Centigrade Coat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Can you tell me if the coats are still 'water resistant' after washing in the machine. :rain: In your experience. Thank you kindly.

Never noticed any difference with mine Snarly although only washed once, if that helps ...

It is fab CTD and they did have it on EP few weeks ago. I have had mine a few years and there is not a break in the stitches.

It is fab CTD and they did have it on EP few weeks ago. I have had mine a few years and there is not a break in the stitches.
I have always liked it :happy: I already have a faux suede coat in that colour and another brown coat, but I like this coat in that colour only and what attracts me is that faux fur collar, it looks so soft and not "rat-tailed" as seen on many other coats. Last Christmas my other half bought me a down coat from M&S, but I took it back, because I did not like the "fur" on it.

Snarly, I've got a showerproof centigrade coat which I've washed three times and it hasn't caused any problems, still just as good as when I bought it years ago!

Tristar, my showerproof coat only took a few hours, washed it in the morning, hung it to dry and by tea-time it was ready to wear. I've a grey funnel neck coat from the range which is machine washable, much heavier and thicker material, that took a good day or so to be completely bone dry :grin:.

Got last weeks TSV today for my daughter and she loves it, it's a lot better than I expected as well. Perfect fit and quality metalwork too, I sneaked a try and it's delishedly snug. Made all the better for it being washable as well.

I have a Centigrade feather and down coat and I can tell you that it wasn't water resistant at all. On one day the rain came straight through and soaked my whole sweater. Had I not been going home to look after my grandson I could have caught pneumonia !!!

I have a Centigrade feather and down coat and I can tell you that it wasn't water resistant at all. On one day the rain came straight through and soaked my whole sweater. Had I not been going home to look after my grandson I could have caught pneumonia !!!

If you look at the website they don't all say that they are water resistant - I looked at them all specifically for this when I was considering buying the TSV.

Last edited:
Thank you GG, that's interesting because it doesn't specify that on the web site and from your experience it clearly isn't water resistant - naughty Glen.

I fancied the TSV but all the talk of it being snugly in the cold was overshadowed by the torrential downpour and flooding outside, hence the research :sun:

Latest posts

Back