Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Donna yes Soapsmith was there, I didn't get there until the end of the session so the lady's delivery was a bit like a manic recording, I suspect she'd already said the same thing over and over and over and....

The soap's smell great, quite complex scents for soaps (in a good way) I'd be tempted but they'd likely stay in the airing cupboard to fragrance everything. Mr Akimbo doesn't like soap, at the first hint of squidgy soap on the side of the sink and he'd chuck it out! It's lunacy that I've learnt to live with over the years but not worth the risk.

I hope the brand does well from the QVC support.

qvc presenters at beauty bash

two people really stood out in a very good way. i have to start with alison young. how amazing did she look in real life. also very chatty, kind and hard working. she stood up for several hours and did consultations with customers. discussing beauty problems. i did say to her she looks much better in real life and she said tv can be cruel lol..

debbie flint looks way nicer in the flesh totally. spoke nicely looked classy.

lieghton denny was great. his perfume is really nice and fresh and he looked fab. the tsv comming up is auto delivery with the nicest bags ever.

overall beauty bash not as good as last year. goody bag was not great but i would use more than i would of last years ample offerings.there was not as many stalls and it was just a bit too slick for me.the lack of quality refreshments was noticable.

the new soap company has some fab goodies. i love bar soaps and these smell classy. the body butter put the l'occy one to shame.

had a lovely blow dry from the tawaka brand. really loved the pampering.

Have really enjoyed reading all the posts on here, and glad to hear you had a good time, Boffy can I ask what Leighton's bags were like? just wondered as from your post they sounded good!, many thanks

Have really enjoyed reading all the posts on here, and glad to hear you had a good time, Boffy can I ask what Leighton's bags were like? just wondered as from your post they sounded good!, many thanks

they are based on nature,plants leaves, flowers etc. shaped like washbags. excellent attention to detail. piped seams nice fabrics etc. lovely colours. i dont wear nail varnish only gels but really nicely put together

Also, speaking to the M.Asam couple I asked about their Magic Finish product which I'v bought from them before. It's very similar to the Flora Mare tinted moisturiser and Judith Williams Magic Make up but I prefer the M.Asam one because it has no fragrance. Anyhoo their range launches on Q in May (I think I remembered that correctly) but they aren't allowed to sell the Magic Finish because it's too similar to products they already sell which is a shame, particularly because they created the product which other German brands have copied. Such a shame, but fortunately I did stock up when I heard they were leaving IW.

The Flora Mare guy's skin is amazing, a really good advert for his products and I think he said there'll be a TSV in March (again sorry if I've got that wrong).

I spoke to the Assam family and they said there will be a try me kit consisting of three products, all full size:
The face cream 50 ml (?) the question marks are for the millilitres as I cannot remember exactly
The face serum 30 ml (?)
The eye cream 30 ml

The Flora Mare guy looks good but the ladies I would say looked average (I judge by the eye area mostly).
The guy I was told is the brand owner. I didn't manage to look at him properly as he was talking to someone else.
There will be a TSV in March consisting of four products, three full size and one small
The face cream 100 ml
The eye cream 30 ml
The face serum with the pipette 30 ml
and a wrinkle/pore filler which is a cosmetic not skincare - 15 ml

Elemis April And July TSV's

Elemis TSV's ...

April

10934049_883774964986122_3528927619937218638_n.jpg

Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream
Frangipani monoi body cream
Frangipani monoi shower cream
Elemis Frangipani Monoi Body Oil
White Flowers Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
Cleansing Balm
Total Glow Bronzing Moisturiser

July's

10424314_883774851652800_3916638302965665347_n.jpg

Pro Radiance Cleanser ( to be decided which version)
Apricot Toner
Pro Collagen Marine Cream (choice of rich or original)
Papaya Enzyme Peel
Limited Edition Shower Cream
Limited Edition Body Cream
Large Tote Bag

In Richard Ward's defence, I have tried both the 'original' and the Richard Ward one and I get on a lot better with his.

two people really stood out in a very good way. i have to start with alison young. how amazing did she look in real life. also very chatty, kind and hard working. she stood up for several hours and did consultations with customers. discussing beauty problems. i did say to her she looks much better in real life and she said tv can be cruel lol..

debbie flint looks way nicer in the flesh totally. spoke nicely looked classy.
I agree they both look very good but I wouldn't say that AY looks amazing, she still has her eye bags, however, much slimmer in real life but I think she has a tummy so not looking fit as someone who may be working with horses, and also agree on the earlier post that CH looks painfully thin, did not see Pippa.

