Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hilarious! The afternoon sessions have sold out - the 19th and 20th PM slots are showing on advanced orders with delivery in week commencing on £0.00! Gotta love the Q web-team; they find new ways to show their incompetence!

Hilarious! The afternoon sessions have sold out - the 19th and 20th PM slots are showing on advanced orders with delivery in week commencing on £0.00! Gotta love the Q web-team; they find new ways to show their incompetence!

They are showing available now

the year before last just to give an example of the value of the goody bag i got a revitalash full size and perricone, strivechtin, plus dozens of other stuff and loads of freebies from the vendors mostly full sizes. it was all worth a lot of money

TeeHee...the advanced orders message is back if you hover your mouse over the afternoon sessions for the 19th or 20th! :mysmilie_17:

Still saying "week commencing £0:00!" :mysmilie_19:

Claire is selling tickets in this mornings show . Making it sound very attractive and stressing there will be a goody bag worth approx £60 ,but not many freebies at various stalls. Don't remember them selling tickets on air before,but maybe I missed it.

Claire is selling tickets in this mornings show . Making it sound very attractive and stressing there will be a goody bag worth approx £60 ,but not many freebies at various stalls. Don't remember them selling tickets on air before,but maybe I missed it.

Ali Young was flogging tickets on Friday Night Beauty. Methinks this year there wasn't a hysterical rush for tickets! Problem is, if all the "groupies" got the free tickets, then it's only the people who have seen the light who are left to buy. And they are obviously not rushing to do so.

I'll repeat - if they were donating 100% of the £20 per ticket to charity, I'd consider it. But there is only an unspecified donation to charity with each ticket purchase. So my money's going to stay in my pocket.

last year i think daily mail organised ticket sales. its not just the freebies thats a bit flat but the actual event. hardly any stalls and an air of corporate dullness

last year i think daily mail organised ticket sales. its not just the freebies thats a bit flat but the actual event. hardly any stalls and an air of corporate dullness

The one and only time I went was January 2014, and that was the last (and maybe only?) time the paying days were sponsored by Daily Mail. Price for tickets was more reasonable then. The gift bag was stonking... albeit some oddities in there (Richard Jackson's flower power, the stand-out). Even with DM sponsoring, I think £5 went to BCC. Can't say if the number you rang was different to the one for QVC invites, but it was the same drill of leaving your details on an answerphone (did anyone speak to a human being???) until the numbers were full up.

I think this kind of event becomes very upsetting, because many think if they get a letter from QVC inviting them to apply means they will get to go. It seems that QVC sends out way more letters than they have free tickets available.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, it wouldn't be fairer if they made it all purchase tickets as some would get a "sneaky peek" and be in there first, and I doubt QVC would lower the price or increase the charity donation.

Indeed Boffy! I was there too this January and it was all a bit flat; many brand ambassadours apologising for not being allowed to give out samples that actually suited us. One of the hair brands warned us the goody bags would be disappointing if we'd attended in previous years. The Mally counter had few current products, just discontinued sets and palettes. DD had an item snatched from her as one guest had opened a product for her to test and then said she might as well keep it as it'll just get binned now it's unsealed. There was no big raffle at the end...they used to raffle off hundreds of pounds of Elemis, Gatineau etc (only one ticket per person so an even playing field. All these changes come from QVC not the vendors! I can't understand their reasoning!

If the value of the goody bag is around £60 of their imaginary RRP's (think Gatineau/Elemis)fantasy prices then there could be very little in it. Sometimes they give values of up to £10 or so on trial or travel sized items when demonstrating the tsvs.

Wish I had heard what Claire said though as I'd like to go but don't want to feel it was a waste of time and money and end up feeling disappointed that I'd gone. It is telling though that they seem to be having to sell the tickets quite hard this year when last year they seemed to sell out pretty much straight away.

Indeed Boffy! I was there too this January and it was all a bit flat; many brand ambassadours apologising for not being allowed to give out samples that actually suited us. One of the hair brands warned us the goody bags would be disappointing if we'd attended in previous years. The Mally counter had few current products, just discontinued sets and palettes. DD had an item snatched from her as one guest had opened a product for her to test and then said she might as well keep it as it'll just get binned now it's unsealed. There was no big raffle at the end...they used to raffle off hundreds of pounds of Elemis, Gatineau etc (only one ticket per person so an even playing field. All these changes come from QVC not the vendors! I can't understand their reasoning!

yeah, i went this year and echo all that you have said
disappointing goody bag,
and queues too long to get treatment within the allotted session slot
at least in my session as too many attendees let in per session
(unless that is all you wanted to focus on and not go round the various stalls)
vendors, and i shall mention no names, were incredibly frustrated and apologetic about QVC control freakery
not only no samples but also not even bliddy brochures if it contained the brand website adress

you couldn't make it up !

when i brought this up with QVC
i was told that the ticket price was for 'meeting the beauty experts'
and no treatments etc were promised to be included in the price

imho, they have ruined the beauty bash
and no wonder the tickets aren't selling
and they changed it significantly from before
but still sold it under the same brand 'beauty bash'
(just like they often do, they sell an old favourite product,
which has build a brand and reputation for itself
but they change the content/ingredients
DECEPTION !)

