Chloe on the Holiday Shop Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Know what you mean.Some of the presenters on all channels use celebs to try and entice us to part with our money.Whos wearing what on the red carpet makes no difference to me.

I am 42 and lost interest in celebrities when I was in my early 20's at uni. I don't care two hoots what celebrities use. I don't mind being told that a style of jewellery is "on trend" and a few magazine pictures. I don't mind the same for make up but with this I want to see real life, real women "makeovers" starting with a bare face. I think celeb endorsements are an insult to our intelligence.

I've looked up KK and she is 34, an American tv and media personality, model and socialite.
Am I supposed to buy products because her name is mentioned?
Right.

My education is now complete !!!!! Er, if I give you a list on 10 A4 pages could you ....................................

I've lived a sheltered 'celebrity free' life since 1976 !!!!

Under normal circumstances, of course!! If I wasn't so busy right now ....

Lol. Depends what you mean by sexy! Don't forget,60 is the new 50 and 50 is the new 40 apparently ,so I'm hanging on in there..........

:mysmilie_51: brissles, all Shopping Channel presenters seem to be guilty of this one....presenters on TJC, Gems and, of course, the wonderful, ever-professional IW, all blabber on about KK, Sarah Jessica somebody, etc. etc. etc. wearing this or that, or "it's everywhere on the catwalk this year". Who gives a stuff? If I like it, and can afford it, I buy it, aerosols to whether some vacuous, talentless "celeb" is wearing it. I'm no teenager to be influenced, but it probably gets on the nerves of the younger generation, too. I want facts, and to know some background info - not to hear wittering on about which so-called 'celeb' is wearing something similar......shopping channels, please take note.

:mysmilie_51:
Dear Lord, it makes me weep to think that someone who is almost 40 (?) can feed Kim Kadarshian facts to a mainly middle aged audience. Apart from seeing KK mentioned in the papers at times, I have no idea (or want to know) who this non-entity is.

:mysmilie_51: brissles, all Shopping Channel presenters seem to be guilty of this one....presenters on TJC, Gems and, of course, the wonderful, ever-professional IW, all blabber on about KK, Sarah Jessica somebody, etc. etc. etc. wearing this or that, or "it's everywhere on the catwalk this year". Who gives a stuff? If I like it, and can afford it, I buy it, aerosols to whether some vacuous, talentless "celeb" is wearing it. I'm no teenager to be influenced, but it probably gets on the nerves of the younger generation, too. I want facts, and to know some background info - not to hear wittering on about which so-called 'celeb' is wearing something similar......shopping channels, please take note.

:mysmilie_51:

I suppose it IS a generational 'thing'. I'm older enough to remember (just) Picturegoer magazine with adverts of Ava Gardner smoking Camel fags, or Lana Turner advertising Max Factor. The only difference - they REALLY were beauties with numerous films under their belts!!!! But you are SO right, ..... who gives a stuff, I certainly don't, and I suppose the only answer to this, is to employ (like B & Q) staff who understand what being middle aged and 'young' middle aged is all about !!!!

Latest posts

Back