Chloe on Aurora show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Asking if you can wear the friendship bracelet (or any costume pieces) when swimming on holiday. Sexy sounding man says absolutely not as pools have chlorine. Chloe replies, "Is that right? No swimming anyone, no fun!", as if genuinely surprised. Then, as he's explaining that metals react with their environment, she starts grinning at camera and says, "Take your jewelry off and close your eyes," as if to say he's being a bit OTT with his advice. She gave me an instant flashback of when I was in school and some girls would giggle and look to each other as if communicating the teacher was a bit barmy/behind-the-times.

Then she adds when he says he goes to Ozone pools she says that she doesn't think there's any near me, "But there we go," as if dismissing they exist. I live in the sticks, but even I'm aware of one in the nearest city.

Is it just me or does anyone else's hackles go up when a presenter seems to get a bit snarky with guests - particularly the ones that obviously know their stuff and try to advise customers?

Asking if you can wear the friendship bracelet (or any costume pieces) when swimming on holiday. Sexy sounding man says absolutely not as pools have chlorine. Chloe replies, "Is that right? No swimming anyone, no fun!", as if genuinely surprised. Then, as he's explaining that metals react with their environment, she starts grinning at camera and says, "Take your jewelry off and close your eyes," as if to say he's being a bit OTT with his advice. She gave me an instant flashback of when I was in school and some girls would giggle and look to each other as if communicating the teacher was a bit barmy/behind-the-times.

Then she adds when he says he goes to Ozone pools she says that she doesn't think there's any near me, "But there we go," as if dismissing they exist. I live in the sticks, but even I'm aware of one in the nearest city.

Is it just me or does anyone else's hackles go up when a presenter seems to get a bit snarky with guests - particularly the ones that obviously know their stuff and try to advise customers?
Sounds to me like she is taking lessons from 'I know more that the guest' SG.

Sounds to me like she is taking lessons from 'I know more that the guest' SG.

Oh, HER! She was on with Mr sexy voice the last time I watched. I had to switch off. She just makes me cringe with embarrassment for the poor guest.

I get fed up with the deteriorating levels of simple professionalism and courtesy shown by QVC's presenters. Whether it is talking over/ignoring/interrupting guests, spiteful or belittling comments about co-presenters or the studio team, or innuendos or in-jokes with guests or studio team... or constant interaction with the ipad rather than the guest and the camera. Nobody seems to prepare for shows, so they haven't got a clue about colours or sizes of items. Far too many presenters turn up wearing clothes I'd slob around it at home rather than wear to work.

There is a growing feeling that the presenters are puffed-up with their own importance, and feel superior to their viewers and the guests. The only time this changes is when they encounter someone who even they acknowledge is actually more famous than they are... then we get treated to nausea-inducing fawning.

The rudest presenter bar none is Sarah Griffiths. Next, and undoubtedly jockeying for position, are Debbie and Julia. My opinions of course, and I'm sure some will disagree.

In Chloe's case, like most of the recent intake she's not a natural selly telly presenter, and she has a rather limited repertoire of patter, and plays on her non-nonsense northern lass routine (hence pie butties). A positive take on it is that she's resisting being more conformist to the presenter stereotype, but doesn't preventer her appearing offhand and disrespectful to guests... particularly when they are a well-liked guest like Dominic.

I watched this show and was cringing at her. I felt so sorry for poor (lovely) Dominic. Another thing is I do wish Q would employ someone with nice hands and nails to do jewellery shows. Her nails are all bitten right down and look awful when she presents any jewellery.

Aurora have lovely items, but not presented well at all tonight. (Alison Keenan is my favourite presenter - please give her more shows, and not the fools they have been employing over the past few years. They are all so full of their own importance.

On a different note, has anyone bought any Aurora jewellery - I am always tempted but have never indulged. It does look amazing though.

Last edited:
I have a few pieces and have sent some back as well. Mostly they are pretty good.

I think House of Frazer do this range which would let you see it in the flesh before you pay Q rip off postage.