£20 for standing in a long queue to 'worship' some beauty expert ?
they, who ought to be grateful that you are giving them their time and attention
so that they can sell their wares to you, for you to spend your hard earned money on ....?

i don't think so QVC !!!!

and when you have got the vendors AND the customers unhappy
you are in trouble

anyway, needless to say, i won't bother again
and i am tired of QVC for shamelessly making a mug out of me

yeah, i went this year and echo all that you have said
disappointing goody bag,
and queues too long to get treatment within the allotted session slot
at least in my session as too many attendees let in per session
(unless that is all you wanted to focus on and not go round the various stalls)
vendors, and i shall mention no names, were incredibly frustrated and apologetic about QVC control freakery
not only no samples but also not even bliddy brochures if it contained the brand website adress

you couldn't make it up !

when i brought this up with QVC
i was told that the ticket price was for 'meeting the beauty experts'
and no treatments etc were promised to be included in the price

imho, they have ruined the beauty bash
and no wonder the tickets aren't selling
and they changed it significantly from before
but still sold it under the same brand 'beauty bash'
(just like they often do, they sell an old favourite product,
which has build a brand and reputation for itself
but they change the content/ingredients
DECEPTION !)

£20 for standing in a long queue to 'worship' some beauty expert ?
they, who ought to be grateful that you are giving them their time and attention
so that they can sell their wares to you, for you to spend your hard earned money on ....?

i don't think so QVC !!!!

and when you have got the vendors AND the customers unhappy
you are in trouble

anyway, needless to say, i won't bother again
and i am tired of QVC for shamelessly making a mug out of me

QVC seem to have a talent for spoiling good things at the moment.

Totally agree with you Lilith.

I've been lucky enough to have gone on a couple of occasions now. Once I went with mum who was invited and then I won the prize draw for the next year. The first time we went was excellent. It was hosted at the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre in Westminster. Loads of brands and people to meet, they had complimentary patisserie, snacks and drinks laid on, the goody bag was amazing and the big raffle prizes too (One year the Gatineau was won by a friend of Flint, would you believe?! She mentioned it recently on a show). What with was in there to start with, added to the piles of stuff given out by the stands, it was actually hard work getting everything back home on the train. The only cost was travel to get there and it really was worth it. It's such a shame to see so many of you reporting back about far downhill the event has gone now. I have often wondered who will be there now though, seeing as the same handful of brands are all you ever see these days. Even with the charity donation, £20 seems a lot to pay for it. I'd rather just give something to BCC directly.

'What with was in there to start with, added to the piles of stuff given out by the stands, it was actually hard work getting everything back home on the train.'

yeah, that is what i was expecting when i bought the ticket
my 'goody bag' is still untouched as i had NOTHING in it i want to try
and many tiddly 6ml samples
and useless padding like bliddy hairbands
and i had to pay !

they all the rules and everything we have come to expect from the 'beauty bash'
retained the name
took all the goodies out of it
and made it into a profit making event

and they seem to think that QVC presenters are like 'rock stars'
and we pay just to be in their 'presence'
cos that is all the ticket price guarantees

(pardonnez moi, cos i am still fuming about it...)

and watch out QVC

good brands like Alpha H have now build strong relationships with retailers such as Beauty Bay and Lookfantastic and Bath & Unwind
those had great offers on during Black Friday week incl buy one, get one free on Liquid Gold
plus free p&p (i think) on two of the sites
and good kits and special offers, incl the Liquid Laser trio (same as on Q)
and the LG trio (same as Q TSV) at what looked like the same prices to me
and then you get education via Alpha H's own website (and some of their retailers) via video tutorials

If the value of the goody bag is around £60 of their imaginary RRP's (think Gatineau/Elemis)fantasy prices then there could be very little in it. Sometimes they give values of up to £10 or so on trial or travel sized items when demonstrating the tsvs.

Wish I had heard what Claire said though as I'd like to go but don't want to feel it was a waste of time and money and end up feeling disappointed that I'd gone. It is telling though that they seem to be having to sell the tickets quite hard this year when last year they seemed to sell out pretty much straight away.

Maybe you can find a video on the web site of Claire on this mornings show.

She was saying you will get to meet many of the brand ambassadors and see new products and lines before they become public. Dont know how many though........Oh and there is limited parking.

Maybe you can find a video on the web site of Claire on this mornings show.

She was saying you will get to meet many of the brand ambassadors and see new products and lines before they become public. Dont know how many though........Oh and there is limited parking.

Don't forget that as it's in the City of London there is also a congestion charge to pay, and actually trying to find a parking space that's in proximity to the venue will be more than a little challenging!

And it seems there are still tickets available for the morning sessions, word must have got around. It certainly doesn't appeal to me now and I would have quite an easy journey to get there from Kent.

Just checked out Alpha H on Beauty Bay and the prices are good, as for other products QVC sell Bed, Bath and Beyond now ship to Britain and the prices are great.

Latest posts

Back