Best shampoo you swear by .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting. I can tell immediately whether the shampoo suits my hair. For years and years I was using 3 times more conditioner than shampoo and it never struck me why until a few years ago (after switching to Tigi I mentioned above). Nowadays I use a lot less conditioner about 70% less. These days I go through the shampoo bottle faster than the conditioner. Admittedly I have stopped using over the counter bleach products and colourings and only use pro products and a very low peroxide which has also made a massive difference to my hair and better still I'm able to get everything wholesale and at a fraction of the cost. Having tried most the the QVC offerings in hair care and paying the premium, likewise with their skincare, it wasn't until I became really curious to try other brands that I finally found what suits and more importantly what doesn't. ESPA (my skincare of choice) are bringing out a haircare range 1st Feb and I'm tempted to try that but the odds it will beat what I'm currently using is slim to none lol

To answer an earlier post, L'Oreal's Everpure is SLS free and available in Boots and in supermarkets. I also tried one I've seen in Sainsbury's (Good Hair with argan oil or something similar), which was quite nice. I tried the one in the turquoise bottle, but there was a white one there with caffeine, too, I believe. I paid £2 but it's normally £4. Excellent product for th eprice.

As others have said, it seems as if whenever I find a shampoo I like, it either gets discontinued or I start to dislike it after a while!
One of my problems is that what really suits my scalp seems to result in dry hair, or else gives me a dry scalp slightly greasy hair! Due my disability I usually have to have help washing my hair, and it can only get washed every 6 or so days (I do wash my body a LOT more than that!) so it's a real balancing act.

I've been on a regimen of shampoo number one with Pantene Aqua light shampoo (it really works at leaving hair really clean and not weighed down - almost like a detox shampoo but cheap!), followed by a second shampoo with The Body Shop's ginger shampoo (supposedly for dandruff which I don't have, but suits my scalp and hair).
I finish with either the aqua light conditioner or a richer treatment of John Frieda blonde hair repair mask type product..

I've tried several sls free products but they either strip my (blonde) hair completely OR I can't get them to lather enough to actually clean! I wanted so badly to like Liz Earle's but my hair hated it! At least what I use now is a lot cheaper :)

I think its still as good, if the formula has changed, i cannot tell.

I've bought some Aveda Colour Conserve on your recommendation.
You are right, it has not changed, and my hair feels lovely today :mysmilie_504: it's so nice to come back to Aveda after all the rubbish products I've been trying.

I wonder why they have changed some items and not others? they are not doing the brand any favours by doing this, it puts people off trying things if they use something they used to like and it's now awful.

i like phiilip kingsley and the fact he formulates his shampoo/conditioner on hair texture. also love elasticiser but i have a lot of very dry hair so it suits me

I was`really in despair with my hair after Christmas,it seemed to be finer & floppier than usual then I saw the Bumble & Bumble range in Boots & bought the travel sizes of the Thickening shampoo, Conditioner & Mousse.Now my hair has some body & when I use up these sizes will probably get the full sizes especially the Mousse.

Latest posts

Back