I was somehow unable to log in and it was really frustrating as I wanted to reply/like posts. I went this morning with my daughter. Train held up for half an hour so we got there about 20 mi s late and lots of treatments were already booked. We went around the different stalls and got a look at new and upcoming products and pampered our hands to within an inch if their lives with serums and body butters.
Agree with everyone who said the BBC was not as good this year. The refreshments were just tea/coffee/juice and I had to ask for a biscuit!
However the pros. Talked to some of the brand ambassadors such as ABC lady (she is absolutely lovely and talked about new products they are thinking of developing), philosophy (they have a whopper of an item coming up this weekend with 940 ml pure grace body emulsion, 940 ml purity cleanser, 120 ml pure grace eat and a new face mask and this item has my name on it - about £48 I think which is amazing value). We couldn't get near the Laura Geller or Mally stands, nor bare minerals, elemis and liz earle.
At about 12:00 I had a lovely facial from AD Skin synergy which was absolutely blissful and then deciding I looked a bit naked I the face area, went to benefit to get my eyebrows done but they made up my whole face using bronzer and a nude lip gloss which I would never usually go for but loved. Also they have a new mascara coming out with a special brush.
I had my skin analysed at Shiseido and to my surprise she said it was normal when i had always thought it was dry! One of the vendors was so sweet and gave me a 50 ml size of serum, and the gave my daughter a different one for a younger skin but I'm not going to say who because she did mention they were not supposed to.
We got little tubes of PS elasticizer but others were walking around with PK bags.
It was weird seeing the presenters. Alison Young looked gorgeous in a cinched in sparkly dress with boots. I was shocked at how slim she is and lovely skin. A was an absolute trooper and had a queue all morning of women getting consultations. Catherine Huntley has definitely lost alot of weight since I saw her at the BB last year. Ali K looked absolutely beautiful. Also saw DF and had to chuckle when I noticed she had her book in her hand as she posed for pics. Sara G is also v petite but did not seem at all friendly or approachable. I saw her at the Radical stall while I was having my AD facial and she was handed a Radical goody bag, so the no samples rule did not extend to presenters. She seemed a bit stuck up, whereas Ali K who was with her, was all smiles and incidentally did not seem to be demanding a goody bag.
Anyway, talking of goody bags, I knew it was going to be on the stingy side so was not too shocked when I saw that it was a third of the size of last year's. DD and I looked at the contents on the train. Lovely cosmetic bag from Philosophy with skin care samples in it, and also a few different serums, which does suit me as I had decided after my skin consultation that this is what I will build into my routine.
Something made me chuckle - in the lobby some regulars were complaining about the goody bag and the lovely old gent at the door said "see you next year" as we went through, and one of the ladies said dryly "probably not"
Anyway, sorry for wittering on. On balance, I had a lovely time, but obviously had a free invite and travelled on tube so a cheap day out. However, QVC preventing brands from giving out samples does seem a bit mean and quite a few brands directed us to their own websites and free p & P was mentioned.

One thing that struck me on Mally,OPI, Nails Inc and Laura Geller stands they were mostly designed for giving treatments so it was hard to look at the few products on display as there were ladies queuing in the way. Also in past years the make up brands had loads of products to look at but to get a closer look at say the nails inc polishes meant invading the personal space of the ladies having their nails polished. The OPI lady I spoke to (not one of Lena's daughter although Julie was there) showed me the "50 Shades" set but seemed a little crest-fallen when I said I'd seen it on the Q website the other week. As always there are people on this forum who seem better informed than some of the ladies manning the BB stalls.

When I was at Laura Geller stall I thought that I was falling out with the brand as they had some highlighters on display which I sampled and they were so shimmery and everything except BB and the bronze in the brand is shimmery it's started getting on my wick a while now especially after the Xmas TSV with Ballerina highlighter in it. I do love her blushes but they are far too shimmery IMO. I think I am falling out with LG and am thinking of returning the last TSV but will decide within 30 DMBG. Or may be I'm kidding myself and will get the next TSV in April?

Hi Akimbo, completely agree about the lack of product display. Last year there was so much to look at and lust over ready to buy at the beauty weekend! It a terrible thing to say but mum and I were really disappointed as last year there were not only more exhibitors but samples were given very freely and the goody bag was real value. It might seem greedy but even a very small sample at least gives you an idea about whether or not to spend a lot of money on the full size item. Considering we didn't pay for our ticket I'm sure people think that's a bit of a moan, but due to distance we had to stay up in London so with train fare, dinner and hotel it was really quite expensive. I'm not sure how pleased those who have purchased tickets will be, but then maybe all the goodies have been saved for those sessions. After all that I still don't think you can beat Q for value and being able to spread the cost. There will always be places that do better deals on occasion but for the stuff I like (Elemis for example) there is no doubt they are best prices.

Latest posts

Back