Can they do this ? DSR AVOIDANCE . New invoice .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used the email address on the qvcuk home page. Select the 'contact' link and there is an email addresss there. I got an autoreply email then I got another email asking me for some of the details I supplied but at least an answer.

I couldn't even do this so I phoned Customer Services and was told to use [email protected] which I just did . I was tempted to mention the new invoice but in the first instance I will see if Laurenson is right and it is all BS . Thanks everyone for your help .

To be honest it's got to the point that life is too short to put up with all this cr*p and it's a darn sight easier to shop elsewhere. :headbang:

I suppose the answer must be yes they can .
I just received an item with a new invoice which states ' the product price and delivery charges paid are refundable less a compensatory charge normally equal to the delivery charge '
This seems to me to be a way to avoid people usung the DSR to reclaim the outward postage . Any lawyers out there ?

On the old invoices, that is listed under a heading at the top left on how to return items under their 30 day mbg & there is a further bullet point beneath what you have quoted stating 'This does not affect your statutory rights', in which case they are correct as they can impose whatever terms they wish under the umbrella of their own extended return policy.

Their actual T&Cs however (which QVC are relying on nobody ever reading, hence why buyers nearly all return under the 30 day mbg & lose out on their initial p&p!) states:

Fo items you have actually tried out or played with for anything up to the 30 days allowed & then thought 'Nah, don' wan' it...':

9.2 Under our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, we will issue a full refund of the order provided that the product is returned in clean condition and in its original packaging. Your refund will consist of the price paid for the products together with the delivery charges. Products returned under the 30 Day Money–Back Guarantee will be subject to a compensatory charge (normally equal to the delivery charge). You should allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed. We will normally refund you using the same payment method that you used to purchase the products. For further information on our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee please see our returns policy at www.qvcuk.com or on QVC Active.

For items you have opened up the packaging of, peered at, inspected & thought 'Jeez, how drunk was I when I ordered that!'....:

9.4 You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, including by fax (fax number 0151 551 2870) or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting or fax confirmation report. You must take reasonable care of the product and you should return the product to us (at your own risk and cost) within 7 working days of notifying us of your cancellation. The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product). Please return the product with its original packaging. The following products are excluded from this legal right to cancel: (i) perishable products such as food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have taken out of the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) any other products that by reason of their nature cannot be returned. We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

HTH

Yes, it was me who said about the 50%. In was on their facebook page, someone complaint and QVC replied with cosmetics they had an scale of how much product would be used in a 30 day period with normal use. Not sure how scientific their sums are, as people on here mentioned the small sizes you get in a TSV.

And people say telly shopping is easier ........ I don`t think so !

Yes, it was me who said about the 50%. In was on their facebook page, someone complaint and QVC replied with cosmetics they had an scale of how much product would be used in a 30 day period with normal use. Not sure how scientific their sums are, as people on here mentioned the small sizes you get in a TSV.

I have yet to find that in their T&Cs Donna, so that is a bit naughty of them. Their T&Cs simply state:

9.3 It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer’s statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance with their terms.

Bit of a bummer (to some I guess!) but fair enough, that's what we signed up to when we ticked the 'I agree, blah blah blah' box; same as eBay & PayPal, their T&Cs are really shite but I signed up to those as well & the majority of peeps who come whining to those boards about something or other are frequently pointed in the direction of said T&Cs (that they signed up to!) & told to suck it up....harsh but true of course! There is nearly always a 'but' & a 'read the small print' aspect to these sorts of things! LOL

I don't abuse anybody's T&Cs, or try to get round them, or take the Michael in any shape or form & I would indeed be thoroughly p***ed if QVC tried to dump their 'you used more than the calcuted percentage for 30 day useage' cr*p on me & I'd damn well be doing something about that, that's simply not on to just tag some random extra bit onto the T&Cs when they're blabbing on air about using/playing with/wearing something for an entire month!

(Although yet again this has no doubt come about because a few smart alecs have been decanting a giant pot of, for example, PCMC into smaller pots & then sending back the large empty one under the 30 day mbg....thanks a bunch then to said scamming tw*ts, they're probably more than partly responsible for this at the end of the day!) :angry:

'compensatory charge' - what a scam! And how convenient that it is equal to the p&p charge! Funny I have never heard a presenter state on air that the p&p isn't refunded as this is 'compensation' for you changing your mind.

I believe its the case of if you haven't opened said item and return it immediately under DSR (or reject delivery) then you get the P&P back. Y.

