Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

does anyone remeber lorraine the older lady that was the brand rep for sbc. she did not have anything good to say about the beauty trade and some of the girls working in it

does anyone remeber lorraine the older lady that was the brand rep for sbc. she did not have anything good to say about the beauty trade and some of the girls working in it

I remember her well and preferred her to Adele.

Was it Keeley who complained about negative comments about her on this forum and tried to get them removed? I may be mixing her up with someone else but I'm sure it was her?

Was it Keeley who complained about negative comments about her on this forum and tried to get them removed? I may be mixing her up with someone else but I'm sure it was her?

yes it was keeley really thinks shes a Kardashian.

Haha Keeley Kardashian. She needs to get over herself. Hope she reads these too.

I met The previous SBC lady at a NYNY event (the previous incarnation of the B Bash) and she was amazingly elegant in real life, but also friendly and approachable.

Looking at the list of vendors this year there seemed to be no perfume houses. I know L'Artisan seem to have withdrawn from QVC, and Tocca. But I can't remember the last time I saw Pecksniffs or Penhaligons or Miller Harris on air. I wonder whether QVC are playing it safe with the watery florals of L'Occitane or the soft musk-based offerings from Philosophy or Tova.

I met The previous SBC lady at a NYNY event (the previous incarnation of the B Bash) and she was amazingly elegant in real life, but also friendly and approachable.

Looking at the list of vendors this year there seemed to be no perfume houses. I know L'Artisan seem to have withdrawn from QVC, and Tocca. But I can't remember the last time I saw Pecksniffs or Penhaligons or Miller Harris on air. I wonder whether QVC are playing it safe with the watery florals of L'Occitane or the soft musk-based offerings from Philosophy or Tova.

those 3 brands Pecksniffs or Penhaligons or Miller Harris were on just before christmas

Okay people, L'Artisan, Penhaligon's and Miller Harris all in TKMaxx well below half price. I went mad with L'Artisan at £24-29 depending on edp or edt, Penhaligon's I got the Iris Prima for £29.99!!! It was a joke on QVC seeing they selling them at Bargain Price double the prices at TKMaxx.

Things are quiet at the moment perfume wise at TKMaxx but with Valentine's coming the stuff will be rolling out into the stores.

Peckensniff is always in TKMaxx anyway.

Haven't heard much mention of other presenters at the BB? Were there many there?

i know alison young gets a bashing on here but i have always had a gut feeling that shes a good egg. not perfect no-one is. i have spoken to her and she is ok. a great sense of humour and like you say patient. i like her.

I have also always been an AY supporter. I like that she's so willing to mock herself and I love her dry wit. I also think that a beauty therapist who spends her real life knee deep in manure clearly doesn't take herself or her job too seriously. I often think that her banter and affectionate disrespect for the guests on air is a deliberate attempt to pop some majorly inflated egos.

Last edited:
I like Alison Young too, she seems to be the only one with a real sense of humour. And in my book she can't be all bad as, like me, she spends much of her life clearing up after animals.
You can't be precious humping hay bales & mucking out even on Christmas Day.
I don't have horses but goats & geese need plenty of mucky straw shifting too. At least you don't have to milk horses!

She really is tiny! I couldn't believe it. Mind you, I was surprised how small Alison is too. These widescreen televisions don't do any good for them at all.

She really is tiny! I couldn't believe it. Mind you, I was surprised how small Alison is too. These widescreen televisions don't do any good for them at all.

Yes but is she a size 14/16? And if not why does she keep saying she is (and even then everything looks a size too small)

Yes but is she a size 14/16? And if not why does she keep saying she is (and even then everything looks a size too small)

it could be the fact shes always been a size 16 and still relates to that. i lost nearly 12 stone still related to the old weight. or maybe she just likes the fact people will say how teeny tiny she is in real life. who knows!

She does, she always says "I'm a 14/16 high street" maybe in QVC land she's a size 8, they always look like they've poured a litre into a half litre glass.

Latest posts

Back