Beauty Day/Bare Escentuals TSV - 18/07/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AY did eventually make a sort of statement regarding the sizes. I think it was on the 9pm showing. She was pointing out that 2g is the 'normal' full size but that there is a super-duper professional size of 9g available. She didn't really admit that 'normal' size to QVC viewers and purchasers would be the 9g. But obviously they had been pulled up about it - or maybe they read this thread!

Yes precisely! 2g may be 'normal' full size to BE for foundation but it certainly isn't what most people would class as full size, 8 or 9g being the usual!

Credit to JR though, who did at least go through all the bags on her show & show us exactly what the insides were like & how they stacked together inside etc. She may be a mardy flouncy diva but she's very thorough & informative, bless her!

I was travelling home yesterday - from hols - knew that the TSV was BE which I use and so does my daughter. I only hade a very quick chance to hear what was in it and I bought three - one for me, one for daughter and one as a 21st present for daufhter's friend who she rooms with.

I am so pi**ed off with myself - I thought 9g was the 'fullsize' and the foundation is really why I ordered - especially for me. Iwould not have got one for me had I realised it was 2g pots they were showing.

I feel this is mis representaion.

AY did eventually make a sort of statement regarding the sizes. I think it was on the 9pm showing. She was pointing out that 2g is the 'normal' full size but that there is a super-duper professional size of 9g available. She didn't really admit that 'normal' size to QVC viewers and purchasers would be the 9g. But obviously they had been pulled up about it - or maybe they read this thread!

This just adds insult to injury as AY and QVC know full well that the 9g size is the normal purchase size sold by most outlets and is not classed as a professional size. Try shopping for the 2g size and it's invariably just included in kits, not sold alone which it would be if it was the regular size .

If I had bought the TSV based on being told it included full size foundations, I would want QVC to pay the P and P to send it back. The sales pitch was a straight forward con as they never said to the viewer these 2 foundations, together, are worth about £11 but presenters kept going on about the value of the two eyeshadows in the kit. Appalling deception!

I priced it up on ebay and if you but them seperately with p and p not including the bag, QVC is cheaper, coz of all the additional postage. I don't think its cheap but overall i think its reasonable, but no great bargain.

Hi, How did they stack together? I missed Julias show.

In all probablility, mine will probably stack together on the top shelf of my wardrobe where I stash all the other lovely things that I order and just never quite get around to using!! :tongue2::doh:

:sweat: I think I need to join the addicts thread! :thinking2:

I feel as cross as the rest of you on the 'full size' claims. I was already to jump to the phones when I heard there were 2 full sized foundations in the TSV, but the price sounded a bit too good to be true and 2g didn't sound like it was very much. Fortunately I decided to hold fire and go upstairs to check what the one in my bathroom said - and realised we were being mislead. I think if anyone bought the TSV thinking there would be 2 9g pots would have every right to claim a full refund and get QVC to pay for the return postage.

I have just phoned CS and made a complaint over the misleading info given on the foundation sizes. Please do the same if you feel you were mis lead

i just received the tsv. the bag is bigger than expected and fantastic!! i cannot imagine how fab bag no2 will be!!!

the bag includes two soft plastic stackable trays with a total of 16 divided spaces that can contain each a big-ish pot or two smaller, when placed horizontally. many more, if placed vertically.

I have just phoned CS and made a complaint over the misleading info given on the foundation sizes. Please do the same if you feel you were mis lead

am i the only one who associates 2g with full size?

i just received the tsv. the bag is bigger than expected and fantastic!! i cannot imagine how fab bag no2 will be!!!

the bag includes two soft plastic stackable trays with a total of 16 divided spaces that can contain each a big-ish pot or two smaller, when placed horizontally. many more, if placed vertically.

corrigendum!!!

one tray has 15 compartments for small eyeshadow pots.
second tray has 8 compartments for big pots. i was able to fit a 15g pot in one.

I got mine this afternoon and I really like it. I was happy it was a smaller pot of foundation as this is perfect for travels (although I do agree that AY misled viewers greatly, but I did know this was the smaller size and it didnt put me off ordering).
I agree the bag is much bigger, and I like it, it has space for your brushes and I like the stacking trays. I'll fit loads in here, and I belive (I will try it out later) that it will also fit my Smashbox Ultimate Pallette in perfectly!

I got mine this afternoon and I really like it. I was happy it was a smaller pot of foundation as this is perfect for travels (although I do agree that AY misled viewers greatly, but I did know this was the smaller size and it didnt put me off ordering).
I agree the bag is much bigger, and I like it, it has space for your brushes and I like the stacking trays. I'll fit loads in here, and I belive (I will try it out later) that it will also fit my Smashbox Ultimate Pallette in perfectly!

i would think so! glad you liked it, too! i am surprised the presentation did not focus more on the bag; it is a great selling point and one would expect to pay the tsv price just for the bag (i've been looking to buy a BE case and they are rather expensive). bag no2 looked twice as big, so i can't wait really!! xx

So glad that you are pleased with the TSV. I 'm just sorry that QVC did not describe the fdns as travel size - that is what they seem to be and at least I'd have realised - me and a lot of others - what we were getting.

The two I bought as gifts arrived today. My one hasn't and that one will go back. I had already promised the two gifts. I had ordered those on AD for daughter and her housemate. I have cancelled the AD bit. They know no different re the sizes and so i am sure they will be very happy.

I have again spoken to TSV who told me that the buyers have been instructed to tell people that the 2g size is the norm. I have given them 24 hours to get a manager to call me or I go to trading standards.

I was not aware that anything other than what I have ordered from QVC in the pas - 9g - is the norm. They should at least apologise, and they should change the details on their website on the individual fdn to say that 9g is more than full size.

I like the bag, not sure if i prefer my black BE make up roll which came with a tsv yonks ago tho!

I've been looking at it again today, and regardless of the foundation size issues, I still think its good value for money. There are nine pieces including the bag, so even with the postage added on it works out to £5.88 per item. I'm happy paying that for a 2g foundation they last yonks.

a couple of questions about auto delivery...

Can any one tell me when the next AD set from this TSV will be sent out?

Also, do each AD set include 2 x Foundations as per the original set?

tia

Jude xxx

Latest posts

Back