Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you to all the ladies you have posted their experience at the BB. I love reading them, so keep your thoughts coming.

Looking at the Elemis TSVs have to say both have products I don't like or can't use, so it seems I will not be buying any this year, unless the Christmas one is fab.

Looking at the Elemis TSVs have to say both have products I don't like or can't use, so it seems I will not be buying any this year, unless the Christmas one is fab.

We've only been told about the first three of the year through the Beauty Bash. In 2014 there was one in September, because the Christmas one in November, so I reckon there might be another they keeping quiet too :)

Thank you to all the ladies you have posted their experience at the BB. I love reading them, so keep your thoughts coming.

I'm loving it too, please keep your stories & photos coming (doesn't bother me how long they are either on this thread).

I'm relieved to say neither of the Elemis TSVs excite me, so my money is safe!

I have mixed feeling with these TSV's:

April - I can take or leave Frangipani and all it's products. I don't think I would buy myself any of these, but if they were gifts I would use them. Therefore that's half the TSV out already. I like the eye make up remover and do currently have one on the bathroom shelf, but I think this looks like the travel size version and I do like the cleansing balm, but again I only use it when I get it in a kit, it's not part of my staple products. I do really like the Oxygenating Night Cream though and do want one because I like to pair it with the Marine Cream (which is why my one from the Christmas TSV is still sat in my drawer unused) and I would really like to try the bronzing product. Do you know if this is for the body or face though please, in this kit?

July - Limited Addition products really suck me in, so I really like the look & sound of the shower & body creams. I have also been recommended to use the Papaya Enzyme Peel when I had a facial last year, so I could tick this off my list. I have a combination skin tone (dry cheeks, but oily forehead and chin), so I thought the ultra rich Marine Cream might be good for my skin (but not actually too sure on that). So that just leaves the toner & cleanser - they aren't products I use daily, but I do cleanse & tone so I would use these when I ran out, if I bought this TSV.

I didn't even stop at the Liz Earle, Elemis, Gatineau or Decleor stands. On the whole, the Big 4 Brands have so much exposure on QVC that I could probably man any one of these stands and recite their sales pitch parrot fashion.

The Decleor stand had screens up with treatments going on behind so it felt weird and intrusive to go beyond, plus there were lots of ladies queuing. In fact the queuing ladies looked daggers at me as I went through the line and behind the Laura Geller stand to test the stick foundation - it felt like going behind a shop counter! I shouldn't have bothered because they only had a row of Mediums (why no other shades?), the Tin Man highlighters and the body butters. They missed a trick, because having a display of current and a few future products would have given the queuing ladies something to look at while they waited. At Laura Geller there was no one to talk to on the stand because the make up artists were all doing make overs. Really badly organised imho.

Siandc, I think you're right to feel a bit miffed about your outlay to attend the BB. I think the whole austerity moves; minimal refreshments and stingy goody bags were dictated by QVC. One of the vendors apologised for not being able to give my daughter an appropriate sample for her hair, so I said hopefully we'd get something in the goody bag. She asked if I'd been to the BB before and when I said yes she whispered, "I think you'll find the goody bag disappointing this year"

I was sorry to note the YBF wasn't represented (last year they had a table full or products to play with), no Tarte or Red Carpet Manicure either. However the lady on the Joan Collins stand spent ages with us because DD and I are lipstick mad and the whole range was there to play with. I suggested they sell a set of 5 (thinking of myself as there were qute a few I'd buy).

If your are super-pale skinned I'd recommend the Japonesque foundation - the lady from this brand was lovely and the foundation felt lovely and light (it comes with a nice brush too). Of the other brands my favourite Brand Ambassadors were from Josie Maran, Mally (Teenie is now chatting with my daughter online - just lovely), Nude, Joan Collins, M.Asam, Flora Mare, Percy & Read, Benefit (calmer than on screen, friendly and openly gave us a sample each!), Prai, Philosophy. I didn't chat with Alpha H as I've spoken to Tom before and wanted to talk about brands I wasn't very familiar with. The man from Eve Pearl pounced on me and asked if he could apply the concealer to one eye to show the difference it could make, then he proceeded to do my whole face (well it's hard to say no and he'd already started!) The brand looked very dated to me and the compact concealer and cream foundation were way too heavy and my daughter buffed most of it off - if I needed that much coverage I'd buy dermablend! By the time we were at lunch the product had started to separate on my chin.

i dont really go to the beauty bash because of my love of beauty but to see whats going on and meet the presenters. i feel such a charlatan. i still have not touched the huge goody bag from last year. i tend to buy quite expensive brands and what i need when i need it. i also like to try before i buy as i am very fussy. hate cheap stuff. less is more with me. much much less.
my skincare routine is soap and water and alpha h rejuvinating cream/liquid gold. no skincare tsv's. no make up via qvc.

