Beauty Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I am enjoying the beauty weekend and listening to the things being said about the various products. However as I'm a woman of nearly 60 I find that my face looks better with a touch of concealer here and there rather than a full face of foundation and this appears to be the case with the models on the shows today. All of the more mature models look so much better and younger in the before photos. Anyone else think foundation ages the look of your skin?

depends on your skin type and the type of foundation. and how you apply it and if you use a primer and yet again the right primer for your skin

yep - boring day and another one tomorrow. Yawn.

Sorry Catseye - I know you were asking for views on foundation/concealer - can't help as I only wear foundation now and then.

Boring McBoring Boring. Not even bothered about watching any of it.

I do wear foundation, but not heavy you get the right one for your skin and no problems. Don't go near powder foundation at any cost.

Excuse me I'm just doing a little tap dance in my wellies along thread I'm that bored!!

In truth been bored for a long time even Nov& Dec TSV very poor
Don't even watch the TSV , pop online look at the line up and swiftly close down page

Foundation wise , I tend to be barefaced, or little powder or tinted moisturiser on a daily basis. Only if I'm going out somewhere special do I up the game ,, to be truthful I've spent last year or so retraining myself on applications & products.

Last edited:
I am using the Bare Minerals BarePro foundation with the brush.It has a good cover but not heavy looking, if I need more cover in certain areas I stipple with the brush.Also use a tinted powder & if I feel it looks a bit caked with powder use a couple drops of Decleor Hydra Floral Hydrating Active Lotion rubbed over the palms & then patted over the face.I think it sets makeup & gives a sheen to the skin.Don’t know of Decleor recommend this use!

I use Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat on a couple of pigmentation marks. Since using PCMC and Decleor Neroli oil my skin has improved such a lot. I am 70 in November and my skin is better than it has ever been.

What a Boring weekend!:mysmilie_10: I suppose it could be worse it could be 'Gardening with the Gnome'

I use the BarePro compact & brush too. Find I can get a really light, natural just using a little. Heavy foundations that come in a tube don’t work for me at all, mind you they never did really as I have very pale skin & most turn yellowish

The IT cosmetics demos have to be the winners of most cakey make up. The product pushers are always blathering on in their loud robotic voices about using their tiny little tubes of concealer all over your face as a foundation. When they show it on the models the old birds look like Miss Haversham, the darker skinned women look like they're audtioning for Britain's Got Open Pores!, and the others look doll-like and unnatural. All looked much better before they were "improved".

I will put my hand and say I have a wardrobe of foundations.

By Terry Denisless(sp) with a Beauty Blender, love the Shiseido Future FX(got that on sale at £20), Guerlain Parure Lum(sp). I get bored and swap about. But my holy grail face powder is By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder, its white and the finest thing ever. Just gives your skin a very light dusting and does not have matt look. I have been asked if I am wearing foundation quite a few times. I never have to retouch. Oh primer Cover FX anti-aging one is great. There are different primers for different skin types and needs. So one that is for pores with be more for oily skin ususally.

I don't wear make up every day. Don't like a tinted moisturizer as I want to use my own skin care and it will be too greasy, well that is what I think putting moisturizer on top of moisturizer. Also as I have slight redness on my cheek on one side of my face does not give the coverage I want.

I do think it is all about application, I know I have been made up at counters and they are too heavy-handed applying for my taste. Strangely I actually dislike the feeling of foundation and powder on my face it has to feel like nothing there weightless.

I am using the Bare Minerals BarePro foundation with the brush.It has a good cover but not heavy looking, if I need more cover in certain areas I stipple with the brush.Also use a tinted powder & if I feel it looks a bit caked with powder use a couple drops of Decleor Hydra Floral Hydrating Active Lotion rubbed over the palms & then patted over the face.I think it sets makeup & gives a sheen to the skin.Don’t know of Decleor recommend this use!

Now I have tried bare minerals and found I had to use a lot to get coverage over the two pigmentation marks I have. I found their concealer was not up to the job .

You will all be pleased to know that Ali Young has lots of caffeine in her system for you as she's doing the 9am hour. She also mentioned Sarah Chapman's link to Meghan Markle before my watch even showed 9am.

How many neck creams are there? Every timeI switch on there seems to be another, just had the great (thinks she is) Abbi C.I have used up my Q budget as got some JW products the other week so not interested in yet another miracle foundation, wonderskin product etc.

You will all be pleased to know that Ali Young has lots of caffeine in her system for you as she's doing the 9am hour. She also mentioned Sarah Chapman's link to Meghan Markle before my watch even showed 9am.

Don’t think the MM mention will be appreciated, yes it’s been all over the papers but mentioning to flog a range on Q? Not sure!

How many neck creams are there? Every time switch on there seems to be another, just had the great (thinks she is) Abbi C.I have used up my Q budget as got some JW products the other week so not interested in yet another miracle foundation, wonderskin product etc.

I got a sample of the new Emma Hardie neck cream, you can actually feel it tightening when you apply it. BUT, at £65 too expensive, her face creams are only in the £40 range. I will still stick to M&S Formla one, bought a pile of them last year at £3.50 when they where changing the packaging. Think its now £13.50? A pump lasts me for months.

[mum writes]

I personally have quite enjoyed the weekend, although there is a lot of it I haven't watched, but it has made a change to see some new ranges and products. Even though I'm not a sun worshipper, I've recently developed red patches on my face and have been interested in the organic and vegan products. I haven't bought an awful lot, only a couple of bits, but I do agree with the OPs comments on foundation. I need one that covers, but it has to be very light. It's a difficult task to get the right product, especially when trying to work out which colour is best from the useless information and photos you get to see. I've always worn light makeup, especially mascara, but it has been toned down over the years as I have got older. I'm now 75 (almost) and told that I have good skin, having looked after it over the years.

I'd rather spend the weekend with the Cold Shoulder Queen than The Gnome! I think we're due a weekend with him soon though, so I'll be off to watch the paint peel - it's more exciting.

Don’t have much love for RJ but if I had to choose 2 days of plants over 2 days of plonkers the plants win.

Not everyone has access to stores with large cosmetic counters who will give samples (my local Boots certainly won’t) so REASONABLY priced sample sets might interest me but otherwise I’m out.

Latest posts

Back