Birkenstocks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I LOVE my Birks! I have to wear orthotics in my regular shoes and Birks are the only flip flops I can wear that don't leave my feet aching at the end of the day. Plus I'm always getitng complements on how funky my Gizehs are!

As far as I know, the Gizeh style are all narrow, the single strap ones are narrow, those with more than one strap tend to be wide. I wear both, I find the narrow more comfortable but can certainly wear the wide without any problems.

Have a look at www.footshopping.com, they have lots of info so might have a better idea of what's narrow and what's wide.

Tx

I love my Birkenstocks. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

My favourite style is the Sydney which has two straps (not as wide strap wise as the Arizona which my OH wears). I can walk anywhere and for any length of time in these and practically live in them in the summer.

There is a style out there to suit everyone IMO you just have to find it. TK Maxx usually have a good selection and you get to "try before you buy!".

I,too,am a fan.I used to wear flip flops for years,but its like walking on the pavement - and birkenstocks don't give me the hard skin,that flip flops used to.

I can walk miles and miles in my birkenstocks - but I think you have to get used to them.The first time I ever tried them on,they felt almost *weird*.

I can wear the single straps no problems,and the same with arizona.Sparta and Gizeh have definitely tested my feet and patience - but I would say they are most comfy now and my most favourite (I long for the day we get a Gizeh TSV:thinking:)

I did order some from the last show - they were a checked (cancun?) cross over style - and I almost can hear my feet wincing at having to break them in.I hope I'm pleasantly proved different.

The differing styles that I do have,have lasted me years and years.They seem to go on forever.However,I didn't buy any from QVc last year (nor anywhere else actually) and none of the TSV's have tempted me.I have been quite surprised at the price hike this year at QVc - in both birkenstocks and the P&P - so I guess this year too,I won't be looking to buy either.

I do have to say I love Nicky the birkenstock presenter.Yes,I agree she sits so badly - and she seems to be "flogging" QVc a bit more (models QVc clothes,easy pays,I'm a customer too!) - but I like her manner and knowledge.

The only negative I think about birkenstock,is I truely think they make your feet spread.When I started wearing them 5/6/7? years ago,I took a standard size 6 shoe.I also bought a size 6 in birkenstock.For the last couple of years,I now have to buy a 7 shoe in everything - but still a 6 in birkenstocks.I even once heard Kathy taylor comment that she feels her bikenstocks have made her feet wider and spread.

While I'm on my soapbox about Birkenstocks,I did order my cancuns on monday.I'm astounded for £4.45 delivery that my order status still says "in Process".I have called CS who have told me no,they haven't left the warehouse - but still expect them in 3-5 days - and what my order status is irrevelant????? Hmmmm - not sure about that comment.

I did point out to her with Easter weekend and all - it now won't be 3-5 days.Apparently I should have been told on when ordering,that because of Easter - expect them by the 29th????

Really pleased with paying £4.45................................NOT:angry:

Meant to mention too that Birkenstock have their own shop on Amazon and there are some bargains to be had if you're willing to rummage a bit. I found black matt Gizehs on there for £30 delivered. Not as cheap as I used to get them on eBay when I first discovered Birks but cheap in comparison with QVC!

Tx

I love my Gizehs! They're the only Birkis I personally like and if I could I'd wear them all year round ~ although I'm just as happy in my Emus really. There's nothing like having comfy feet and because I've never squashed them into tight, pointy, uncomfortable shoes they're the one part of me that are virtually perfect!

I am a fan and have 3 pairs of the Tahiti style. They have two narrow straps and a narrow footbed. They feel strange at first because they are moulded to give your feet the correct support but, for me anyway, after the first couple of days they feel fine. They are my shoes of choice for daytrips, like wearing slippers all day and have even spent days cycling with them on. Best of all they last for years so are great value.
Amazon specify if the footbed is medium or narrow etc. in the sizing (i.e. narrow indicated by an N next to your size).
:heart: Personally, couldn't live without them!

I used to think they were ugly and cloppy looking (cloppy like horse hooves) but having actually worn some I love them. I do not even have to break them in and usually I suffer torment wiith most new footwear. I have wide feet and a problem with my toes as a result of a spinal problem and find that I have not discomfort in Birkenstocks. Only like the plain ones tho and I get them from T K Max. This year have treated myself to a black patent pair and a white pair, grand total of £38 for the both and no p and p

I love'em too, and have a number of pairs. I have narrow feet, but they are not too wide on me, and are just sooooo comfortable. I think Scholl has been sexing up their sandals because of the competition from Birkenstock. Scholl used to be so worthy, when I was a kid, I can't believe how cute some of the styles are now.

I used to think they were ugly and cloppy looking (cloppy like horse hooves) but having actually worn some I love them. I do not even have to break them in and usually I suffer torment wiith most new footwear. I have wide feet and a problem with my toes as a result of a spinal problem and find that I have not discomfort in Birkenstocks. Only like the plain ones tho and I get them from T K Max. This year have treated myself to a black patent pair and a white pair, grand total of £38 for the both and no p and p

I went into TK Maxx today and although I didn't buy any I think I might know why they're not comfy. I'm wearing the wrong bleeping size!! I am size seven in boots, shoes and sandals but in Birkenstocks a 6. I can't believe it. And they're not even wide fit which might have explained it.

Pfft!! Now not sure whether to flog mine on fleabay and get a smaller pair or give it up as a bad job.

Latest posts

Back