Can you do it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
Could you be a QVC presenter and talk for 2 minutes on a random object?:talking:

I just tried to sell a used mug to my son, after 30 seconds I ended up just looking at him and then burst out laughing!

He didn't buy the mug - even tho I offered 4 easypay installments .......:happy:

I think you have to be suffering from chronic verbal diarrhoea and have a PhD in gobsh-te to be a Q presenter, neither of which applies to me thankfully. So, in answer to your question,no, I couldn't do it!

Try it with a product you have actually bought from Q, and try to justify to your OH/son/daughter/neighbour why you actually bought it, why you like it/ need it and will use, use and use it. You will be surprised at how much gobsh**e you are truly cabable of spouting!

Could you be a QVC presenter and talk for 2 minutes on a random object?:talking:

I just tried to sell a used mug to my son, after 30 seconds I ended up just looking at him and then burst out laughing!

He didn't buy the mug - even tho I offered 4 easypay installments .......:happy:

Haha!! Great thread!

Try it with a product you have actually bought from Q, and try to justify to your OH/son/daughter/neighbour why you actually bought it, why you like it/ need it and will use, use and use it. You will be surprised at how much gobsh**e you are truly cabable of spouting!

And you will also probably realise how much you don't need it :confused: I may try this tactic next time I am tempted to buy something!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it could work in reverse - watch the spiel about something you 'think' you need, then just get all the arguments into your head why you really don't need it!

I think I may have found a QVC antidote (would one of you nominate me for the nobel plse?)...:rock:

And don't forget to throw in words & phrases that no one understands like Anna & keep repeating other words like absolutely, incredible, jump to those phones, we have a sell out situation here etc.

Sitting down? I applied to Q to be a presenter, the contest that Craig Rowe won. I made it through three rounds. Talking about a bottle of water for 2 minutes, I actually ran out of time! Then in front of 3 people including JR, I chose to demonstrate JackLaLanne's juicer. It went well, but in my mind I kept thinking it had fewer watts than the juicer I had from Lidles! JR said, she closed her eyes while listening to me and she could listen to my voice all day long. But that was as far as it went, just as well. My illnesses flared up and I finally accepted that any work was beyond me.

Sitting down? I applied to Q to be a presenter, the contest that Craig Rowe won. I made it through three rounds. Talking about a bottle of water for 2 minutes, I actually ran out of time! Then in front of 3 people including JR, I chose to demonstrate JackLaLanne's juicer. It went well, but in my mind I kept thinking it had fewer watts than the juicer I had from Lidles! JR said, she closed her eyes while listening to me and she could listen to my voice all day long. But that was as far as it went, just as well. My illnesses flared up and I finally accepted that any work was beyond me.

Oh wow, that is soo cool, you're one of those people that go for their dreams and I love that in a person - you got quite a way then, obviously much further than I would have got! :clapping: Have to agree with Julia I love the welsh accent and could listen to it all day.

Wow!! Thats really interesting. Its awful about your ME flaring up so badly though. Take care xx

Nice one Snarly, I never stop talking and hubbie says it's mostly crap so I think I'd do well. We were watching QVC yesterday (well I was) and hubbie remarked they seem to have a standard list where items can be used, it was DIY so it was garden, caravan, patio you know the drill....Hubbie asked me if there was a script...

When I watch Create & Craft he says they could talk with their head in a bucket..he has a point.

Oh wow Snarly - I am well impressed with that! Just goes to show doesn't it? You never know who you're really talking to online. I could be Catherine Zeta Jones for all you lot know...:happy: haha!! (Can't you just see CZJ in her Eek and Kim & Co...!!!) Sorry to hear your ME has got that bad, hope you are coping ok. At least you had a go, that's more than most people!

Speckledhen - where have I seen you mention you're going to be the female Alan Sugar? Or am I going mad?! BTW, talking of Skanky Candles, how are the delectable aromas coming on your end?!! :puke:

That's what I love about this forum. One can't discern an accent, weight, gender etc. unless you choose to disclose it. Thanks to you who posted about the M.E. Because hubby couldn't accept, let alone cope with my illnesses, he left. But I now say, "He Blessed me with his absence." And I, like, so, would not enjoy being a Q presenter. I wouldn't be here now, chatting to you people. And learning new words (I had to google todger) blush. Oh yes, I have led a sheltered life. Very.

Speckledhen - where have I seen you mention you're going to be the female Alan Sugar? Or am I going mad?! BTW, talking of Skanky Candles, how are the delectable aromas coming on your end?!! :puke:

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you about our new range of super-dooper underwear called LIAHO (let it all hang out!). As for skanky candles, your love puff (eau de cabbage) is going down a storm! I am working on a set of wet dog and ear wax candles this afternoon (urghhh, just made myself feel queasy!)...

that's really exciting snarly :)

tell us all about your q experience. you can start with how (extra)small is julia?:angel:

Latest posts

Back