I have a few pieces and have sent some back as well. Mostly they are pretty good.

I think House of Frazer do this range which would let you see it in the flesh before you pay Q rip off postage.

They have a whole unit in St David's in Cardiff I'm told (my niece loves it).

I have one of the ex-TSV friendship bracelets and love it. It catches the light and sparkles beautifully. I do look after my stuff so it still looks as good as new despite being worn a lot.

I'm sure M&S do a range using Swarovski as my niece has a few items. They're very similar, but I haven't seen any friendship bracelets there.

The only thing that bugs me is that a lot of the earrings (in loads of ranges, not just Aurora or M&S), aren't mirror images. It puts me off when a manufacturer can't be bothered to make partners instead of just stamping out the same design and sticking them on hooks.

Poor Mr AURURA was on the lunch time show and had the Gale Hayman man drooling over him.

I always thought John(?) was married. I'm sure I remember him mentioning his wife used Rutin supplements for her high-coloured skin (which I then tried for mine. It doesn't work btw).

But whether he is or isn't, how dare he! Mr Aurora is MINE (or at least his voice is in my dreams).

I always thought John(?) was married. I'm sure I remember him mentioning his wife used Rutin supplements for her high-coloured skin (which I then tried for mine. It doesn't work btw).

But whether he is or isn't, how dare he! Mr Aurora is MINE (or at least his voice is in my dreams).

Yes he is and has kids but that did not stop him with Chloe and Craig egging him on. I think Mr A blushed at one point because of the Innuendo's flying around.

Yes he is and has kids but that did not stop him with Chloe and Craig egging him on. I think Mr A blushed at one point because of the Innuendo's flying around.

Just imagine if the male guest started throwing sexual innuendos at the female presenters, there'd be an uproar. Just another in a long line of stereotypical attitudes allowed by the outdated QVC.

Yes they do. Also have sales and you can get 75% off Aurora items. I bought earrings for under £16 and always get people commenting on how sparkly they are.

Dominic is far too much of a gentleman to put the Q madams in their place. Between Chuntley flashing her bazookas at him, JF gushing over him and Sg talking him down I just don't know how the poor chap puts up with it.

Whilst it is very bad if someone of the opposite sex starts being too familiar I think it is even worse when someone of the same sex hits on you. If you take offence it appears that you are being homophobic.

Dominic is far too much of a gentleman to put the Q madams in their place. Between Chuntley flashing her bazookas at him, JF gushing over him and Sg talking him down I just don't know how the poor chap puts up with it.

Whilst it is very bad if someone of the opposite sex starts being too familiar I think it is even worse when someone of the same sex hits on you. If you take offence it appears that you are being homophobic.

Depends why he's offended, I'd guess.

Being angry that he's being publicly hit on (either seriously or as a joke) when people know he's got a partner is understandable.

Being angry that a man is coming on to him while he'd be OK if it was a woman flirting would mean he's bigoted to some degree. And doesn't think that much of his partner.

I'd hope Mr Aurora gave them short shrift after the show for the former reason, and not for the latter.

Goodness, poor Dominic, and all he did was present a bit of bling!

All I was saying was he was too well mannered for the harridans at Q of all sexes.

Goodness, poor Dominic, and all he did was present a bit of bling!

All I was saying was he was too well mannered for the harridans at Q of all sexes.

I'm intrigued that you find same-sex flirting "even worse" than people of the opposite sex flirting. But that has absolutely nothing to do with QVC

I'm intrigued that you find same-sex flirting "even worse" than people of the opposite sex flirting. But that has absolutely nothing to do with QVC

I took from the comment that if someone objects to the interest from someone of the same sex they may worry about being accused of being homophobic, whereas the same would not apply to unwelcome flirting from a person of the opposite sex.

Firstly work (which Q is) is not the place to be flirting anyway. And generally no one should hit on anyone who has not openly indicated that they are available.

I think most of us would be uncomfortable in front of a few workmates never mind million viewers.

When the presenters are in full flirt mode it is embarrassing.

Latest posts

Back