Best anti wrinkle cream???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
:hi:Hi ladies. I need your advice. Which is the best anti wrinkle cream to use for a sensitive, combination skin. AY always seems to assume that a skin with lines has to be dry and advises not to try melatoganine.

At the tender age of 44 the lines seem to appear overnight.(not helped by years of sunbathing) I've tried Elemis PCM but for me it didn't deliver and for the price i'm reluctant to buy another pot.

Any suggestions?

The best anti wrinke product is SPF. Worn all year round. Once you have wrinkles noting but botox or a facelift will get rid of them. You face moves and that also gives you wrinkles. Sorry not what you really wanted to hear.

I will say sun damage is the cause of yours, as you said sun worshiper.
Many swear by the A'Kin rose oils under their moisturiser, its not heavy and sinks in.

The best anti wrinke product is SPF. Worn all year round. Once you have wrinkles noting but botox or a facelift will get rid of them. You face moves and that also gives you wrinkles. Sorry not what you really wanted to hear.

I will say sun damage is the cause of yours, as you said sun worshiper.
Many swear by the A'Kin rose oils under their moisturiser, its not heavy and sinks in.

I fear you're right it's amazing what damage that sun can do.:doh: Thanks for the advice about A'Kin

The only ingredient clinically proven to physically alter your face/improve wrinkles is Vitamin A/retinol (a vit A derivative). As far as I recall Rosehip oil (like A'kin's) is high in natural source Vitamin A. Neutrogena's retinol serums and night creams are highly rated but sadly not available in the UK but easily sourced on eBay. Also ROC products (from Boots) contain retinol so are worth a try. I use the Rosehip oil and love it so far, think I might have to pull out the big guns for winter though and get a retinol based eye cream to go with it. I also like Elemis eye serum although i haven't actually checked the ingredients in it yet!

Tx

Following on from the advice above how about the SPF30 anti-ageing face product form ultrasun I don't think that's heavey, has the sunscreen beenfit to help prevent future damage and an anti-ageing ingredient (apparently!) called ectoin. Why not try it on your 30day MBG.

What about something like the lotus firming serum from clientele as its a light easily absorbed serum.

Or have you tried any alpha h?

Following on from the advice above how about the SPF30 anti-ageing face product form ultrasun I don't think that's heavey, has the sunscreen beenfit to help prevent future damage and an anti-ageing ingredient (apparently!) called ectoin. Why not try it on your 30day MBG.

What about something like the lotus firming serum from clientele as its a light easily absorbed serum.

Or have you tried any alpha h?

Thanks i am going to try ultrasun. I haven't tried the lotus firming serum but it's worth a go.
As for Alpha H i've always resisted it as when the products are described on screen the products contain some ingredients that i think might irritate sensitive skin. Have you tried Alpha H?

I contacted Alpha H about my skin - which is sensitive, rosacea prone and can be dehydrated - as I have some pigmentation marks, and they suggested White Gold which I have yet to try (didn't want to use it in the Summer). The best thing to do if you are worried, is email them via their website and they will come back to you within 24-48 hrs.

I don't use an anti-wrinkle cream so can't recommend one of those. I use SPF daily (even when indoors), A'kin Cellular Radiance Serum and A'kin moisturisers (although I do alternate with a Korres one from time to time).

I contacted Alpha H about my skin - which is sensitive, rosacea prone and can be dehydrated - as I have some pigmentation marks, and they suggested White Gold which I have yet to try (didn't want to use it in the Summer). The best thing to do if you are worried, is email them via their website and they will come back to you within 24-48 hrs.

I don't use an anti-wrinkle cream so can't recommend one of those. I use SPF daily (even when indoors), A'kin Cellular Radiance Serum and A'kin moisturisers (although I do alternate with a Korres one from time to time).

Oh yes the alpha h website is good and they will send samples all the way from Oz too :)

Thanks i am going to try ultrasun. I haven't tried the lotus firming serum but it's worth a go.
As for Alpha H i've always resisted it as when the products are described on screen the products contain some ingredients that i think might irritate sensitive skin. Have you tried Alpha H?

Hello
I can't use alpha h apart form hte micro cleanse which I like and the eye complex is one of the few eye products I cna use without tearing or soreness.

I can't used the liquid harmony or gold or really any of the glycolic products.

My mum thiks alpha h is fab though - she can get ezcema (sp?) on her face but has no trouble with this but I wouldn't say she has a reactive skin like mine.

I have to say that I've found the best way to deal those annoying wrinkles is a liberal application of Polyfilla. Obviously you need to let it dry fully before applying your foundation of choice...we don't want that "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" look, do we girls?

I'm going to get onto the Alpha H website and have a look. Thanks cupcake and Lady Tia for your advice.

Here is a link to the ultrasun SPF30 duo on QVC

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.225994

It does have really good reviews. I wouldn't use this at this time of year as I use an SPF 26 mineral foundation but I plan to give it a go from March next year or earlier of course if I venture into more sunny climbs.

I have tried it - ultrasun sent me a 15ml tube to try - try emailing them for a free sample? they last for ages.

It feels a bit thick when it goes on but does sink in well although I wouldn't use anything over it as I cna't tolerate very rich products on my skin as its not really dry.

Good luck

I have to say that I've found the best way to deal those annoying wrinkles is a liberal application of Polyfilla. Obviously you need to let it dry fully before applying your foundation of choice...we don't want that "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" look, do we girls?

And it's not £100 a tube:giggle:.

I have been using White Gold for about a year on a couple of brown sun splodges on my face. I can honestly report that it has made absolutely no difference whatsoever!

:D:D

another top tip........get a man in yer life with failing eyesight,mine cannot see any of me wrinkles and reckons I look better than Kate Moss!!

Blurred vision=soft focus:cool2:

I reccommend Boots own one,Protect and Perfect, about £2o,,they do 2 one is a Serum, and there is the other a cream, in a pot,they are both reasonably priced and do work, there was a stampeed for them last year, you couldnt get them,

:D:D

another top tip........get a man in yer life with failing eyesight,mine cannot see any of me wrinkles and reckons I look better than Kate Moss!!

Blurred vision=soft focus:cool2:

The perfect man!! fancy going on wife swap :grin:

Why not try one of the oils such as decleor as they are one of the few things I have found made a daily difference in plumping and hydrating? I also swear by Philosophy Hope in Tube for the eyes. Nothing else I have ever used has the same instant result.

Know it's boring but really you also need to hydrate from the inside so plenty of water drinking!

AY once commented (whilst presenting an ultrasun product) that if you want anti ageing the only thing to use ,was a sunscreen under your foundation.End Of.

That puts all her other claims and fabulous brands into perspective then!

Thanks to you all for your recommendations, Looks like i should have started using SPF a long time ago:blush: Oh well off to drink lots of water to plump out those wrinkles.

Latest posts

Back