain the quality and formulations will go down hill now. I was also using Ojon colour sustain shampoo and conditioner (love it) but I don't like the price of it in John Lewis (18 quid for a 250 ml bottle). I am down to my last inch of the stuff- until I saw a litre of it with a litre of the conditioner for 66 quid plus postage. Its on 3 easy pay at the mo. I know it sounds expensive but that's equivalent to 4 bottles of each so will last me a whole year I think, and takes the price right down. Shampoo is one thing I really can't skimp on due to a very sensitive scalp. I know Ojon are owned by someone else too- Estee Lauder? But I do like the formulation of this.

M&S have 20% off beauty and skincare if anyone loves it or fancies trying it. I bought another of the Pure facial oil which at less than a fiver is good value for money. It's light though so don't expect the same texture as Superskin Concentrate. Similar ingredients though and at least a third of the price.

I used to use LE Cleanse and Polish but the Elemis pro-radiance I have found is even better and just a good at getting of eye make-up if you want to use it for that. I do also love Gatineau refreshing cleansing cream but that's only for the face not eyes as it seems to work wonders on my skin.

Have tried the Along came Betty hot cloth cleanser and would of liked it except for the smell.
Its a cheap sickly fruity smell-the cranberry perhaps- what a shame they made it to smell like this, I wont be buying it again because of it.

However it feels good to use and rinses off nicely it didnt make my face feel tight or dry and seems to be an ok alternative if you dont mind the cloying fragrance of it.
With the LE C&P I liked the camphor smell, much more sophisticated.

Ive got the 'eye me up' eye lifting cream as well. 15ml tube.
Only used it today but it sinks in well is light, dosnt appear or feel greasy and thank goodness no horrible smell. Under eye area feels smooth, think I might like the eye cream, cant recall the price but Im sure it was under 3 quid.

Awww shame u dont like the smell i actually really like it and have been using it every day for just over a week now and my skin is the best its ever been, Ive been back and bought some more incase the price increases or they run out. Havent tried anything else from the range but i will when i go again next week.

I love the smell..! Couldn't quite place it, torn between strawberry/raspberry/cranberry! I like the hand cream too. I got day & night cream and eye cream but am trying to be good and finish off my Superdrug stuff before I start on this.

I love the smell..! Couldn't quite place it, torn between strawberry/raspberry/cranberry! I like the hand cream too. I got day & night cream and eye cream but am trying to be good and finish off my Superdrug stuff before I start on this.
Im glad you like it too i kinda think its cranberry smell but wotever it is i like it and it does the job and at that price total bargain.

Latest posts

Back