Centigrade TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
This arrived today by courier.

Not only is it awful tat, stiff material, badly cut and uncomfortable to wear, in my case it is too small.

Emailed CS asking to have it picked up as it came in a huge box too big to carry or to mail, and they are saying as it is not faulty, I have to post it. and be sure to pack it safely!

This cannot be right as a) there is a postal strike and it may take weeks before I get my money back, and b) the postage is going to cost a fortune, apart from the effort of carrying this to the post office.

They clearly could not care less about being helpful to their customers.

this is the first thing I have bought from them for months, and shall not be buying much more. maybe the smashbox and philosophy tsvs, but only things which I cannot get elsewhere.

Can you pack it in a strong bin liner, instead of the box and return it that way. Only the same as the grey plastic bags that QVC use normally - will still be costly to return though I suspect and get stuck in the post backlog. :(

I can do that Dolly Dimple, but I think they have a duty to look after their customers, as there is a postal strike and huge backlogs, and it will still be heavy to carry to the p.o. I have written again pointing this out.

Was it creased up? I've complained before about a Beth Terrell coat that was so creased it was awful! They accepted that as a fault and it was picked up by courier next day. Phone up rather than email and you'll get further.

Was it creased up? I've complained before about a Beth Terrell coat that was so creased it was awful! They accepted that as a fault and it was picked up by courier next day. Phone up rather than email and you'll get further.

yes, if it is unwearable due to its condition - creased etc - they will normally collect. Also, if the box has been damaged in transit to you.........

if it's too small, measure it and check against measurements given on website and if they aren't the same, then it was mis-sold to you so you could use that as reason for them to collect and refund. good luck x

I was initially pleased with mine, but I wore it this weekend when we went away for a couple of days, and I also felt it was too small - despite Julia saying the L measured 47" around the chest. Well my chest measures 44" and I can only just fasten the jacket, and it is too tight across the shoulders when I do. So I am afraid mine is going back too :(

I really like mine I bought the med thinking it would be too small and mine fits lovely - I'm a size 14.Its the first thing i've bought in ages and ages and even for longer for a "fashion" item.

I agree the box though is huge (although quite light?)I would do everything everyone else has said re checking measurements etc.....although even if its wrong they will still make you send it via the post office just with a prepaid label - although you won't have to pay.

good luck,hope you get it sorted

I was initially pleased with mine, but I wore it this weekend when we went away for a couple of days, and I also felt it was too small - despite Julia saying the L measured 47" around the chest. Well my chest measures 44" and I can only just fasten the jacket, and it is too tight across the shoulders when I do. So I am afraid mine is going back too :(

What a shame to be disappointed, I could be wrong but I thought Julia said to add 5ins to your bust size in coats and jackets , please don't quote me as I might well be dreaming.lol

What a shame to be disappointed, I could be wrong but I thought Julia said to add 5ins to your bust size in coats and jackets , please don't quote me as I might well be dreaming.lol

Julia also said, quite categorically, that if you were a 16 to go for the large & that the plus size model was an 18 & was wearing an XL! I am a 16 due (like Pick-a-Lily) to having a 44" chest, although I am otherwise a petite size being only 5', so will just have to see!
(Left it on cheque hold for ages whilst I ummed & aahed so haven't got it yet!)

The details are inaccessible now as it sold out of course but that is a moot point anyway as they were never mentioned on the description in the first place, hence my hesitation in ordering, although Julia is normally pretty good & accurate with her descriptions of things & her sizing advice!
Slightly worried by the suggestion of 'stiff unwieldy tat' but will have to see what it's like when it comes! lol

Kathy, you're absolutely right though, 4-5" is what one normally adds on but that was the advice given, so.........! *sigh*

I have not ordered a Centigrade coat as yet, although I have been tempted, however my daughter did order a leather jacket last year, I can't remember what size she ordered, when it arrived it was much too big and she had to send it back. I always think their coats and jackets look so well made , there was nothing wrong with the leather jacket other than it being two big.

I always think their coats and jackets look so well made .....

I really hope so Kathy & it was really only the sizing issues on reviews for various items that made me hesitate in the first place!
I do remember quite distinctly what Julia said though, as I watched the launch show carefully & ordered as soon as she gave the information I needed size wise as I knew the purple option would sell out very quickly, which of course it did!
I was annoyed to find no sizing advice on the item description but took Julia's word for which one to go for - yes, I do have a large chest but am quite little elsewhere so if it turns out to be wrong, I shall indeed complain most vociferously! lol

I really hope so Kathy & it was really only the sizing issues on reviews for various items that made me hesitate in the first place!
I do remember quite distinctly what Julia said though, as I watched the launch show carefully & ordered as soon as she gave the information I needed size wise as I knew the purple option would sell out very quickly, which of course it did!
I was annoyed to find no sizing advice on the item description but took Julia's word for which one to go for - yes, I do have a large chest but am quite little elsewhere so if it turns out to be wrong, I shall indeed complain most vociferously! lol

I have two centigrade coats and use them frequently. They are well made and the sizing is fine.

I did like the jacket, I didn't think it was 'stiff & unwieldy' at all. I would have kept it if the size had been ok. But I sent it back this morning.
Now, The returns label said it weighed 1.004 KG, and to return it by 2nd class RM. However, when I took it to the local PO, in it's original packaging, the postmistress said it was too big (in terms of dimensions of the package) to go by 1st or 2nd class post, and it had to go as a Standard Parcel. She also said it weighed half a kilo more than the label stated, which is a more than a little annoying. It cost £4.41 to return as a Standard Parcel.

No, she said that Kathy, 4 or 5 inches she decided should be added on. I presume that's why she wore medium instead of small :tongue2: I figure that much out even as a child, seem some brands make coats you aren't supposed to wear clothes under:emo:

general rule for a coat is to add 5" to your normal bust measurement....industry standard

I think QVC must be watching their pennies due to this credit crunch, as I ordered the centigrade down coat which is far too big for me and they will not send a courier to collect although a courier delivered it and it is in a big box, I would try a smaller size but I will have to pay that to be returned also if it is too small, so postage and packing will have cost me about £15, and i will still have no coat, so I will just return this one and buy one somewhere else probably cheaper. I wish I could say ' no' to buying larger items from QVC when it costs so much to return them, and you cant trust the sizing on any of QVC items.

My purple coat arrived yesterday & I'm delighted with it.
I went for the Large being a 14/16 & it fits perfectly well,maybe a tad on the big size but will be fine when wearing heavy jumpers.

Latest posts

Back