Beauty Day/Mally TSV 28/4/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tempted by the TSV but not sure about the under eye primer , i think on some of the models it looks "sparkly" and shiny, i hate any makeup like that ,the barbie doll look is never good lol, anyone had this product before?

I had a smashbox under eye brightener in a TSV back in 2008. It was ok but I remember it was a little 'sparkly' and I think it was because it had light reflective pigments in. I don't like sparkle or glitter in make up either so I will wait and see.

I thought that it was an imitation of YSL Touché Éclat and that's not sparkly.

Bobbi Brown does the best one, no sparkle. Now in new packaging and different shades to suit different shades of darkness.

Wonder how the Mally one will look on older skin??? They never show that.

How old do you mean Donna? I am not so in love with Mally stuff to have a blind allegiance, so if 40 is old enough and it's pants I will post and say so.

They moan about her on the community board in the US site too. On mute or volume down to 1.

I am buying nothing today, nothing of interest for me on today. Also doing a perfume event by Diptyque in SpaceNK on Thursday, the lady is doing profiling which should be interesting and fun.

Miss Ally is such a groupie. I've noticed with Allison, how she speaks to (respects) certain ppl and not to others like Andrew (the Gat guy). She has a major insecurity complex. She likes to put ppl down to make herself feel better.

I have had a really good couple of days with Q.I am a nut for all things rose- and I got my 3 fave Yankee large jar candles True Rose, Fresh cut roses and Christmas Rose.Q was cheaper by far (I checked) and just adore all of those scents. Today I got my Mally TSVand the L'Occitane 500 ml quattre reines shower gel and rose petal handcream duo.I shopped around and my fave L'Occitane smell ever could not be bought cheaper in that size anywhere else. I didn't check ebay though. So I amin Weathergirl heaven! But that is everything. Easy pays helpful too.

I noticed boots now sell Yankee candles - so no pp to pay which is what makes qvc so dear, and you could use your advantage card points.

Just checked and so they do. May be worth waiting for a promotion though as just the one large jar was 19.99 so that would be £60 for the 3 I paid £39.75 plus postage so even with postage still a lot cheaper. Plus I don't have to carry them round the shops! The christmas rose is especially gorgeous.

Ooh they have emailed to say Mally TSV and candles now shipped.

Cracker post on QVC FB page yesterday.

A woman started a thread about the TSV. She thought it was about to sell out and then felt rushed into buying it. She was blaming the presenter for pressurizing her and then it went into advanced orders, and she felt cheated by the presenter. So she was going to send it back under DSR. People told her she could cancel the order online if she was within the time frame.

Alison Keenan, you bad woman!!!! How could you pressurize her into buying and they announce advanced orders.:grin:

Weathergirl, I mean women older than in their 40s. Mally never uses older models usually, Amica was on at one point but the other models all looked in their 20s.

The brightener was being patted on the younger models, so what is it like close up on say someone in their 40s upwards???? Mally was talking about the older celebs she does etc but never did a demo of it on an older model.

True Donna. All I can say is that on my skin Mally is fine but I have skin that behaves itself aslong as I use a decent cleanser and a moisturiser that is rich enough. I have a few of Mally's foundations but I think an older skin or a more "problem" skin may struggle to find a foundation that suits. There should be a blush and eyeshadow stick to suit everyone though. The face defender liquid blush from the "fierce face in 5" TSV is matt and very light and subtle. I love it but can't seem to get it anymore.

Cracker post on QVC FB page yesterday.

A woman started a thread about the TSV. She thought it was about to sell out and then felt rushed into buying it. She was blaming the presenter for pressurizing her and then it went into advanced orders, and she felt cheated by the presenter. So she was going to send it back under DSR. People told her she could cancel the order online if she was within the time frame.

Alison Keenan, you bad woman!!!! How could you pressurize her into buying and they announce advanced orders.:grin:[/QUOTE

It will still cost her ££££££ for return postage.

I like Mally and I'm no spring chicken. Mine has been shipped today as well. The Facebook comment. I felt for that lady. I have ordered too quickly on beauty day then only to find when someone tips you off that something is cheaper elsewhere. I looked at my account which was still in process yet when I phoned they would not let me cancel. It's a lesson learned but their is often the assumption that you have to get in quick when in reality sometimes that is not always the case.

Hermes man has my TSV so am sitting here with no make up on waiting for it. Gotan impromptu day off work today (leave) kids in nursery so need to do a bit of housework and chill out as I don't get days like this very often.

woohoo mines arrived ... and I actually love the bag ... it is usable as a cross body bag rather thanjust yet another makeup bag...

now to try the actual makeup ....

Mine arrived too. The only thing I did not try yet is the mascara as I am not due to chuck my existing one out until the end of June.

Bag- ok smells a bit fishy! lol I didn't get it for the bag anyway.

Primer- already use and will need to open this one in about a month.

I used my existing mally foundation and LG eye spackle. Then I applied antique taupe eyeshadow stick. I like it and will use it but the colour is different to my usual Taupe which I prefer and wear daily. Antique is more a Mauve and thankfully is not too purple. I think JR would like this colour.

Black Violet eyeliner. Really like it as it is a subltle black like my gunmetal one. Not too harsh. I already use this liner so knew I would like it subject to the colour.

I used the brow pen next and love it. Applies easily and looks great. Whether it will permanently replace my trusty Avon one remains to be seen, as Avon have discontinued my old pencil and replaced it with a Glimmerstick for brows.

Next I applied the under eye brightener- well it's ok but I can't see a difference TBH!

I then applied my usual Mally mascara and Mally face defender blush from an old TSV. After a gentle dabbing of Evercolour poreless face defender (another that I have used for ages) I applied the lipgloss- it's exactly the same as the Raspberry one from the last TSV but with a different name. I liked that one so much I got another off ebay which I keep in my bag.

Overall verdict- a keeper. The under eye brightener is the only pointless product in this kit for me.

Thanks for the review WG, much appreciated! You know how I said I wasn't going to buy this tsv? :angel: Well I may have gone for an advanced order, :cheeky: to give myself a breathing space to decide whether I should cancel or not! I know I know, I AM WEAK! :blush:

Jude xx :wink: :mysmilie_845:

You are welcome Jude! lol- advanced orders doesn't count.. does it?

Still even though I have bought (and returned!) a fair bit from Q this year I can confirm that I am on track for my 2 TSV limit and the Mally set was my first TSV - (that I have kept...)

That means I have one more for this year and I know it won't be the Emma Hardie one this time. A Judith Williams perhaps or another Mally? Heard mention of another super sunday in July so hope there won't be anything on that to tempt me.

If it's super Sunday with more than one TSV then they really only count as one, I'm pretty sure!

Jude xx

Can I ask about the eyeshadow stick. Is it at all bronzey? As I saw it described as bronze taupe? Or is it a cool taupe? I can only wear cool colours anything with a hint of warm like orange in bronze looks awful on me.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back