Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For anyone interested in Perricone, the next TSV will be in February and contains a new neuropeptide cleanser, eye cream and night treatment, the lady I spoke to (who was lovely) said she didn't know the price but she said the night cream alone sells for £180 so would be a significant saving - going on that probably £180? plus £5.95.

I'm loving it too, please keep your stories & photos coming (doesn't bother me how long they are either on this thread).

I don't buy or watch any Q beauty and some of the comments on particular brands is going over my head but I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about your experiences at the BB.

i have the newer dispenser style nearly a year and still going. you dont need much. no break outs no overload and super flawless skin. a must have marina

I already have loved the "old style" cream in the tube, what a great cream! I hope the new one in the dispenser will be again part of one oft the next TSVs.

I already have loved the "old style" cream in the tube, what a great cream! I hope the new one in the dispenser will be again part of one oft the next TSVs.
Yes me too it's way way nicer than the old one however don't know if it's as hard working as the old one.

I haven't read all the 25 pages of this thread, just the last few; but I'm getting the impression that a lot of people appear to get repeat invites to these 'bashes', is this right? and how can that be ? I also see mention of tickets being bought, so how are these available ?

I have spent thousands (gulp) in the past 11 years, and have only been 'invited' just the once, and that was 8 years ago to a spring fashion event that took place in the foyer of the old Q HQ in Battersea. If I remember, Simon Wilson, Lorraine from Kipling, Dale, Tracy from Models Prefer, and Julia were in attendance, and the 'goody' bag comprised a QVC ruler and teddy, a thin Kim & Co scarf, and a weird drawstring bag from Kipling - and we thought WE had done well !

Yes, the day cost quite a bit in train and taxi fares, and we were offered 'bites and coffee on arrival. I should imagine there were about 70 of us sat in rows of chairs (most in Indigo Moon jackets !), couldn't buy anything, but certainly no other freebies on offer.

I went to the beauty bash on Tuesday. My friends and l treat it as our London meet up so make an overnight stay of it. I bought a ticjket for the Tuesday am as my invitation was for the pm. Greedy l know but some friends only had tickets for the am.

I thought it was also short sighted and petty for Q to tell vendors not to give out samples. The majority of those we spoke to kept apologising while sneakily sticking a sample in my bag. I also thought it a terrible decision on Q's part not to have a raffle. I know it's an expense to travel any great distance to the Bb but l would have gladly give £5 for a raffle ticket with all proceeds going to BCC. Yes the goody bag was much smaller than other years. But l still got some great products. My bag was different from my friends and the am bag was open and comparing it to the pm it seemed much lighter in products. I did get a half size of the perricone eye lid serum. FS Prai and BM lipgloss.

Some brands also didn't have upcoming TSV's on show. L'Occitane is going to be the new shea products and Alexis (who was friendly and chatty) said there would be a super size body lotion. I said we haven't had one of those in a TSV for years, not since the TSv with the silk drawstring bag. Hope l was right lol. On the bright side Imedeen tested my collagen levels and apparently l have the collagen levels of a 30 yr old. OH said shame they didn't test the picture in the attic. Cheeky Begger!

Up coming Elemis TSV's Fed1st AD pro intense with new pro intense day cream. £65.50 003.jpg

April TSV 005.jpg On 3 ez pays £49.98

July TSV on 4 ez pays £56-00 will have 200mls of the new botanical shower and body cream, Also it's a choice of either 30 ml PCMC or 30ml ultra rich PCMC with a summer tote bag 007.jpg

At the end of May there will be special anniversary shows with free P&P on Elemis products. sorry can't remember if it's all to air products or not. They may also be bringing back the Revitalise Me shower wash as a special at Christmas. I sincerely hope so.

Philosophy TSV 017.jpg

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 289
LD TSV 12 March l think on AD 011.jpg

drop 2 013.jpg will include foot file and foot smoother

drop3 014.jpg

drop4 015.jpg

The pots are hand cream which l think will be in a small tube. i'm sure leighton said they would be fragranced but please don't hold me to that.

