Claire, be quiet for a bit and slow down please!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Now I like the way that Claire engages in conversation with the guest presenters, putting across her knowledge of the product and what it can do, but I hate the way she talks over them sometimes - and talks so much! Take the DIY show today, I watched a bit of it (which I don't normally do, as I don't like Julian as a presenter and I know he presents DIY quite a bit). When I saw it was Claire presenting, I left it on. But she kept interrupting the man with the paint rollers and the man with the water saving products, to the point where I heard them both repeat a couple of things they'd said because she'd interrupted them. She also jumps in with little quips a lot and is very 'jolly hockey sticks' sometimes, but if I really want to know more about a product it's off-putting. Admittedly Jilly's way of presenting (which is to offer a lot of 'oh ok's' and not a lot else sometimes) gets on my nerves, but at least she doesn't keep interrupting and gabbling away like a steam train.

Be quiet for a bit Claire and let the guest presenter speak, you can say your bit but please don't speak over him/her. AK is guilty of this too, but not as much as Claire.

I still think Julia's their best presenter. I know she gets some stick on here but she really is good at her job and I will often watch a show because she's on as I find her knowledge of the products and the questions she asks interesting.

exactly the point i was making in the jilly thread. i don't care how well they're turned out, the 'little quips' that only she thinks are funny and the constant interruptions, outweigh that in a very short time. if nothing else, it is just SO rude!

Agree that Julia is their best presenter---by a long way. Also like Jilly,yes I know she comes out with the usual stock phrases, but she is pleasant and never tries to take over the show or talk over guests.
Talking of guests, one of my favourites is Alpha-H Tom. I don't use that brand myself but he is such a pleasure to listen to, always try to watch his shows.

Can't be doing with that silly, affected Sutton woman, that idiotic voice of hers is completely put on (god knows why, it seems to irritate nearly everybody rather than endear people to her!) - she did a 'take it home & play with it' test on a camera or something & on the video report she did, guess what.....she sounded completely different! None of this inane baby voiced squeaking & also, none of this 'poor little ditzy blonde who doesn't understand man stuff' nonsense, she knew exactly how the thing worked & how to use it to its best advantage!

Her TV persona is as fake as her hair, though her acting skills aren't all that; every so often you can hear the voice deepen & start to sound more 'normal', whereupon she has to scramble it back up to mumsy-wumsy, high-pitched, playschool level! Pathetic, truly pathetic.
QVC presenters are like the Spice Girls, there has to be one of everything to appeal to the widest possible audience, so we have the dizzy blonde one (CS), the fashionista (JF), the give-it-to-you-straight Northern one (JB), the perfect flatmate one (CR) & so on & so forth.....! :dull:

(mum writes)

I felt just the same this morning about Carmel during the Heavenly Sleepwear hour. She talks like a road roller, completely overpowering the guest and just going on and on and on. What's worse is that the constant interruptions aren't about the products but about how you can "tap the app" and queues on the phones. And I lost count of the number of times she said that various items would be good in her "baby bag". Anyone would think she was the first human being to be pregnant. I'm know in my day we didn't keep on about it, it was all quiet and discreet. Can't wait for maternity leave. I have nothing against her personally but I can't stand her on-screen presence.

Can't be doing with that silly, affected Sutton woman, that idiotic voice of hers is completely put on (god knows why, it seems to irritate nearly everybody rather than endear people to her!) - she did a 'take it home & play with it' test on a camera or something & on the video report she did, guess what.....she sounded completely different! None of this inane baby voiced squeaking & also, none of this 'poor little ditzy blonde who doesn't understand man stuff' nonsense, she knew exactly how the thing worked & how to use it to its best advantage!

Her TV persona is as fake as her hair, though her acting skills aren't all that; every so often you can hear the voice deepen & start to sound more 'normal', whereupon she has to scramble it back up to mumsy-wumsy, high-pitched, playschool level! Pathetic, truly pathetic.
QVC presenters are like the Spice Girls, there has to be one of everything to appeal to the widest possible audience, so we have the dizzy blonde one (CS), the fashionista (JF), the give-it-to-you-straight Northern one (JB), the perfect flatmate one (CR) & so on & so forth.....! :dull:

An invitation if ever there was one....

The Drudge (AD)

The Super-glam older woman (JR)

The boring neighbour (DF)

The creepy one who looks at you when he thinks you're not looking (CB)

The know-all at work (SB)

Loooooool. More like:

Whining set of bagpipes, but basically alright.

