Big Deal Prices 29/7/24 - 4/8/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Skinn 3 Piece Intensive Treatment Collection £64.92

FreshWipes Self Care Bundle with Body Wipes & Intimate Wipes Set of 6 £20.97 plus pist
FYI Also always worth checking out Fresh wipes direct.

It’s 20% off first orders and free post over £20 and they do sets of 5 packs of wipes for better deals…

[Not compared to QVC deal directly which may well suit others more but may be better for you if you don’t want that exact configuration - esp with first order discount! ]

(Alternatively Omnitex bath-body wipes are brilliant and work out at £2.99 for 12 wipes buying from amazon!)

Last edited:
This popped up on my FB after I posted that - spooky!

Sorry if wrong place to post but thought it may help someone!

Attachments

• F6B8D45A-7B5D-4947-BDEB-FF0A1B521FD4.jpeg
    F6B8D45A-7B5D-4947-BDEB-FF0A1B521FD4.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 0
FYI Also always worth checking out Fresh wipes direct.

It’s 20% off first orders and free post over £20 and they do sets of 5 packs of wipes for better deals…

[Not compared to QVC deal directly which may well suit others more but may be better for you if you don’t want that exact configuration - esp with first order discount! ]

(Alternatively Omnitex bath-body wipes are brilliant and work out at £2.99 for 12 wipes buying from amazon!)

Thanks for that recommendation. Those cloths look good. I've been using Nilaqua/Waterless (if you search either of those they'll pop up direct or on Amazon) on days where I either find it very difficult to get about or if the fatigue makes the effort of a shower unappealing.

I like Freshwipes and, like you, usually go direct when they send an offer or get a single pack from Amazon. I think they have the edge as they have BZK and Chlorhexidine. Both kill the bacteria on the skin that causes whiffs but Chlorhexidine is known to stay on the skin and keep killing bugs. If I'm only going a day without a shower I'll use bed wipes (Carell was recommended by my physio) that don't have anti-microbial ingredients as they're simply not needed.

I surgeon I worked with would always prescribe a bottle of Hibiscrub to his patients to be used a minimum of 5 days before a planned operation. He'd tell patients that he would not operate unless they used it as he had a 100% infection-free post-op rate. He was the only surgeon in the hospital with that score. He also recommended the pink Clinell Chlorhexidine wipes for a bed bath while recovering in hospital. I think he must have had shares in the Chlorhexidine factory :)

My niece's dermatologist recommended Hibiscrub and Clinell Chlorhexidine wipes (pink pack) to use on her chest and back acne and it has cleared up quite a bit since using them. She has to use Freshwipes when she can't get the Clinell ones. Hers is a different health board to the ones I worked for. None of the derms recommended these at mine so I assume it's personal preference and experience when it comes to prescribing.

I used to like to see the doctors prescribing off label stuff. Or even old-fashioned remedies. One otologist would frequently recommend warmed olive oil for ear problems (not the cooking stuff). He'd tell patients to put the bottle on their radiator for half an hour before using and they'd always return pleased with their treatment. Salt water gargles were always recommended over Corsodyl for oral or throat troubles by one ENT for certain problems. Corsodyl would be the second suggestion if salt water didn't get an improvement in a few days.

Back to wipes, does anyone here cut their wipes? I sometimes do if I'm just using them for pits and bits (Nilaqua do another range called Pits & bits marketed to festival-goers). My skin gets irritated if I mess around with it too much so my arms, legs and much of my body don't get the wipes treatment.

Having a shower is a joy and feels so luxurious when I have one after using wipes, though. They do a job but will never replace good old soap and water. Though I never use soap these days. I stick mostly to ABC and the Active (haha. Oh, the irony!) versions of Femfresh and Superdrug body wash.

Thanks for that recommendation. Those cloths look good. I've been using Nilaqua/Waterless (if you search either of those they'll pop up direct or on Amazon) on days where I either find it very difficult to get about or if the fatigue makes the effort of a shower unappealing.

I like Freshwipes and, like you, usually go direct when they send an offer or get a single pack from Amazon. I think they have the edge as they have BZK and Chlorhexidine. Both kill the bacteria on the skin that causes whiffs but Chlorhexidine is known to stay on the skin and keep killing bugs. If I'm only going a day without a shower I'll use bed wipes (Carell was recommended by my physio) that don't have anti-microbial ingredients as they're simply not needed.

I surgeon I worked with would always prescribe a bottle of Hibiscrub to his patients to be used a minimum of 5 days before a planned operation. He'd tell patients that he would not operate unless they used it as he had a 100% infection-free post-op rate. He was the only surgeon in the hospital with that score. He also recommended the pink Clinell Chlorhexidine wipes for a bed bath while recovering in hospital. I think he must have had shares in the Chlorhexidine factory :)

My niece's dermatologist recommended Hibiscrub and Clinell Chlorhexidine wipes (pink pack) to use on her chest and back acne and it has cleared up quite a bit since using them. She has to use Freshwipes when she can't get the Clinell ones. Hers is a different health board to the ones I worked for. None of the derms recommended these at mine so I assume it's personal preference and experience when it comes to prescribing.

I used to like to see the doctors prescribing off label stuff. Or even old-fashioned remedies. One otologist would frequently recommend warmed olive oil for ear problems (not the cooking stuff). He'd tell patients to put the bottle on their radiator for half an hour before using and they'd always return pleased with their treatment. Salt water gargles were always recommended over Corsodyl for oral or throat troubles by one ENT for certain problems. Corsodyl would be the second suggestion if salt water didn't get an improvement in a few days.

