Beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nothing for me either. Makes me furious that I've been a customer for 15 years and have spent thousands with them (mostly on beauty products) and I have never once been invited to anything and have only once had the Xmas card off the miserable sods! It's because of things like that -among numerous other things - that I buy a lot less these days. Used to make a couple of purchases a week and now its probably a couple of things per quarter. Feel rather under-valued as a customer so will take my custom elsewhere!

same here. some people get invited more than once?? never been invited to anything.

same here. some people get invited more than once?? never been invited to anything.

think about it this way the customer spend value is so high that you are paying to go. maybe the excessive postage costs that go into funding the beauty bash. dont spend thousands on beauty dont get an invite simples!

There are people on FB saying they've been invited THREE TIMES, lots of "I haven't had my letter...yet" comments and "I'm sure ill see you there".

Random, according to CS? Sounds like a total fix to me.

There are people on FB saying they've been invited THREE TIMES, lots of "I haven't had my letter...yet" comments and "I'm sure ill see you there".

Random, according to CS? Sounds like a total fix to me.
I've been invited about 3 times in the past, i'd say because my spending was crazy buying beauty things. But no invite last year
or this , because i've turned sensible (about time). I was even invited to Richard's garden thing, but never went to any of these
things. I live in Northern Ireland and it just wouldn't be cost effective to go. Must be the highlight of the year for some though :cheeky:

Barb, tell u what, you could charge a small entrance fee & we could advertise a beauty bash at yours so you can sell your excess QVC buys lol.
Don't answer if you don't want to but how much is "a crazy amount of money" a week or month by QVC shopping standards? I bought 5,TSV's when Elemis did their 1st pre Christmas one & that came to about £250 odd quid I seem to recall. For me that was a HUGE amount but good value as everyone loved their Crissie pressie. I still buy beauty items from QVC fairly regularly, bought 4 Judith Williams wrinkle relax serum, FAB & gave 1 as a pressie to a friand then bought the Philosophy TSV about a month later so I guess on average I spend about £40 a month. Sometimes not that much.
I find that some brands are so reasonable and far larger sizes on Ebay or other retail websites, especially Decleor that I dont buy them from QVC anymore.

Barb, tell u what, you could charge a small entrance fee & we could advertise a beauty bash at yours so you can sell your excess QVC buys lol.
Don't answer if you don't want to but how much is "a crazy amount of money" a week or month by QVC shopping standards? I bought 5,TSV's when Elemis did their 1st pre Christmas one & that came to about £250 odd quid I seem to recall. For me that was a HUGE amount but good value as everyone loved their Crissie pressie. I still buy beauty items from QVC fairly regularly, bought 4 Judith Williams wrinkle relax serum, FAB & gave 1 as a pressie to a friand then bought the Philosophy TSV about a month later so I guess on average I spend about £40 a month. Sometimes not that much.
I find that some brands are so reasonable and far larger sizes on Ebay or other retail websites, especially Decleor that I dont buy them from QVC anymore.
I couldn't begin to guess and wouldn't want to try and guess. If i wanted it, i bought it. Had extra money from house sale, so it was good not to scrimp and save, so hence my spending spree. Yes my daughter used to laugh at my stash of cosmetics (she's complete opposite of me) and made fun of me and gradually i've come to my senses. Most of the stuff i sold on e bay, and i've tried to empty the cupboard, and keep my spending down to what i use now. This was a couple of years ago, and i've not been invited since, i may add. It was OCD but i've controlled it now, no credit cards, just what i earn. A tough lesson, but it was my money and i enjoyed it and have worked all my life, so i think i was due it. Tell myself that anyway LOL

Aahh Barb well it's so easily done tho hun! I scrimped & saved for years as left home at 18. Then when life got easier & job was good etc I had spare cash for the 1st time & that was it. Not only would I buy I stockpiled before I'd even really tried the damn stuff I was buying! Then it got to the stage when my house was being taken over with the stuff, every drawer and storage area had expensive QVC buys I'd forgotten about, mad! So I stopped too. I don't think I got out of control but could have easily gone further. I just felt so annoyed with myself when I found stuff I'd forgotten about having bought more stuff in the meantime lol x.

aahh barb well it's so easily done tho hun! I scrimped & saved for years as left home at 18. Then when life got easier & job was good etc i had spare cash for the 1st time & that was it. Not only would i buy i stockpiled before i'd even really tried the damn stuff i was buying! Then it got to the stage when my house was being taken over with the stuff, every drawer and storage area had expensive qvc buys i'd forgotten about, mad! So i stopped too. I don't think i got out of control but could have easily gone further. I just felt so annoyed with myself when i found stuff i'd forgotten about having bought more stuff in the meantime lol x.
snap lol

Looks like we were all in the same boat, and now come to our senses. I think QVC gets addictive, as i used to love watching
it, and buying, but now i can watch and think, emmm seen that before. But there's loads of new customers out there who
are just starting out, like we did, so it will continue. By the way i don't know how or why my texts have changed to this
dark print, but i like it, a lot LOL

Latest posts

Back