Centigrade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a couple of centigrade coats and would say that the sizing is a little on the small size and they have all arrived creased they are very poorly packed I think but the creases do drop out if left to hang or if you can a quick steam

:hi:Glamburglar I have a Centigrade coat which i have used for the last two winters and i still love it - i find Centigrade's sizing generous(both length and width) - size large 14-16 with a 48 inch length(ankle length for my 5ft 5in frame) but this might just be the style i've bought. Hope you find the style and fit to suit you.

I've got 3 Centipede Coats - I literally actually love them all.

One thing I would say is that sizing is quite inconsistent in the range. I've had to be very choosy about which coats I buy from them purely over this issue. I am an XS and have seen some coats start at a 37 inch chest (which is the size I would need) but have similarly seen coats in the same range in which the XS starts at 42 inch chest! Barmy!

So whatever you do make sure you check the sizing before you buy. I actually like that coat you've linked to, I was tempted myself in all honesty...

thanks Ladies, will go for it in a medium. Saw something similar in either River Island/Warehouse or TopShop and it was about £80. Can always cut the label out :wink:

thanks Ladies, will go for it in a medium. Saw something similar in either River Island/Warehouse or TopShop and it was about £80. Can always cut the label out :wink:

And if you don't like it as a coat, you could always use it as a featherbed.

Think this is what QVC have started to do with NN returns? Taken a tip off Simon Biagi and turn them into clothes? :happy:

And if you don't like it as a coat, you could always use it as a featherbed.

Think this is what QVC have started to do with NN returns? Taken a tip off Simon Biagi and turn them into clothes? :happy:

oh bollox, bet you are right, Centigrade could be a subsidiary of NN! Will let you know if there is a dodgy smell from the coat

I have never bought clothing from QVC yet, reading a lot of these threads it sounds like I am not missing much :grin: BUT - I was tempted by a coat on the Centigrade hour just really to see me through the winter.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.149159

Can anyone give me a heads-up on Centigrade and what their sizing is like? Generous? Small?

Like cavegirl said, sizes can be erratic. I had to send back 138089 cos shoulders were massive, but quality good. A faux shearling withstud details, sold out, is fab quality and fits perfectly and looks very expensive, will keep you toasty all Winter.

Generally the sight of QVC 'fashion' makes me feel quite ill but do like Centigrade. I have two coats from the range and love them both. As others have said, they do arrive heavily creased and I never found the creases magically 'drop' out as the resident fashion expert (ho ho ho) might claim, but a good steam iron and they're fine. Cavey is right on the sizing, I've seen XS described as anything from 36-42" on the chest. Both mine are extra small and one is slightly bigger than the other...and it's the same coat in two different colours...:dull:

I can't understand why they ( & not just QVC but all mail order fashion companies) do not give the actual garment measurements.It depends on the company and style as to the amount of ease they put into a garment.A size Small could have a across chest measurement of 38" in one style but 44" or more in another.At least we would be able to compare measurements with garment we aleady like the fit of and decide the size.I have unworn trousers in my wardrobe that are size X! which I can't get into & others sizeX !which drown me! Centigrade on looking at the models are on the small side?

I can't understand why they ( & not just QVC but all mail order fashion companies) do not give the actual garment measurements.

QVC do - at least they do on air and in most cases they do on the website - because different styles do vary. I never go by 'S, M, L XL' only by the size in inches. I have Centigrade pieces in XL that fit well and also a couple in 3XL that fit just as well. I have noticed that over the last couple of seasons that I've had to go up a couple of sizes to get the right measurements. Probably something to do with the recession and using less material per garment.

i have some of the shearling coats and they are lovely. always attract comment when i wear them.

also the quality is better than dennis basso and somes a third of the price.
over the years i have lost weight and given the coats away still in good condition the recipient ever gratefull lol!

Latest posts

Back