Wheezing, scrawny, insincere, ghastly, materialistic, sycophantic old hag who fawningly sucks up to men that wear sparkling spider brooches the size of a dinner plate on their shoulder!

Middle class, middle-aged woman with a slightly sensual, pleasant voice who has taken positive action to improve her appearance and self esteem.

Really nice, down-to-earth middle-aged lady who is very warm, natural and funny, prone to mistakes, but gets by OK

Attractive older woman who is slightly insecure - particularly in the presence of a younger female who has the same hair colour.

Fake, ditzy peroxide and pearls bimbette who has a different persona off-screen and is not a stupid as she seems.

Early middle-aged guy who is completely career-obsessed and very controlled in his delivery. Is smarmy and more unctuous than an avocado.

Older middle-aged guy who is essentially the same as above but more at ease with himself. Has a very controlled and calming voice.

Former mancunian model who trades on a down-to-earth image that is not what it seems. The car he drives reveals this!

Dull upper middle class woman who thinks she is special because her husband hosted a dreary word game on BBC2.

Vibrant, younger middle aged woman who has gone through a lot in life.

Screechy, bossy woman with eyebags like dustbin liners. Likes to wear 80s shoulder-padded lilac jackets. More of a saleswoman than a knowledgable expert.

Quintessially English rose that comes across as very cleansed and polished! Is actually something of a diva that demands "honeyed lights" and her own private dressing room and make-up artists. Has many large properties and a small flat in Sloan Avenue.

Loooooool. More like:

Wheezing, scrawny, insincere, ghastly, materialistic, sycophantic old hag who fawningly sucks up to men that wear sparkling spider brooches the size of a dinner plate on their shoulder!

Middle class, middle-aged woman with a slightly sensual, pleasant voice who has taken positive action to improve her appearance and self esteem.

Really nice, down-to-earth middle-aged lady who is very warm, natural and funny, prone to mistakes, but gets by OK

Attractive older woman who is slightly insecure - particularly in the presence of a younger female who has the same hair colour.

Fake, ditzy peroxide and pearls bimbette who has a different persona off-screen and is not a stupid as she seems.

Early middle-aged guy who is completely career-obsessed and very controlled in his delivery. Is smarmy and more unctuous than an avocado.

Older middle-aged guy who is essentially the same as above but more at ease with himself. Has a very controlled and calming voice.

Former mancunian model who trades on a down-to-earth image that is not what it seems. The car he drives reveals this!

Dull upper middle class woman who thinks she is special because her husband hosted a dreary word game on BBC2.

Screechy, bossy woman with eyebags like dustbin liners. Likes to wear 80s shoulder-padded lilac jackets. More of a saleswoman than a knowledgable expert.

Quintessially English rose that comes across as very cleansed and polished! Is actually something of a diva that demands "honeyed lights" and her own private dressing room and make-up artists. Has many large properties and a small flat in Sloan Avenue.

Can you provide aka's please Julius?! I think I have most of them....otherwise it'll bug me!! :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I think in order it's
A Dawson
Jill franks
CHuntleyI
Kathy T
Julia R
Claire Sutton
Dale
Charlie
Julian
Debbie G
Ali K
AY 100%
Liz Earle

Ali K younger middle aged? Charlie middle aged? Think you're out on your age estimations, that's what threw me!! Julian used to be a model did he? What car does he have these days? Oh and who is the younger model with dark hair that Julia is jealous of?!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I think I have correctly guessed most of them :happy:

Loooooool. More like:

ANNE DAWES

JILL FRANKS

KATHY TAYLOR

JULIA?

CLAIRE SUTTON

DALE

SIMON B

JULIAN

DEBBIE GREENWOOD

ALLY KENAN

ALYSON

LIZ EARLE

This could also be said of Pippa, but I would not call her middle aged though, so it has to be ALI KEENAN

I am now imagining the team I work in being presenters on Q, do not think I had better type anything else or I will have no job.........

....:

I don't have a strong view on Claire S herself (well, they can all get on your nerves from time to time - familiarity breeds contempt and all that) but I had to laugh once when she joked about the way Leighton Denny said/pronounced something and he straight away told her she never uses her real voice when presenting, and she sounds completely different off camera! Her face was a picture.

Latest posts

Back