Butler & wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Being bombarded by the endless promo for the 20th Anniv on Q, I see there is no sign of the coloured scharofsky (in Biba Bijoux talk) chick key ring, or the rabbit ring, or the other tinksy winksy 'its so booooodiful' stuff that we get thrown at us. No, its very much the glitzy glamour 'pieces' that are modelled, so why don't we get those on Q ??? Every so often we might get the premier collection, but they are still nothing like those on the promo.

l've never been to either of Simon's shops, and would like to know, by those who've been, whether what we see on the shows can be seen on display in the shops. I tend to think that the designs we see on the tv wouldn't be upmarket enough for his clientele. Yes, he provides Strictly with their jewellery, but I've yet to see a Panda on a chain being worn !

I have never done a check as to what is on Q to the shops but having been into South Molton St. I have seen items there which could have been on Q.He must really love QVC as it opens up a whole market of people who can't make it into his London shops but believe they are getting something 'special'.I have several B&W pieces but yesterday when I saw those 'crocodile' pieces I thought ON NO! but yet were sold out in minutes! They were truly awful IMO but not to others!!

I have never done a check as to what is on Q to the shops but having been into South Molton St. I have seen items there which could have been on Q.He must really love QVC as it opens up a whole market of people who can't make it into his London shops but believe they are getting something 'special'.I have several B&W pieces but yesterday when I saw those 'crocodile' pieces I thought ON NO! but yet were sold out in minutes! They were truly awful IMO but not to others!!

Remember the one eyed croc:mysmilie_19:

I think his stuff is really tacky. When he first came on Q his jewellery was OK,but the eye ring and skull items are gross IMO to name just the ones I have seen recently.

I have been to his shop but did not take much notice, as his stuff is not to my liking, I went with friends who do like some of his stuff.

I have got many of his earlier items - in the years before the crocodiles, and the skulls and the chickens, and the rabbits, and the kittens zzzzzzzzz, in fact it was in the days when he produced beautiful (yes beautiful) CLIP ON chandelier earrings, which are now rarer than hen's teeth. (there should be a law discriminating against non-pierced ears)

s others have said, his collections might be full of Swarovski crystals, but are so tacky, and I find it hard to believe that Simon does any designing himself anymore.

I have got many of his earlier items - in the years before the crocodiles, and the skulls and the chickens, and the rabbits, and the kittens zzzzzzzzz, in fact it was in the days when he produced beautiful (yes beautiful) CLIP ON chandelier earrings, which are now rarer than hen's teeth. (there should be a law discriminating against non-pierced ears)

s others have said, his collections might be full of Swarovski crystals, but are so tacky, and I find it hard to believe that Simon does any designing himself anymore.

A lot of it is not just kitsch, but a parody of kitsch. I think there are some nice pieces within his range, but boy you have to look hard to find them. That said, I thought the dragonfly was beautiful - it would have had wider appeal if it was a little smaller though.

its count down to christmas (yawn) so we need butler and wilson for all those festivities

My DD is laughing at the crocodile ring and bangle.

Each to their own guys! I'm not keen on some of the "lower end" items but the huge tiger face pendants, the tiger snap bangle which was £210 are beautiful! Proper catwalk pieces! You just need the right occasion to wear them!

Each to their own guys! I'm not keen on some of the "lower end" items but the huge tiger face pendants, the tiger snap bangle which was £210 are beautiful! Proper catwalk pieces! You just need the right occasion to wear them!

maybe they just wear you! lol

I thought Ali wore some fantastic dresses especially a long beaded one yesterday. I don't buy the jewellery but like looking at the shows.

A lot of it is not just kitsch, but a parody of kitsch. I think there are some nice pieces within his range, but boy you have to look hard to find them. That said, I thought the dragonfly was beautiful - it would have had wider appeal if it was a little smaller though.

I have a dragonfly necklace it is very pretty and I always get comments when I wear it.

Well thank goodness for that I thought I was the only one who can`t see any redeeming features in the gaudy coloured stones and the bright yellow brass looking gold chains !! I keep hearing the word `chic` ??????? I`ve never seen any early pieces perhaps they were different or does QVC only get the lower end merchandise!!

I should imagine much of his "high end" stuff doesn't reach his shop never mind QVC, no doubt one off pieces for slebs. Probably stunning in design and execution with top quality "fabrication".

I thought Ali wore some fantastic dresses especially a long beaded one yesterday. I don't buy the jewellery but like looking at the shows.

I was just about to post about the dresses. They really have provided the WOW! factor for the shows, both on the tailors dummies and on Ali and Charlotte - the dresses were the real showstoppers - a feast for the eyes. For once, I get a sense of B&W as a force in fashion.

I think Julia was wearing a lovely top (don't know whether it was on a dress or a top) at lunchtime. Yes it showcased her assets, but it looked very flattering and dramatic. I can't imagine what QVC designer range she picked it from :mysmilie_50:

I think Julia has been particularly affected during the shows, Simon has actually been on good form - a lot pleasanter and less rude (although I must mention his masterly put down of Julia when she interrupted him - during today's earlier show).

Can I just say - don't know if Simon has indicated which designers have done all the dresses both Ali and Charlotte have been wearing, but the floral strapless one with the 50's look to it is apparently vintage Nina Ricci - I'd love to know who did the other dresses. Sometimes it's nice to admire and be amazed rather than everything in site be on sale :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back