Christmas Delivery - MY AR*E!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't received my YBF TSV yet, not even today, as Boxing Day is a normal working day here, in France !

With regards to damaged goods,the sender is required to package an item in such a way that the contents are protected. No service will offer 'fragile' considerations any more, as the packaging is supposed to protect no matter what. So any complaint against the courier in my experience will fall on deaf ears- a friends hubby works in the sorting office of RM and told me that parcels are relly tossed around and if they get damaged,it's down to the sender to claim on insurance and prove that the packaging was adequate.
I actually emailed QVC about a last minute gift I ordered last Thursday. They hadn't even procesed the order after 48 hours and I doubted it would arrive on time for Christmas so I emailed and told them to cancel. Lo and behold,within an hour the item was dispatched and actually arrived Tuesday morning via Hermes. In the meantime,I had an email telling me 'your item was dispatched within 48 hours which is well within our T&C'. Well I have to ask-would it have been dispatched in time without my stroppy email? I really am sick of QVC and have to ask myself-why do I continue to order? TBH,most of my custom this year has gone to Amazon,and even the 4 items I ordered from Zavvi arrived within 48 hours,with much smaller p&p costs than QVC.

Still waiting for something ordered on the 13th-missing apparently as sent by Royal Mail. I am awaiting a claims form or something. Not QVCs fault but still annoying. This happened to me last year with two items from other company's one was Liz Earle direct. I got refunded then months later the post master himself came knocking at my door with a big apology and the items. I was too honest and owned up to the company's expecting some good will- but they sent returns labels and I had to traipse to the post office with them.

Ordered the Mally concealer Xmas surprise at 8 p.m. on Sat night it hadn't been shipped until Moday night at 11 p.m. - I was checking!!!
Hasn't arrived and postie said that there won't be any more for me today.
I rang last weekend and CS said that everything from the weekend onwards was going out 1st class. Well, a kipling bag that was sent earlier on on Monday has just arrived with a 2nd class label on it, so the 1st class comment was BS!
So, I've just come off the phone to CS - a 15 minute phone call BTW - good job they were paying! I had to argue with them that they said it would be here for Xmas so at a minimum they should be refunding the p&p. He said that there were no guarantees that it would be here for Christmas! So, in which case what was Dale's advert about and why was it called 'last minute Christmas shopping weekend'? He just kept saying that there were no guarantees and they would not refund postage as the fact that it hadn't arrived today was still in line with their 5 - 7 working days for delivery. I had to ask for a manager, was put on hold for 5 mins then told a manager wasn't available and on this one occasion as a goodwill gesture he would refund p&p. I said that I bet he'd had loads more calls today about this and he said 95% of people have got their oreders which he said was good - what a load of carp - how many 1000s does the 5% who haven't got theirs equate to??!!

Rant over. I hope the rest of you aren't in the 5% like me!!!

Merry Christmas!

I ordered the Toshiba camcorder on 12th December for my husband's Christmas present. It was sent out on the 14th. When it didn't arrive by the following weekend I rang them and was told to wait until 23rd. After calls and emails, they rang me on 23rd to say that it had gone missing!! I was annoyed to say the least as I had almost begged them to check with the courier as to where it might be. I had the same trouble a couple of years ago with 5 boxes of Molten Brown, all bought for Christmas presents, it wasn't until I asked them to get in touch with the courier that they turned up on Christmas eve.

In October I order from QVC. After two weeks it was not delivered so I called CS and was told that they can take 30 working days to deliver a product as stated on the web site. They told be to call back after the 30 days was up.

I told them in that case can you please cancel my order.

Delivery was made the next day.

I have been let down by QVC in this regard 3 years on the trot, so now no longer order anything for Xmas from them after the 1st week of December, i was well impressed with Fred Aldous though I ordered from them midday on 23rd and the parcel was delivered the next morning .. Xmas Eve I was stunned ... there's service, if they can do it why can't QVC?

I have been let down by QVC in this regard 3 years on the trot, so now no longer order anything for Xmas from them after the 1st week of December, i was well impressed with Fred Aldous though I ordered from them midday on 23rd and the parcel was delivered the next morning .. Xmas Eve I was stunned ... there's service, if they can do it why can't QVC?

