Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This looks like an interesting find! I am not on Ideal World and have never heard of Mr. ALexander but I do have to go near an Argos on Friday so may treat myself. Have checked and it is in stock. I never have much luck with one shade suits all but what the heck!!!!

This is a brilliant foundation, Jerome Alexander (same as Mineral Magic) done the make-up for the XFactor. I personally wouldn't use anything else, hope you like it.

I must've been sold a couple of dud B&Bs a couple of years ago when I shopped with QVC, because mine wasn't a cream, it was absolutely 100% a powder, definitely without a shadow of a doubt, a powder. A powder in the compact, and a powder out if it when the talc dropped on my clothes and in the compact, yes it was indeed a powder, no cream, a powder...........did I mention it was a powder?! :mysmilie_13:

This looks like an interesting find! I am not on Ideal World and have never heard of Mr. ALexander but I do have to go near an Argos on Friday so may treat myself. Have checked and it is in stock. I never have much luck with one shade suits all but what the heck!!!!
It’s also sold in Boots I think. IW sometimes do a special deal 32 g. I bought it in Boots about a year ago and can say that it’s not for Porcelain LG users, it’s closer in shade to Fair.

Funnily enough I always use face powder on top of any foundation so I am not as powder-averse as many!! LOL. I agree though that a 100% powder foundation would be awful. I am deffo going to Argos and if I am not a fan I shall just use it for quick trips to the shop etc rather than a big night out! I can always tone it down or bronzer it up with some product I have lurking around.

It’s also sold in Boots I think. IW sometimes do a special deal 32 g. I bought it in Boots about a year ago and can say that it’s not for Porcelain LG users, it’s closer in shade to Fair.

Yes I'd say it's more fair to medium as it states on IW, the deep always sells out first although I'm lucky because I'm fair to medium (sometimes called original) it is quite forgiving though.

Thanks for that, Marina. Boots do the one with the brush I see. I doubt my local one sells it, as we have two in one DHS rather than one big one. I am glad you say it is is Fair as I am using that at the moment and can go up to Medium. Shall now go and put Boots on Friday's shopping list to see if they sell it in-store. A little beauty project, lovely.

I’ve used my supersize B&B this morning and it seemed more powdery than ever. Am I the only one to think this?

I haven't got the big one but my last regular sized one is really powdery - it gets everywhere, which is the reason I didn't like Bare Minerals.

Yes I had terrible trouble with bare minerals. I got sent a Medium (I think) sample with a TSV. It was too deep so I looked as if I was coated in bronzer, not foundation so I had to take it off straight away. Then when I looked down at my clothes it was everywhere! And I thought I was being very careful.

Last edited:
Ou
Yeah, but I get it from Ideal World. It used to be Jerome Alexander's but changed to Magic Minerals. On Ideal World you get good value sets with the stubby brushes, mascara and blusher.

Just adding they've sold out of the set now, when they do and I'm running out I buy this http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/mineral-magic-3-in-1-self-correcting-mineral-powder-10g-professional-stubby-brush-364542?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Magic%20minerals

That was the guy that was really rough with the models faces wasn't it? He was a big guy and had a gruff voice

Wayne Goss the Youtube beauty vlogger has done a good review of LG balance & brighten a few weeks ago and he is really praising it.

This is a brilliant compact foundation. It goes on as a cream and then gives a matt finish. No mess and so easy. Plus when they have their 3 for 2 offers or when you`re given a £5 off voucher at the till, it works out a really good price. The sponge applicator is underneath the pan and you can apply it with your eyes closed.
http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Compact-Foundation_1273491/

I agree this is a lovely foundation & great value but I wish they did more shades. I was tested with their thingy & was recommended Calico as it's the palest so bought this foundation but it still looks too dark & a bit greyish rather than tangoed for some odd reason.

My big B&B has arrived & it's a great mix of swirls, not too many beige bits.

I had to send mine back and shall be waiting for Tarte tsv in June as I need something with good coverage.

Is the Elemis oil a replacement for Bliss capsules? I hope not as I find these good as I don't have to worry about quantity. Also they are great for travel - I just put a few in a small ploy.

Latest posts

Back