Beauty brands which have come and gone...and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How could I forget the beloved Lazartigue,I loved that range.
Also does anyone remember Pureline brought over from the US with the founder Joseph who used to guest present - everything used to sell out.Don't know why it was discontinued.Also I remember an italian ornate jewellery range called Damasquinado.

I loved the Pureline range - loved the citrus bath soak and the one that really did smell like ice fresh Norwegian Fjords - great for after a workout! I remember AY always used to get silly over the sensual red one.

Ohh thank you you 2 I was trying to remember the range that Joseph brought to QVC, I never bought it but used to enjoy watching the presentations.

yes Pureline. I remember doing a google for the range and nothing ever came up. I got the idea the it had disappeared everywhere, looked so lovely too. He was bringing a skincare range out too, you got a mini with a purchase.

yes Pureline. I remember doing a google for the range and nothing ever came up. I got the idea the it had disappeared everywhere, looked so lovely too. He was bringing a skincare range out too, you got a mini with a purchase.

I have to admit I found a very old video tape of QVC with Pureline in the salon and it looked so good and I remember some of the products like 'Just Mud' and 'Hand Jive'.I did try some of the skincare line and it was great waited ages for the launch of the skincare line which never happend.I've been trawling the t'internet for years for this range can't find it anywhere or any references to it or Joseph:(

i still use my buckwheat pillow, its the only one that i can sleep on and i still take the travel one on holiday. I have a trapped nerve in my neck and tried everything, without the pillow, i would have no sleep or else be in a lot of pain each morning.

best thing ever!

Just thought it might be fun to list the beauty/skincare brands which used to be the bees knees and have since disappeared! I find myself occasionally going 'oh yeah, they sied to sell x, wonder why that went'.

So far I can think of:

Molton Brown (who knows?!)

Mojave Magic

Ecotan (maybe coz it was rubbish)

Michael Di Cesare

Stila (don't think they ever promoted it enough)

Any others? There must be loads!

Tx

Supernails
Karin Hertzhog

Make Up Forever also made a brief appearance & then disappeared, too.
I wouldn't mind but they do some fab stuff.Their eyeshadows,foundations & concealers are wonderful.

MUF have a foundation which people are raving about on the beauty boards. Very hard brand to get over here. There is Screenface in London who stock some of the range and then a beauty salon in Dublin. The latter has no colours etc on the website and seemed more towards coming in for a makeup.

I remember seeing Bharti Vyas on a couple of times, but seeing as her range can now be bought in Tescos, I don't think she will be featured again!
Phytomer do not seem to be around any more neither do Ella Bache, on for a while then not on and then on again. I liked Tony and Tina as well and managed to track down some of their stick foundations on HQhair last year, but was a bit worried as to how old the products were as I thought they had ceased trading several years ago.

I've just been sorting some old stuff out & came across, S Color Cosmetics. They used to be on quite a lot I remember. The matt brown eyeshadows had a thick white cast across them, however the shimmer seemed fine. God knows how old they are!!

I remember seeing Bharti Vyas on a couple of times, but seeing as her range can now be bought in Tescos, I don't think she will be featured again!
Phytomer do not seem to be around any more neither do Ella Bache, on for a while then not on and then on again. I liked Tony and Tina as well and managed to track down some of their stick foundations on HQhair last year, but was a bit worried as to how old the products were as I thought they had ceased trading several years ago.

She has two ranges. Ones she does especially for Tesco which is cheap and cheerful, the other is her salon brand much more expensive.

Apparently the whole Stila thing is just a rumour. Some Stila reps post on another board and they have been assured that the company is not going under. I think they are relaunching soon though, hence why the old stock is being flogged off at the moment (although I haven't seen it anywhere!!).

Latest posts

Back