Thanks for the info, never heard of Fred Aldous, just had a look at site and fantastic:mysmilie_687:

Same old QVC

I agree with you all trouble is we still shop with them. I got a Molton brown TSV after christmas bout four years ago. It has always been very hit and miss with QVC imho even more so at Christmas.
The hardest thing I think is waiting for your 'working days' window to elapse when you know full well the parcel will not turn up. It is soo frustrating.
Plus everything is a performance with them. Wait for this label, that form etc.
In contrast I bought a pepper mill from Lakelands Bath store earlier in the year, it broke just before Christmas. I rung them, two days later brand new replacement plus lovely personal letter of apology.
We should definitely vote with our custom.I am much better now at only buying things that I am certain I will not mind waiting ages to receive.
Plus I do a little test which is this, I watch the presentation, add up the total cost including p&p, imagine I am stood in John Lewis / Asda / beauty counter ( you choose!) and say to myself would I spend that amount on this product today? if the answer no then I dont buy it.
It isnt easy but I do feel much better with my spending more in control somehow ( you farters will agree I think).
I have been with QVC since the beginning ( anyone else remember LE packing the kits in her hallway at home??) and dont want to sound like a know it all git but QVC have got away with too much too often imho.
BTW love reading all your posts
Heres to us all having a wonderful 2010
Love DQ

Last edited:
I agree with you all trouble is we still shop with them. I got a Molton brown TSV after christmas bout four years ago. It has always been very hit and miss with QVC imho even more so at Christmas.
The hardest thing I think is waiting for your 'working days' window to elapse when you know full well the parcel will not turn up. It is soo frustrating.
Plus everything is a performance with them. Wait for this label, that form etc.
In contrast I bought a pepper mill from Lakelands Bath store earlier in the year, it broke just before Christmas. I rung them, two days later brand new replacement plus lovely personal letter of apology.
We should definitely vote with our custom.I am much better now at only buying things that I am certain I will not mind waiting ages to receive.
Plus I do a little test which is this, I watch the presentation, add up the total cost including p&p, imagine I am stood in John Lewis / Asda / beauty counter ( you choose!) and say to myself would I spend that amount on this product today? if the answer no then I dont buy it.
It isnt easy but I do feel much better with my spending more in control somehow ( you farters will agree I think).
I have been with QVC since the beginning ( anyone else remember LE packing the kits in her hallway at home??) and dont want to sound like a know it all git but QVC have got away with too much too often imho.
BTW love reading all your posts
Heres to us all having a wonderful 2010
Love DQ

Amen to everything you've said

Yes dramaqueen i agree with everything you say.When I first bought from QVC,the customer service was refreshing.Online wasn't the fashion,and very few could afford to even have a PC at home.However QVC have failed to cotton on that most others companies are ahead of them now.Marks and spencers don't require me to wait or fill out this or that..........QVC CS are to the point of frustrating at times.

It hasn't come with post today either and it was supposed to be here 6 days ago!

What have they said about it. Let me guess they'll send you a form. What are you meant to do with that, give it to the person instead of their christmas present

I think QVC consider their customers to be mushrooms. After all, they keep them in the dark and feed them s**t!

If you recall, I posted to another thread about a Centigrade coat ordered well before Christmas. The coat was great but had a fault when it arrived. Tried to arrange a replacement and was told, on Dec 18th, that the replacement would be sent right away and received in time for Christmas. I was extremely grateful to the nice lady on the phone as I know it's not something that normally happens. Fast forward a few days to Christmas Eve. The coat hadn't arrived and I had to call CS yet again to find out what was happening as the account had gone from "in process" to "awaiting stock". After being told 6 different things by 6 different people on the phone during the course of 6 days, they eventually decided to tell me that that the stock had all been held, most likely because a fault had been found.

Do QVC just lie outrightly to customers or is it conceivable that they can be so incompetent that they really do not know what is happening to customers orders or their own stock?

Now I have to wait some random, indeterminate length of time because they have to send me a cheque for a refund. The modern, hi-tech, number 1 shopping channel cannot refund directly to my debit card now. These people are an absolute shower.

The only good part of this story comes from the fact that I still needed a coat and so I went to good old T K Maxx. I found a glorious £139 coat being sold for £40. It's far better than any of the coats QVC have been hawking this year and far cheaper too. Reversible, washable on trend, cheap and NO P&P or 2 week wait :D I love it!

Does anyone know how long the 'form' takes to arrive when an item has gone missing? I rang CS a couple of days before Christmas.

My TSV photo scanner that was supposed to be delivered before Christmas finally turned up yesterday. I'm not impressed! Still despite having very mixed reviews on the website (some people obviously got them on time) it seems to be scanning well for me.

Latest posts

Back