I started using last night my Flora Mare day/night cream in anticipation of the upcoming TSV in March. I did like how my face looked in the morning but as was rushing for work and in semi-dark didn’t inspect closely. It was in my goodie bag from last year in a 50 ml jar. The last year’s goodie bag I hardly touched, only tried the EFG 2.5 ml sample and started Flora Mare yesterday.

Mr Assam products smell fresh and I liked their presentation a lot. The products are in the loveliest fresh green packaging so was the stand behind them and the sides of the booth and also they were colour coordinated down to her blouse and his tie lovely fresh green colour and it looked fab and Mr Assam’s skin looked good from there I was standing across the counter however the lady came out to talk to me and I could have a much closer look.
I have to say of all representatives of the brands almost all have dehydrated under eye area with the exception of Tom Alpha H. But the lady on Alpha H stand didn’t impress me a bit and neither did Sara from JW.

I also agree that the Japonesque foundation is light but all yellow based so not for me and I loved their white pearl primer – could wear instead of foundation as it gives beautiful luminosity to the skin. I guess it may be a close match to Meteorites but I haven't tried them.

Joan Collins lipsticks are out of this world BUT have no staying power as they are very creamy so not for me.

We used to have a brand called Lipstick Queen (?)and people were raving about it, JC lipsticks are waaay nicer, classier etc, and the colours are fab, rich.

Also agree about Eve Pearl – heavy looking and dated makeup, bless the representative he’s got to push this brand.

Stila eye shadow I mentioned in an earlier post is out of this world (imo) and called Kitten I have now found it online at around £10 and thinking of getting it soon.

Boffy
my skincare routine is soap and water and alpha h rejuvinating cream/liquid gold. no skincare tsv's. no make up via qvc.
The new Rejuvenating cream is light and smells fresh, I LOVED it, kicking myself now I didn’t get it when it was in a TSV and when the kit came back last year.
The lady on the stand told me it is the same Rejuvenating cream, and yes, it’s called the same but doesn’t feel or smell the same, I prefer the new one and the dispenser is great.

i dont really go to the beauty bash because of my love of beauty but to see whats going on and meet the presenters. i feel such a charlatan. i still have not touched the huge goody bag from last year. i tend to buy quite expensive brands and what i need when i need it. i also like to try before i buy as i am very fussy. hate cheap stuff. less is more with me. much much less.

I wish I had your stamina. I know I could if I tried really hard. But I would have to complete cut QVC out of my life to only buy anything when I needed it. I would save an aweful lot of money if I did though.

I defiantly want the July Elemis Tsv aslong as its the Neroli Cleanser, the limited botanical shower and body creams sound great, Not sure about Aprils atm, It will depend on price.

BTW, I’ve always wanted to try Alpha h Hydrating Moisturiser since it has come out but was explained at BB that it is to calm anything down redness etc it anyone may be interested to know this.

I agree they both look very good but I wouldn't say that AY looks amazing, she still has her eye bags, however, much slimmer in real life but I think she has a tummy so not looking fit as someone who may be working with horses, and also agree on the earlier post that CH looks painfully thin, did not see Pippa.

Lol the eye bags comment, made me chuckle.

Last edited:
LE TSV in February

I think it’s coming back to me now and here it goes:

C&P 200 ml tub
Tonic – full size
A choice of moisturiser in a jar, three options – full size I think
Exfoliator in a pump – full size
Brightening mask in a pump – full size
Eyebright – full size

LE TSV in February

I think it’s coming back to me now and here it goes:

C&P 200 ml tub
Tonic – full size
A choice of moisturiser in a jar, three options – full size I think
Exfoliator in a pump – full size
Brightening mask in a pump – full size
Eyebright – full size

Thanks! When this is really the upcoming TSV then I don't need it, I am well stocked with everything in it. Was hoping for a Superskin TSV this time.

The new Rejuvenating cream is light and smells fresh, I LOVED it, kicking myself now I didn’t get it when it was in a TSV and when the kit came back last year.
The lady on the stand told me it is the same Rejuvenating cream, and yes, it’s called the same but doesn’t feel or smell the same, I prefer the new one and the dispenser is great.

i have the newer dispenser style nearly a year and still going. you dont need much. no break outs no overload and super flawless skin. a must have marina

Thanks! When this is really the upcoming TSV then I don't need it, I am well stocked with everything in it. Was hoping for a Superskin TSV this time.

Really appreciate the info on this, I too was hoping for Superskin so will not going for this either, hope I can resist on the day though,I have lots of LE products and really do not need anymore!

Latest posts

Back