Best shampoo you swear by .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are so many shampoos in the market and QVC . I know each ones hair type will be different but I have felt that most of them are either dry or oily and also after few washes make no difference inspite of using the clarifying shampoo to detox .Which do you find the best .

Have tried many top brand ones and can honestly say that most aren't any better than todays in the high street shops! Yes, I do get lots of compliments and get asked what shampoo I use or what do I put on hair etc. My tip is to alternate shampoos every few weeks :mysmilie_59:

I like the Liz Earle one, however, I find that Avon Argon Oil shampoo works just as well and is a fraction of the price and no P&P. My mum swears by Philip Kingsley and her hair is like a brillo pad usually :mysmilie_17: (sorry mum, but you DID give me the awful hair gene).

CC

Oh, I will try that! Do you use a conditioner after the shampoo?

I have been using American Cream by Lush, but its a wierd one! I find that i don't need much of it and it always makes my hair feel wierd after its been applied, feels abit like i haven't used conditioner at all. Blow dries out fine though, but when i've tried using more, i find it does tend to weigh my hair down.
Trying to finish aveda shampure conditioner aswell, but even that isn't what it used to be. Guess i'm still searching for my perfect conditioner!

Aw, nicnac, just seeing your Alan Rickman pics conjures up the memories of what a great actor he was (and horrible having to say those 2 words "he was"). A brilliant man, loved watching him in everything he did, especially "Barchester Chronicles", so long ago now but still wonderful. So much missed.
I have been using American Cream by Lush, but its a wierd one! I find that i don't need much of it and it always makes my hair feel wierd after its been applied, feels abit like i haven't used conditioner at all. Blow dries out fine though, but when i've tried using more, i find it does tend to weigh my hair down.
Trying to finish aveda shampure conditioner aswell, but even that isn't what it used to be. Guess i'm still searching for my perfect conditioner!

I've taken to swapping to different brands of shampoo, as I've also come to the conclusion that your hair can get used to one brand (I used to pooh-pooh this theory, but now I think it's right). So I'm enjoying reading people's comments on different brands.

Aw, nicnac, just seeing your Alan Rickman pics conjures up the memories of what a great actor he was (and horrible having to say those 2 words "he was"). A brilliant man, loved watching him in everything he did, especially "Barchester Chronicles", so long ago now but still wonderful. So much missed.

Oh yes, Alan Rickman was the all-time most wonderfully odious Obadiah Slope. "Barchester Chronicles" is probably my favourite BBC book adaptation ever, with Donald Pleasance, Nigel Hawthorne, Geraldine McEwan and Clive Swift all playing their characters to perfection. Although it was made in the eighties it stands the test of time and I never tire of watching it. If you want something that's a joy to watch to fill a couple of miserable winter afternoons, you can usually pick up the DVDs of the whole series on Amazon for around a tenner nowadays.

I use Liz EArle most of the time. Occasionally I use MOP Basil Mint shampoo and also the Hairfix range - both to get rid of build up.

There are so many shampoos in the market and QVC . I know each ones hair type will be different but I have felt that most of them are either dry or oily and also after few washes make no difference inspite of using the clarifying shampoo to detox .Which do you find the best .

I've only used Aveda now for almost 10 years and my hair has been in such good condition, my highlights always last ages, even my hairdresser comments on it.

I use Shampure Monday-Friday (i literally have to wash my hair daily or it gets very odd) as a special treat on a Saturday I'll use Rosemary and Mint, this really relaxes me for the day and its like being at a spa and on a Sunday I use Colour Conserve (just using this once a week really does prolong my highlights... I can often go more than 6 or 7 months without needed them to be touched up, it used to be every 3/4 months before Aveda).

I do wish that Aveda hadn't changed some of their formulas, it used to be a fabulous range a few years back. I still use their handcream because it is the best one ever, and it is still the original formula. I used to love the Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner, but bought some last year and it was terrible. It was so bad that I returned it to the counter and complained, I was refunded thank goodness. I've used the Phomollient mousse for a very long time, it's changed slightly, but It's still the best mousse out there imo.

I wonder if Colour Conserve is still good? it used to be my other choice after Pure Abundance. I'm reluctant to try it and have to return with another complaint :mysmilie_493:

Tigi Bedhead Resurrection is amazing and has transformed my hair. I have also used it on my daughters hair since she was a baby and we both have lush hair (despite my regular bleaching and toning and ageing hair)

I do wish that Aveda hadn't changed some of their formulas, it used to be a fabulous range a few years back. I still use their handcream because it is the best one ever, and it is still the original formula. I used to love the Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner, but bought some last year and it was terrible. It was so bad that I returned it to the counter and complained, I was refunded thank goodness. I've used the Phomollient mousse for a very long time, it's changed slightly, but It's still the best mousse out there imo.

I wonder if Colour Conserve is still good? it used to be my other choice after Pure Abundance. I'm reluctant to try it and have to return with another complaint :mysmilie_493:

I think its still as good, if the formula has changed, i cannot tell.

Whenever I find a shampoo I love it invariably gets discontinued or the ingredients changed.I have straight fine flyaway hair so not much natural body .I don't buy expensive and I also avoid combined shampoo/conditioners.

Currently I'm using Alpecin caffeine shampoo which I inherited from my son, its meant to stimulate hair roots.I didnt like it at first but came back to it I find it has calmed my hair down a bit and doesn't seem as flyaway.im currently growing out my colour which has built up from highlights .I think that may be helping too.

Probably they will discontinue it and I will move on to something else........

Been a Wen girl since 2010 and it's still the best hair cleanser for long straight ultra fine (but lots of it) hair. I've strayed occasionally but always come back to Wen because it's so quick and is the best detangler for my hair. My hair stays clean for a week and my colour doesn't fade. When I dye my hair I throw away the conditioner that comes with the colour and use Wen instead. Never experienced hair loss, but it seems to make my hair grow quickly. Since hair has a genetically prescribed maximum length it's possible Wen users have grown their hair and seen what looks like more hair in the plug-hole after washing.

Latest posts

Back