Battle of the big Christmas TSV'S

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

None for me either. The only one I might have bought was LE but I don't need anything. I don't stockpile any more. I would rather buy just the bits I want and need as and when.

Have bought Molton Brown and Philosophy as gifts but neither was a TSV.

I rarely buy any beauty TSVs other than the basics ones from LE. Quite proud of myself for not doing so.

Nothing for me and nothing for presents as the last LE I purchased as a gift cost me nearly as much again to get to the recipient.

The brown box it came in was so bashed I had to buy a big box from Marks then I had to post it. The post bit was my fault (I was desperate for a gift idea) but the non gifting packaging was Q . No matter who I gave it to I would have needed to buy something decent. Xmas gift sets shouldn't just be shoved loose in a tatty brown box IMO.

Well Keeley must be losing her touch as I have decided I don't want the tsv, and have not bought any Elemis at all from Q this year, I did buy the last LE one, which i thought was better value and more appeal for me. I have really reduced my spending on Q and find a lot of the Tsvs so predictable now, i know they want to sell loads and include items that they know will be popular but you can almost guess what they are going to be,and not be far wrong.
I am hoping for a Doll10 or decent Bare Minerals tsv before Xmas, hopefully with no mineral veil!

None for me either. The only one I might have bought was LE but I don't need anything. I don't stockpile any more. I would rather buy just the bits I want and need as and when.

I rarely buy any beauty TSVs other than the basics ones from LE. Quite proud of myself for not doing so.

well done you

Q are probably hoping people will buy all of them .I won't be buying because there are good deals out there for presents and for me I only buy what I know I will use.
If I buy TSVs I always end up with bits I never use.

I have so far bought the last Liz Earle and I succumbed to the Elemis. I bought the Molton Brown in October + I will have a look at what BareMinerals will be offering when they do their TSV. My husband will get me the L'Occitane for my Xmas present.I love my beauty TSVs and as I said in another thread I have actually been saving a couple of quid each day so I can treat myself to the Christmas TSVs if I want. The plan is to be very frugal next year and buy very little, just use up my stock.

I do exactly the same, I use the money to buy items that I know I want and will use, it saves me so much money and I'm not left with things I don't like.

I have the Elemis and plan to buy the Decleor. Normally I would get the Loccy one but have too much MB to justify that really. If I see the Amond one looking all gorgeous onscreen I might cave though! I don't use Lulus Timebomb or LE but will see what exactly is in the LE non skincare TSV in case it is interesting, but if it is shower stuff I shan't bother(I found that orange blossom or whatever it is shower gel a real disappointment).

We haven't had Gatineau yet have we? I have just arranged my beauty stash and put my scrappy list on a proper spreadsheet so it will depend what is in it. If it is heavy on mask and gommage I shall no doubt buy and at least it won't be overpriced Age Benefit as we recently had one of those.

I'm not tempted by any Xmas beauty TSVs, except the Laura Geller one last week, which I resisted. Only needed the foundation so went and ordered the supersize Balance and Brighten. Went to Laura Geller counter in Debenhams yesterday, and was not tempted at all when I saw it all 'in the flesh', like I get excited when it's on the tele. The one thing that stood out for me on the counted was that chubby cheek stick in Ethereal and Ballerina, and I have now put it on my wishlist when it comes back in stock on Q as it's a better value.

I'm not tempted by any Xmas beauty TSVs, except the Laura Geller one last week, which I resisted. Only needed the foundation so went and ordered the supersize Balance and Brighten. Went to Laura Geller counter in Debenhams yesterday, and was not tempted at all when I saw it all 'in the flesh', like I get excited when it's on the tele. The one thing that stood out for me on the counted was that chubby cheek stick in

Ethereal and Ballerina, and I have now put it on my wishlist when it comes back in stock on Q as it's a better value.

Must admit I had a nose at the LG counter in Debenhams and was not excited about any of it and the B&B looked so much darker than it used to be in the medium shade and the texture seemed different,so I'm so glad I didn't buy the tsv. I am hoping for some good black Friday deals!

Must admit I had a nose at the LG counter in Debenhams and was not excited about any of it and the B&B looked so much darker than it used to be in the medium shade and the texture seemed different,so I'm so glad I didn't buy the tsv. I am hoping for some good black Friday deals!

The TSV was the Balance and Glow, rather than the Balance and Brighten. I bought the Fair as I'm Fair in B&B, and it looks less "swirly" due to the additions to make it more glowy. Haven't tried it out yet... but am plotting to do one side of my face in B&B and the other side in B&G to get a proper comparison going. Will report back at some point when I get around to doing that (not before Christmas, I don't think).

Elemis for the PCMC and hand cream and I "gift" the rest to my sis who has a b'day this week and Christmas is covered as well! :mysmilie_378:

I purchased two of the Elemis, one for me & one for my daughter for xmas. Will also purchase the Decleor as thats my favourite skin care brand & the value is so amazing. Will probably be tempted by the L'occitane one as well.
Not interested in Liz Earle anymore since they changed the formular. Don't use Timebomb or Gatineau products. I find by selling the items I don't want or won't use on eBay pretty much pays for the TSV's anyway or they end up costing very little. The last Decleor one was about £55 & I sold the Prolagene supersize gel for £30 so I ended up with the moisturiser, eye cream & micellar water for £25. Same with the last Tarte one. I really only wanted the foundation, brush & mascara so sold the other bits for £30 (bag, lippie, palette & eyeliner) which means the bits I did want only cost £10 (plus the p&p whatever that was).

I bought the LG TSV last week, I love it even though I wont use the eye shadow or eye crayon. I dont expect to buy anything else.

I have so much staff I want to sell on ebay just need to do it some time.

Well you can always give us the "heads up" on here first, I am going to have to live to a ripe old age to use all my stash up, but glad I am not the only one :mysmilie_59:u

Yep we have the Buy Sell & Swap Section.......our own Ebay!!! :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back