Back to wipes, does anyone here cut their wipes? I sometimes do if I'm just using them for pits and bits (Nilaqua do another range called Pits & bits marketed to festival-goers). My skin gets irritated if I mess around with it too much so my arms, legs and much of my body don't get the wipes treatment.

Having a shower is a joy and feels so luxurious when I have one after using wipes, though. They do a job but will never replace good old soap and water. Though I never use soap these days. I stick mostly to ABC and the Active (haha. Oh, the irony!) versions of Femfresh and Superdrug body wash.
Oh the days of Hibiscrub! We used it when I worked onan orthopaedic ward. And Chlorhexidine. Good stuff.
I also worked in ENT and warm salt water gargles were always recommended. Still use that myself and it works! And doesn’t stain teeth u like Corsodyl…
Sometimes the old ways are the best…

Mind you..I also remember having to phone the poisons unit at Guys hospital at 6am because a patient had drunk the hibiscrub meant for his shower…..

I think Chlorhexidine was in nearly everything long ago, including children's products like infant bath wash. Then I believe it was banned.

It's still in a lot of products as it's currently so effective. It's in Dermol 500, one of the most widely-used items in the NHS and out of it, and is often prescribed for children and babies.

So many anti-microbial are losing effectiveness due to resistance but Chlorhexidine's trick is its ability to keep working on the skin for several hours after application. Longer than other similar ingredients so it doesn't allow the bacteria time to develop resistance.

Is Triclosan what you're thinking of? Triclosan used to be in loads of products here including chopping boards. It has been banned in many items in some countries but is still allowed in small amounts in certain things here. It's currently still in Colgate Total as it's considered good to protect against gingivitis. But IIRC it's been removed from Colgate toothpastes in the US.

FreshWipes Self Care Bundle with Body Wipes & Intimate Wipes Set of 6 £20.97 plus pist

the number for the freshwipes is auto-delivery

Single is this

Skinn 3 Piece Intensive Treatment Collection £64.92 plus postage
  • 1 x Neck Amour Defining Serum (50ml) RRP £34.92 + post
  • 1 x Multi-Acid Resurfacing Pads (60 pads) RRP £36 + post
  • 1 x Age Reset Serum Intensive (50ml) RRP £55.80 + post
RRP Total £126.72 + post (based on QVC Prices)

• 1 x Neck Amour Defining Serum (50ml) RRP £34.92 + post
  • 1 x Multi-Acid Resurfacing Pads (60 pads) RRP £36 + post
  • 1 x Age Reset Serum Intensive (50ml) RRP £55.80 + post
RRP Total £126.72 + post (based on QVC Prices)
1 x Neck Amour Defining Serum (50ml) £34.92 cost £18.98
1 x Multi-Acid Resurfacing Pads (60 pads) £36 cost £19.56
1 x Age Reset Serum Intensive (50ml) £55.80 cost £30.33

RRP Total £126.72 (based on QVC Prices), cost £68.87 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW for prices.

Oh the days of Hibiscrub! We used it when I worked onan orthopaedic ward. And Chlorhexidine. Good stuff.
I also worked in ENT and warm salt water gargles were always recommended. Still use that myself and it works! And doesn’t stain teeth u like Corsodyl…
Sometimes the old ways are the best…

Mind you..I also remember having to phone the poisons unit at Guys hospital at 6am because a patient had drunk the hibiscrub meant for his shower…
There's always the one. A few drunk bleach on Trump's recommendation during Covid. Sometimes I wonder about nature doing its thing...

I'm a big fan of Chlorhexidine. It's in the Corsodyl that I used during lockdown when I used it on the dentist's (phone call) advice to help prevent an infection developing into abscess. One surgeon - the only one in the hospital with a 100% zero infection rate with his procedures - would give patients a bottle of Hibiscrub to use for 5 days before a planned procedure and would recommend Clinell pink cloths to keep the wound and surrounding area infection free.

I need to be careful with infections these days so am grateful that products like Hibi exist. Am I the only person who's disturbed that hand-washing and sanitisers seem to have dropped off the radar these days? If we all kept germs at bay by using basic hygiene there'd be fewer opportunities for microbial resistance and less need for chemicals to keep us clean.

And don't get me started on the state of hospitals these days. I'm shocked every time I have an appointment at the downright dirty conditions in some departments. The toilets are also filthy - the cleaners seem to think that squirting blue down the pan means their job is done. I know it's a crap (pardon the pun) job and that if people themselves made an effort to leave the facilities as they entered (assuming they're cleaned to start with) it would make the job a bit easier, but they know what the job is going to be so do it properly!

People are pigs. Why on earth some people can't even flush after themselves is beyond me.

I work as a cleaner in a school and not one person flushes the toilet - not even the staff. Don't parents teach their kids how to use a loo anymore? Or is it one of those "I'm keeping someone in a job" mentalities? Toilets full of poo and pee, toilet paper shredded all over the floor, used paper towels all over the floor next to the bin, pee on the floor, flooded floors I could go on . . . . .

CC

Does anyone know the reason(s) why Proto-Col, Hair Gain, Elizabeth Grant etc etc left the IW platform?

Not too hard to guess a few reasons why - have all turned up on QVC at basically twice the price or have I answered my own post? lol

Does anyone know the reason(s) why Proto-Col, Hair Gain, Elizabeth Grant etc etc left the IW platform?

Not too hard to guess a few reasons why - have all turned up on QVC at basically twice the price or have I answered my own post? lol
well the old IW before TJC bought the rights ect the companies prob see it could go pop so thought join Q & get more & they are doing well

Latest posts

Back