Sorry forgot to say what made me chuckle the most was AY doing her LULu Wellllllllllll impression and Lulu saying something like this is how it's done you cow. and went WELLLLLLLL. Sorry but it made me laugh. Didn't really see the presenters much too busy seeing the brands. Agree about Eve pearl looked dated make up to me and a bit boring. Stila are bringing out a new multi tasking primer which looked good. The SBc lady said there was going to be a TSV on AD and each drop will have different gel. She said they keep trying to get Q to try different gels but they always want arnica Other brand reps also said Q only want the items that generate the most volume of sales.

I haven't read all the 25 pages of this thread, just the last few; but I'm getting the impression that a lot of people appear to get repeat invites to these 'bashes', is this right? and how can that be ? I also see mention of tickets being bought, so how are these available ?

I have spent thousands (gulp) in the past 11 years, and have only been 'invited' just the once, and that was 8 years ago to a spring fashion event that took place in the foyer of the old Q HQ in Battersea. If I remember, Simon Wilson, Lorraine from Kipling, Dale, Tracy from Models Prefer, and Julia were in attendance, and the 'goody' bag comprised a QVC ruler and teddy, a thin Kim & Co scarf, and a weird drawstring bag from Kipling - and we thought WE had done well !

Yes, the day cost quite a bit in train and taxi fares, and we were offered 'bites and coffee on arrival. I should imagine there were about 70 of us sat in rows of chairs (most in Indigo Moon jackets !), couldn't buy anything, but certainly no other freebies on offer.

Seems its suppose to be the computer which randomly picks out the invites, now people who got them when they phoned it was full so no guarantee if you get one you get to go. QVC have now started selling tickets at £20, they went live on the QVC site with a item number on the 8th December. Again when they sold out they sold out.

Random my @rse! I've been to 8+ viewer events so I can't see how that would happen randomly. Back to 2003(ish) I went to Models Prefer event at Marco Polo house. It was a small group and we got a big metal train case with pretty much the whole range in it and we did our make up along with Stacey (like "Paint along with Nancy"). Being a small group it was easy to chat with most of the people there and the common denominator was volume of purchases. I then went to 3 NYNY events, 1 silver jewellery one, the same fashion one that Brissles went to, 2 Beauty Bashes and another Fashion show. Back in the early 2000s I bought and sold lots of beauty sets to use myself but also to sell on ebay. Back then the sellers of QVC beauty were a small handful and we kind of knew each other, I'm still firm friends with a lady who was desperate to find a replacement item for a broken item she'd just sold. I kept seeing the same faces at the NYNY, many ebayers, all big spenders. Funnily I don't spend as much on jewellery or fashion but maybe they were hoping to tempt me to spend even more with them. Also in the past 6 or 7 years I've spent far less so now I think the invitations to the BB are to tempt me back to buying more.

I'm not under any illusion about QVC's motivation for running these events; it's to generate more sales. Whatever they appear to be spending to run events it must be raising more in profits from sales otherwise they wouldn't bother. Although we think the vendors are generous when they give out free samples in reality the cost of beauty products (even those with presteegious ingreeejunts) cost pennies to produce, and the goodwill it generates and future sales' revenue make it a very worthwhile thing to do for the companies involved. Being the middle men, QVC wants its customers to feel treated but to keep them loyal to buying from them rather than direct fro the brands themselves. So having the QVC-branded goody bag and no samples being handed out by the brands they're reinforcing the feeling that QVC are the customers' benefactor. That said, they should have made the goody bags as good or better than previous years and they should have run the raffle. Knowing how many attendees have been in previous years to beauty events they were foolish to think that no one would draw a comparison with the bumper bags we used to get. Also I wonder whether the vendors were reluctant to donate products to the goody bag or for the raffle because they weren't attracting the goodwill to their brand but to QVC? Finally, putting discontinued products in the goody bag is a bit cheap!

