Christmas with Yankee Candle TSV 29/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

all extra profit for qvc the p&p is

So it would seem. £7.95 is outrageous for postage of 4 relatively small items. As people have said here, they are hardly beds or wardrobes so will easily fit in a small van (along with many other items) so that's really taking QVC customers for fools. I have a feeling this tsv might bomb as a result but I may of course be wrong. I also don't like the new Yankee cover design either.....the first set isn't so bad but the second lot make them look cheap and haven't even been stuck on straight. I love Yankee candles but won't be buying this time because of the covers on the jars and the ridiculous postage costs.

Does anyone know whether you can use the old fashioned Yankee tarts in the new Centerpiece Melt Cup Warmers please?

Does anyone know whether you can use the old fashioned Yankee tarts in the new Centerpiece Melt Cup Warmers please?

Hi Jacqualina, as long as you have an empty melt cup, you can put two tarts in there and use it in a Scenterpiece.

I've worn out a few melt cups, poured the wax away (into a container that then went into the bin, obviously not down the plug!), gave it a wash in hot water and bingo, two tarts unwrapped and put in there and they melt perfectly.

Hope this helps!

The problem is not the postage costs it's QVC's failure to pass on the deal they get with Hermes to their customers. I sold a couple of Yankee large jars on eBay once and seriously underestimated the postage. One jar will still count as a small parcel so a fiver or so would cover it. Sending 2 together is too heavy, and cost over £12 to send royal mail.I only made the mistake once and after that sold them individually or buyer collect.

I don't like the new labels. They have changed them all in the USA since the company was bought out. The new labels are cheaper to produce I guess. Yankee are supposedly keeping the old style labels for the UK and European markets, so why is QVC getting all these awful labels? I bet it's because QVC can't get the good deals any longer. I think these are like the budget lines they used to do, the artisan range?

Hi Jacqualina, as long as you have an empty melt cup, you can put two tarts in there and use it in a Scenterpiece.

I've worn out a few melt cups, poured the wax away (into a container that then went into the bin, obviously not down the plug!), gave it a wash in hot water and bingo, two tarts unwrapped and put in there and they melt perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Hi I just thought I would mention that a whole votive can be used in an empty meltcup too. And no need to pour away as both the melts and the votives will just pop out in one go once they have set. The tarts might need a few minutes in the freezer but the votives don't usually. Just let them set and cool down properly.

nah i think this is Q giving more choice & giving customers a cheaper range to jump into as ive never had an issue with any yankee jar at all & have been able to smell all the previous ones weve had

mind you i ordered AD last night & got the lower postage so im not worried at all as i think they are good for what they are

nah i think this is Q giving more choice & giving customers a cheaper range to jump into as ive never had an issue with any yankee jar at all & have been able to smell all the previous ones weve had

mind you i ordered AD last night & got the lower postage so im not worried at all as i think they are good for what they are

To be fair, Ian, you only got £1 off the second delivery so 25p a candle (or 12.5p if you count all 8 you've bought). Still a pound's a pound, I suppose.

i love the yankee candles but i do have a mean streak last year after xmas the box sets with votives went down to £7.50 over the weeks a bought about 6 overall. gave some away and still burning the odd one. i always wait i want a deal

I have never seen the attraction of Yankee Candles myself.I did get some once and would not buy again.They are quite freely available now so you can have a sniff before you buy.They also seem high maintenance with all this wick trimming.I have caught sight of the TSV & it seems a collection of odd bits they have lying around & well, the P&P what is there to say?

i am lucky i can go to a new yankee store near me and there are loads of offers and you can smell like you said before you buy. with qvc there is always going to be one you dont like in the collections and that puts me off plus the postage

I decided to pop to my local Yankee Store today before ordering anything from QVC - and when I mentioned QVC's TSV day, they offered to match QVC's price for any collection, as long as I purchased exactly the same items.... and that was the actual price, not including postage!
I was very restrained and just bought one of the plug-in sets - and my home is filled with lovely scent this evening as I didn't have to wait for a delivery either :mysmilie_14:

I stopped buying Yankee candles when they started burning with a paraffin type smell. I do still have some YC votives and melts but they don't give off enough fragrance to be noticeable. I'm currently burning a Prices candle and the fragrance is permuating through the downstairs of my house. However, the brand that is my favourite is the Milkhouse Creamery range, which I stockpiled when QVC stopped doing them and they went into clearance. When one of those is burning the fragrance can be smelt all over the house.

Latest posts

Back