Beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sued

Registered Shopper
Have got an invite for January 24th in the post today. Not got invite for 3 years, but have been before.
Anyone else got one?
My qvc spend is well down on previous years maybe thats why?

I got one last year but was on holiday and couldn't go :sad:

I was hoping that they might give me another chance but I've have to decline a couple of other invites in the past too so maybe I've just blown it. Will keep watching the post though just in case ... ironically I could make that date next year.

Have fun if you go along Sued :nod:

My post has just arrived and my first ever invite, it's a bit of a long way to go from plymouth

Nothing for me. Have a great time all of you who are going. A full report afterwards please.

I entered a prize draw last year for the beauty bash and won 2 tickets :ninja:
its a long trek from the North of Scotland for a half day event but glad I went
Have never actually been sent an invite to any events though

Can't imagine I will get an invite as I just don't buy much in the beauty line. But I'd love to go if I had the chance. Hope those who are invited can get there and have a fab time.

What was it like Bluebell?

Its definately worth a visit if you get an invite,
I felt it could have been better organised and it was a bit bewildering to someone who hadnt been before
but there were lots of mini treatments to get and a big goodie bag at the end
some stands gave you freebies if you spoke to them
I had my nails painted by OPI, a mini facial from Elemis and Q'd for ages to get my eyebrows done by someone from Shavata
Leighton Denny was lovely :happy:

I also won tickets last year, and it was such a good day! I've spent loads on beauty stuff this year, so am really hoping for a proper invite this time.. but who knows! Will be watching the post like a hawk!

Nothing for me either. Makes me furious that I've been a customer for 15 years and have spent thousands with them (mostly on beauty products) and I have never once been invited to anything and have only once had the Xmas card off the miserable sods! It's because of things like that -among numerous other things - that I buy a lot less these days. Used to make a couple of purchases a week and now its probably a couple of things per quarter. Feel rather under-valued as a customer so will take my custom elsewhere!

I won tickets last year and it was well worth a visit. I had an elemis facial in the lovely relaxing massage chairs, make-up done my bareminerals and my nails done by leighton denny's team. The free beauty bag at the end of the event was fantastic. I would definitely go again. It was great to see all the presenters too. If you are lucky enough to go then you need to be organised and book in for your treatments as soon as you get there otherwise all the slots go.

i spoke to a customer services guy and he said that they reward thier very best customers. anather said that you have to have spent tens of thousands in say beauty department. i wonder if that kipling ladt was ever invited to kipling dats lol

I wouldn't lose hope yet those who haven't had the invite, they could still be on their way ... I imagine there will also be another lot of invitations going out once they get the "no's" back from the ones who can't make it :nod:

i spoke to a customer services guy and he said that they reward thier very best customers. anather said that you have to have spent tens of thousands in say beauty department. i wonder if that kipling ladt was ever invited to kipling dats lol

Good grief! Tens of thousands? How on earth do you get through that much cream and make up?

i think that people do buy thousands of pounds worth a year in say beauty if thats their thing or clothing. thats what he said. i do think thats a bit unfair as it sounds like a nice day out and i have watched qvc since day one but not a high enough spender i suspect.

i've got to say if i have a few thousands going begging i love a very expensive holiday with memories not boxes of stuff clogging up my home gatherin dust...gosh i sound bitter lol

I have looked at what I spent last year - it seems a huge amont about £2500, not tens of thousands, BUT I do buy just my regular brands - all I have bought is bare minerals ( I have quite a bit left) - which I and one daughter use - a bit of ojon (but not that much don't like new formula) some liz earle haircare when on offer ( but i buy direct or use JL) elasticiser (have 2 x 500mls left which will last another year) Sarah Chapman ( but I have stockpiled a bit as was on offer and will give some to friend as pressie)mally mascara - 3 of us use and give as pressies as so good - some elemis gifts - and my major spend is on ultrasun - we holiday a lot as we have a house abroad and as a family of 5 get through huge amounts in a year. I probably spent about 400 quid/year on sun tan lotion!

Far rather use something I know works and the kids won't burn than stuff from supermarket.

scarey when you add it up but no less than DH just spent yesterday on a new laptop!

Also bought the red carpet manicure system which has saved us loads in salon.

It may seem like a lot but when the kids are with me and want makeup and bits for presents which they buy in Boots - it soon comes to 50 quid here and there.

I got one. First time for the beauty bash. Think I will go along. I don't spend thousands on beauty every year, but a few hundred possibly if you count make up, bath and shower and skincare. I don 't have an enormous stockpile either, so it can't be that bad.

Latest posts

Back