Once the dust settles I think I'll email them a review of the event and refer to comments on here and on facebook. QVC won't change or revert unless it suits them though.

Thanks for that Akimbo, realistically put.

I think the thought of now getting up in the middle of the night to catch an early train / taxi/ tube, plus the price of a 'ticket' and lunch, and the possibility of knackered feet/legs, just for the opportunity to 'mingle' with - and watch others 'fawn' over the likes of nail polish floggers, is not a big enough pull to get me out of a warm bed !!!

I've come to the same conclusion. On top of the train fare I had to spend most of Wednesday in bed and will be hobbling around in a fair amount of discomfort, upping the painkillers, for a couple more days which is depressing! It's not worth the effort Q.

Random my @rse! I've been to 8+ viewer events so I can't see how that would happen randomly. Back to 2003(ish) I went to Models Prefer event at Marco Polo house. It was a small group and we got a big metal train case with pretty much the whole range in it and we did our make up along with Stacey (like "Paint along with Nancy"). Being a small group it was easy to chat with most of the people there and the common denominator was volume of purchases. I then went to 3 NYNY events, 1 silver jewellery one, the same fashion one that Brissles went to, 2 Beauty Bashes and another Fashion show. Back in the early 2000s I bought and sold lots of beauty sets to use myself but also to sell on ebay. Back then the sellers of QVC beauty were a small handful and we kind of knew each other, I'm still firm friends with a lady who was desperate to find a replacement item for a broken item she'd just sold. I kept seeing the same faces at the NYNY, many ebayers, all big spenders. Funnily I don't spend as much on jewellery or fashion but maybe they were hoping to tempt me to spend even more with them. Also in the past 6 or 7 years I've spent far less so now I think the invitations to the BB are to tempt me back to buying more.

I'm not under any illusion about QVC's motivation for running these events; it's to generate more sales. Whatever they appear to be spending to run events it must be raising more in profits from sales otherwise they wouldn't bother. Although we think the vendors are generous when they give out free samples in reality the cost of beauty products (even those with presteegious ingreeejunts) cost pennies to produce, and the goodwill it generates and future sales' revenue make it a very worthwhile thing to do for the companies involved. Being the middle men, QVC wants its customers to feel treated but to keep them loyal to buying from them rather than direct fro the brands themselves. So having the QVC-branded goody bag and no samples being handed out by the brands they're reinforcing the feeling that QVC are the customers' benefactor. That said, they should have made the goody bags as good or better than previous years and they should have run the raffle. Knowing how many attendees have been in previous years to beauty events they were foolish to think that no one would draw a comparison with the bumper bags we used to get. Also I wonder whether the vendors were reluctant to donate products to the goody bag or for the raffle because they weren't attracting the goodwill to their brand but to QVC? Finally, putting discontinued products in the goody bag is a bit cheap!

Once the dust settles I think I'll email them a review of the event and refer to comments on here and on facebook. QVC won't change or revert unless it suits them though.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. On FB some said that AY had said it was the vendors who didn't want to give out samples. I don't know who's idea it was it was a bad one.

i wont go again. its odd but even though i dont really care about the samples or the goody bag its shoddy of qvc not to allow samples to be given out.

I was chatting to someone on a stall on Wednesday and she said that just before the morning session started a tannoy went out saying that "QVC thoroughly discourage the handing out of samples" or words to that effect!

Btw does anyone know the Breast cancer charity that all the profits were going to didn't have a presence at the event?

I thought just £5 from each of the £20 sold tickets was going to BCC.

A tannoy announcement? WTF?

Just watching the Josie Maran hour and DD tested the chubby concealer stick in fair and it was lovely £13 doesn't seem too expensive compared with the rest of the range. The JM guest was lovely and we chatted for a long time. The tinted creams http://www.qvcuk.com/Josie-Maran-Wh....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-207603 were nice so I've ordered this set in anticipation of warmer weather and legs out in the sunshine (a gal can dream!).

Latest posts

Back