Charlie Dimmock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I liked Charlie too, a breath of fresh air, much more honest than Richard Jackson who just comes out with wey too many stck phrases for my liking e.g. 6 flowers this year but next year you'll get 14 thousand!
IMHO

I liked Charlie too, a breath of fresh air, much more honest than Richard Jackson who just comes out with wey too many stck phrases for my liking e.g. 6 flowers this year but next year you'll get 14 thousand!
IMHO

LOL! He does say that, doesn't he?

I'm still waiting for these gazillions of strawberries to appear that I should be currently harvesting, along with barrel loads of blueberries etc. I bought his strawberry planter years ago and, the first year we did quite well - the next year not so good. This year I think we've had one - and the local snail population enjoyed that one. I do, however, have loads of raspberries AT LAST after three years. We can't eat them quickly enough - ****** snails aren't interested in them - only strawberries, basil and lettuce. :angry:

Hi there Miss Tibbs, if your strawberry plants throw out runners try potting them up for next year as strawberry plants have a finite life span (forgive me if you've already tried this). Even commercial growers struggle with blueberries, so you aren't alone. Raspberries are great and freeeze well so there is a plus side to them. I know what you mean about slugs, I think it was Hugh Fearnley-wotsit who tried to convince all to cook them last week, that for me is taking the 'Good Life' too far though. :)

Hi there Miss Tibbs, if your strawberry plants throw out runners try potting them up for next year as strawberry plants have a finite life span (forgive me if you've already tried this). Even commercial growers struggle with blueberries, so you aren't alone. Raspberries are great and freeeze well so there is a plus side to them. I know what you mean about slugs, I think it was Hugh Fearnley-wotsit who tried to convince all to cook them last week, that for me is taking the 'Good Life' too far though. :)

Yum ! They make a great (and cheap) substitute for those enormous gautemalan prawns you see in Sainsbury's. Just skewer them, add a squeeze of lemon juice, a sprinkling of chilli powder and shove'em onto the barbeque.

Re snails - simmer lightly in a chicken stock (home-made) then serve with a pat of garlic butter and chunks of fresh warm baguette to soak up the juices (don't forget a toothpick or nut crackers).

Linda :puke::puke:

IMHO

Don't forget:
plant and stand back
mouthwatering,
new generation
grggggh! look at those roots,
gardening ? It's my job, my hobby, my passion
I'm self taught you know
I'm not short - my legs reach the ground

Linda:flower::rain::40:

I lied about the last one.

Thanks Dipper! :) Yes, my strawberry plants have thrown out loads of runners - so much so that we now have two large long deep planters either side of the original planter - there are strawberry plants all along the side of my greenhouse - just no strawberries lol! I feed them, and they are beautifully healthy - I just don't seem to get so many flowers and, those that do are promptly gobbled by the snails before I can get to them. Such a pain. I keep throwing them over the neighbours fence, but they keep finding their way back. :giggle:

I've given up on the blueberries - I've planted them in the right soil and only use water from the water butt. Ah well, they are nice looking plants.

I have had some real success stories with plants from QVC, my lavender in particular along with some hanging basket flowers which I got last summer, and are still going strong this summer!

Latest posts

Back