You can open items and inspect then under the DSR, that's what its for, you have 7 working days , the day after delivery to notify them if you want to return under the DSR, you then get another 30 days to get the item back to them

I did mention this last week but I ordered two dresses from evererythingfivepound.com. £3.95 postage and clearly noted on the website that you could return within 14 days for a full refund plus postage. I returned them on Tuesday, Friday the money was back in my bank :eek:

If a small (compared to Q) outfit like this can be so fair and efficient....:confused:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

In that case, the presenters should stop misleading customers by saying on air that we can use things like creams for 30 days and both Catherine H and Debbie F have said that we can even send the empty pots for refunds if they don't work!!! I have heard them say try boots and shoes, out walking dogs and not just indoors and if we are not happy to send them back.
I have so far not sent any creams or bath stuff or anything like that, unless there was some damage in transit and spillage in the box, twice I was sent items with ill fitting lids and come to think of it, I think QVC charged me for P&P :eek: double :eek:

In that case, the presenters should stop misleading customers by saying on air that we can use things like creams for 30 days and both Catherine H and Debbie F have said that we can even send the empty pots for refunds if they don't work!!! I have heard them say try boots and shoes, out walking dogs and not just indoors and if we are not happy to send them back.
I have so far not sent any creams or bath stuff or anything like that, unless there was some damage in transit and spillage in the box, twice I was sent items with ill fitting lids and come to think of it, I think QVC charged me for P&P :eek: double :eek:
Here here - me thinks a training day is in order. Sounds like the small print is at odds with what is said on air.

Last edited:
i dont understand this percent argument. say you have dry thirsty skin you will go through quite a bit in thirty days, i just think it would be better if qvc scrap the 30 day mbg and lower thier prices and free postage but i think that they know people would not buy so casually. i would imagine most people cant be bothered to return unsuitable stuff. hence the hype of the mbg

It is at times like this when it would be really helpful to have someone who is a lawyer or works for trading standards on here to help.
It seems to me that Q's terms and conditions could do with being updated by the Plain English society.
It is all double dutch at the moment.
I have also heard more than one or two of the presenters say that you can basically do what you like with the item AND STILL send it back at the end of the 30MBG.
Eat the food, use the cream,shower gel ,and wear the clothes as often as you like etc.
I even heard Julian I think say on a jewelry show "wear it to that special event and then return it your friends will never know"
So HOW are we meant to know what is allowed and what not??
I am still waiting for the refund on my Cooks Essential sauce pans I returned weeks ago under their lifetime guarantee (I had had them almost 5 years BUT not a LIFETIME). There have been 4 e~mails and several phone calls but NO money back. I am going to give it another week and then start kicking up a fuss. They shouldn't say these things and then not follow through on them.

I understood it that the mbg was for you to try it out etc and being able to RETURN an item, - that's qvcs own thing so the terms of that are what they state they are - I didn't ever think it had included original p&p. Returning under DSR is classed as CANCELLING an order (you are legally allowed to open an item and inspect it to decide whether it's for you) and is a statutory right so the terms of that are what the law says they are, that being that you get the price you paid and any delivery charge refunded. The significant difference as I see it is the return / cancellation thing. If I use DSR i just email to say I'm cancelling. I've never had a problem.

I didn't even KNOW about the DSR until a few months ago. I could have bought a small house with the amount of postage I have spent on returns in the past 9 years !!!!! AND the items have always been returned the next day definitely with 7 days. I need to go back to bed with a stiff gin !!!!! (no comments, thank you!)

A lady on facebook complained she had returned some skincare(cannot remember which brand), and had it sent back to her. So that is how the genie escaped from the bottle, no one knew about.

Okay, here is the link to the thread on st.com. Oh and it was 30% of the product, sorry I thought it was 50%.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...G-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&highlight=cosmetics+returned

Thanks for putting that on Donna, just been reading through all the posts, it's appalling!

I didn't even KNOW about the DSR until a few months ago. I could have bought a small house with the amount of postage I have spent on returns in the past 9 years !!!!! AND the items have always been returned the next day definitely with 7 days. I need to go back to bed with a stiff gin !!!!! (no comments, thank you!)

I only heard about it whilst reading some of Q's customer reviews on one of the items I was going to order and I (and the person who posted the review) was shocked it had been accepted!

If I use DSR i just email to say I'm cancelling. I've never had a problem.

That's exactly what I do amn, I send an email saying that I am cancelling order number : xxxxxx, and under the terms of DSR, I expect a full refund of the purchase price, plus my original p+p.

Latest posts

Back