Beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few from on here then so far :clapping:

Maybe you should wear/carry something to distinguish yourselves ... a rolled up copy of The Guardian or a Red Carnation so you can recognise each other :wink:

Am sure those that are going will have a fab time and as has already been said, really look forward to hearing all about it.

Hope everyone going has a brilliant day. You will have to make up some sort of secret code to talk in, above all do not let yourselves be unmasked as secret forumites or I reckon youll be out on your ear swiftish :sweat:

Nothing for me this year but I have received several invites, hardly appropriate as I live in Northern Ireland

Then again the cost of factoring in flights etc wouldn't even fizz on La Q , just like their P&P pricing

I think we'd all agree that we NEED to know if Alexis Murdoch really is a snotty cow.

If Julia is there tell her I :heart: her :0)

Alexis was there when LipstickCherry and I went to the NewYearNewYou events that were repackaged as the BeautyBash. A more sullen, distant, aloof woman you couldn't wish to meet. In those days it was a bit more of a free for all, helping ourselves to freebies on each brand's table (I had almost a month's worth of those Elemis capsules by wafting repeatedly past their display, maybe that's why they changed the format, sorry). Most of the product guests were lovely, my personal fav was Tom from Alpha H who talked for ages to me about the products without hard-selling any of them. Lee former Philosophy guest, Smashbox's Daniel Chavez and MOP Mike were also delightful to talk to and we nattered with Molton Brown's "headynightsofanticipation" guest Jill in the loos.

Alexis was reluctantly handing out the sample sachets they hand out in L'Occitane shops or in with your mail orders from their websit,e which seemed quite mean compared with some brands handing out full-sized products. The man from E Coudry perfumes I could have chatted with for hours and the previous SBC guest and Genie line smoother guest were very approachable. Angela Flanders (perfumer) and the lady from Pecksniffs were also very knowledgable and easy to chat with. By contrast Alexis couldn't be drawn to discuss the products at all, I couldn't really work out why she was there. She was the same two years running so it wasn't just an off day.

I'd love to go again I'm only 90mins form London by train so the freebies easily paid for the train fare. Plus we met up with a handful of other forum members which was another highlight. I'd suggest sending PMs to other members who are going and describe what you look like making it easier to meet up on the day.

Jude xx

Ahhhhh Jill Goldsmith and her headynightsofanticipation and her Mrs Overall makeup. Where is she now, I wonder!

Thanks for that Jude,have always liked Tom from Alpha H and always imagined Alexis would be like you described.
Lynn

I think we'd all agree that we NEED to know if Alexis Murdoch really is a snotty cow.

If Julia is there tell her I :heart: her :0)
Now BurlyB you never know you might get an invite, it has been said you used to
buy some L'Occitane stuff, and it would do their image good to have a man wandering amongst the gaggle of women (meant in
a nice way). I've been invited before but not this time, have a ball, talk to the presenters, and suss out what you think of
them in person :)

sounds like a whole lot of fun you lucky peeps getting to hob nob with alexis et all. she looks cold reminds me of posh spice

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post but I just wanted to say that I got an invitation yesterday and mine is for the 23rd, 9.30-13.00. Apparently it's over a couple of days - my invitation letter was only dated 23rd so it may be they are stil going out.

I phoned Customer Services just to check that I can take a guest - my letter said I could but I wanted to make sure before I spoke to my niece - and at the same time I asked on what basis the invites were sent out. The guy I spoke to said they were completely random, and I can actually believe that, because I have been shopping with QVC for over ten years and have never had an invite to anything before. I have spent quite a bit on beauty this year, but nowhere near a thousand pounds - I wish lol!! In fact in my early years with QVC I had a QVC credit card and probably spent a lot more. If I had to guess I would say my spend this year is probably about £500-600, but that includes skincare, haircare, makeup, a hairdryer and straighteners, and the Red Carpet manicure TSV. So I don't think that is probably a lot in terms of what some QVC customers buy.

Anyway, I am very excited to get the invite, and am sure my niece will be as well - like any 21 year old girl she loves beauty stuff. It will be nice to spend a couple of days in London with her too - so thanks very much QVC!!:clapping:

Ella

Hi Ella welcome. Wow you're going to be a very popular auntie! Have a lovely day with your niece.

Welcome Ella (same name as my baby girl). Welcome to the forum. Your niece is lucky, having been a beauty junkie for over 20 years. I am 39 and my lovely 59 year old mum is coming with me. She is nervous about using the tube but is looking forward to spending the day with me. She doesn't watch QVC but gets all of my handouts

This is the story of my life... always the bridesmaid - never the bride!

I have never, ever had an invite to anything and I have been shopping with QVC from the very beginning... going off in a huff now!:mysmilie_512:

I met Alexis at the BB this year. She couldn't have looked more disinterested if she had tried. Keeley, Ali Y, Leighton and everyone else were very nice and chatty :)

Never been invited, despite having spent a fair amount on skincare over the years - tho' only about £250 this year.

Welcome Ella (same name as my baby girl). Welcome to the forum. Your niece is lucky, having been a beauty junkie for over 20 years. I am 39 and my lovely 59 year old mum is coming with me. She is nervous about using the tube but is looking forward to spending the day with me. She doesn't watch QVC but gets all of my handouts

Ah yes, those lovely QVC handouts, all my family love those!!! My niece is a real Mally fan, don't know if Mally will be there but no matter, I am sure she will still enjoy the experience, as I will!!

Ah yes, those lovely QVC handouts, all my family love those!!! My niece is a real Mally fan, don't know if Mally will be there but no matter, I am sure she will still enjoy the experience, as I will!!

Your niece has good taste. I wear Mally make up all the time. It looks really natural, whatever your age. I was wondering if Mally would be there, I would say hello to her. I won't go for an elemis facial but I would see if I could get my nails done as I can never do my own.

Latest posts

Back