Belgian Biscuits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
I can not believe the price of these biscuits £30 with P&P for less than a Kilo of biscuits and they sold out. What a rip off. Give me Cadbury's any day and far cheaper too.

They are lovely biscuits, but they are those really thin ones...the sort you need to eat about 10 of to have any impact! Horribly expensive. I switched off as I got sick of seeing Ann shovelling them into her gob!

If you want really good quality, continental biscuits -try Lidl! They are excellent quality and not even a fraction of a fraction of the price!

It depends on what you like, if you are housebound etc etc etc.

My mum is housebound so loves to buy things like these for the family, that way she doesn't have to depend on family for every little detail of shopping.

YES they are expensive, YES I would trail round the shops for her BUT she has the money and wants her independence, so why not?

If you want really good quality, continental biscuits -try Lidl! They are excellent quality and not even a fraction of a fraction of the price!

And Aldi too. In fact you can get some really nice things in both stores which are a tad different to the usual Christmas munch at a more reasonable price.

I went this afternoon actually and I now have a huge Stollen, a big chocolate Pannetone, Continental Dark Chocolate Gingerbread and Choc Covered Waffles and huge box of Belgian Chocolate biscuits.

Total cost was about £9!

Mind you, I must admit, I do most of my shopping there now. The majority of their stuff is brilliant quality.

I went this afternoon actually and I now have a huge Stollen, a big chocolate Pannetone, Continental Dark Chocolate Gingerbread and Choc Covered Waffles and huge box of Belgian Chocolate biscuits.

Total cost was about £9!

Mind you, I must admit, I do most of my shopping there now. The majority of their stuff is brilliant quality.
I go to Aldi and Lidl a lot and they have some fantastic bargains in the food department and excellent quality too. Aldi got a really good write up in the Sunday Times this week some of the food was voted the best out of some top supermarkets.

It depends on what you like, if you are housebound etc etc etc.

My mum is housebound so loves to buy things like these for the family, that way she doesn't have to depend on family for every little detail of shopping.

YES they are expensive, YES I would trail round the shops for her BUT she has the money and wants her independence, so why not?

I fully understand how your mum feels. However helpful family are it just is so nice to be able to buy things independently sometimes and to be able to surprise people.

I do wish I had a choice of Supermarkets near me. My nearest is Waitrose and I really like it there but a get so little for a great deal of money. My shopping bill is frightening!

I am belgian and know my chocolate and cookies lol
Destroopere are good quality cookies, but they sell at 50p-£1 a box or so
10 boxes at £32 incl pp is a total rip off!!!!!!! This is really disgusting
I should make a business whenever i travel to belgium: i load my car full of cookies and destroopere and sell them here with a minimal profit

I should make a business whenever i travel to belgium: i load my car full of cookies and destroopere and sell them here with a minimal profit

Yes please! let me know when you're going!

Another thumbs up for Aldi chocolate - they do boxes of belgian chocs for a fraction of the price of other shops and there is no difference in the taste, in fact it's often better. This time of year they also sell lovely german biscuits as well as stollen of course.

I love Aldi and Lidl chocs and biccies, The Germans are good at that sort of thing, yum....Those biccies on QVC, crazily expensive, much rather aldi/lidl ones or foxes luxury collection is just the best :32:

I'm lucky!
'Proper' chocolate makes my throat itch, then I start coughing and my eyes begin watering, so I don't really bother with it.:D

Hi Tia, Do you celebrate your Christmas throughout Christmas Eve into the early hours? Don't know where you Continentals get your stamina from....:rolleyes::)

Hi Tia, Do you celebrate your Christmas throughout Christmas Eve into the early hours? Don't know where you Continentals get your stamina from....:rolleyes::)

Hi Calico, indeed.... we Christmas celebrations are a big big thing:CANCAN:
We start around 6pm, family is gathering, dinner (5 courses) between 8pm -11 pm, from midnight onwards the gifts are opened one by one, which lastst till 2 am.
Then we have midnight snacks, hors d'oeuvres.... we usually go to bed around 4/5 am.
Next morning we have a brunch with croissants....etc and around 3 pm we have a christmas dinner with all the trimmings.
Everybody (around 15-20 ppl) leave around 6pm in the evening, fully satisfied.
Average weight gain over 2 days; 3kg lol

I saw these biscuits in Tesco yesterday (the thin butter biscuit ones) at £1.09 per box. My eyes almost popped out of my head yesterday when I saw the price of them on QVC - shameful!

I saw these biscuits in Tesco yesterday (the thin butter biscuit ones) at £1.09 per box. My eyes almost popped out of my head yesterday when I saw the price of them on QVC - shameful!

Me too!! Like Woodster i was shocked when i saw the prices QVC were charging - looks like a total ripoff but i may not be comparing like for like?
That said i must agree with Yazrose re shopping telly giving housebound people independence - if it makes someone feel good/useful then more power to their elbow(i just wish they could get a good bargain tooxx) Linda

they looked delicious but I wouldn't want to eat them at that price

plus it looks cheaper to buy them direct from belgium!!

Latest posts

Back