Centigrade - help please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
fake suede and fur jacket arrived yesterday, Bigmouth or somebody said wash iit first, so I have.

It is drooping in the washing mahine, machine is jammed and I cannot open the door. set it on fast spin - no way, it is far too heavy. machine is now stuck and I cannot open the door. Even if I could, the thing is just too wet to go into the dryer, so how do I get it back to QVC in its present condition.

has anyone else had this problem?

One problem I could just do without!

fake suede and fur jacket arrived yesterday, Bigmouth or somebody said wash iit first, so I have.

It is drooping in the washing mahine, machine is jammed and I cannot open the door. set it on fast spin - no way, it is far too heavy. machine is now stuck and I cannot open the door. Even if I could, the thing is just too wet to go into the dryer, so how do I get it back to QVC in its present condition.

has anyone else had this problem?

One problem I could just do without!

IF it is okay to tumble dry it - you could take it to a laundrette and put it in one of their huge dryers - otherwise you'll have to put it on a hanger somewhere (utility room/garage type place and let it drip dry - might take a while though)

Don't really understand why you washed it first? :surprised

I washed it to soften it, most uncomfortable to wear. I have now managed to get it out of the washing machine and it is totally saturated. far too wet to go in tumble dryer. at the moment it is in the garden, don't know what else to do with it! wish I could just bin it!

I have now managed to get it out of the washing machine and it is totally saturated. far too wet to go in tumble dryer. at the moment it is in the garden, don't know what else to do with it! wish I could just bin it!

Take a large bath towel and lay it on a table
Place the wet coat onto the towel, smooth it out so that it is flat.
Then roll the towel with the coat inside until you have created a sausage
Gently squeeze along the length of it so that the towel absorbs the water.
Repeat process using additional dry towels

(placing a second towel on top of the coat before rolling may also be faster)

You could try gently wringing it out but be careful that you do not crease the coat too much or it will look awful

Hopefully this will enable you to place the coat into the tumble dryer or at least it will dry out a bit quicker.

I don't own a centigrade coat so have never washed one, but I have used this process on jumpers or children's school coats when I need them to dry a bit faster as I don't have a tumble dryer.

Centigrade - please help!

Many thanks Lioness, will do that.
it is returning to QVC as soon as it is fit enough to travel!

Ruth, I know this isn't funny, but I had to laugh at the thought of you wrestling with this big, wet, inert thing...

Have you got it out of the machine yet?

centrgrade - help please!

There is a sodden furry thing in the garden at the moment! no way is it staying in the house, I have nowhere to hang it.:33:

Tried to do some washing this morning and the machine will not work. think it is probably stuffed up with faux fur! Just full of water which will not drain. managed to get my washing out which is now in the bath. waiting for electrician to come, but it will probably be Friday, as I am out all day tomorrow.
I would advise anyone who has bought one of these coats not to put it in a domestic machine!!!!!!

There is a sodden furry thing in the garden at the moment! no way is it staying in the house, I have nowhere to hang it.:33:

Oh well done! It's still rather an alarming picture.

I am not telling 'The Coat' about your garmenticide...

And you may find you have traumatised a whole generation of foxes and badgers...

If you have a front access to the filter, I would have a go and try and empty it. Use deep baking trays to catch the water as you gently open it up...otherwise you could drown with the deluge.

Let us know how you get on...and which item number it was....just so that none of us do the same!

Latest posts

Back