Battle of the big Christmas TSV'S

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've bought the Elemis one for me. I really bought it for the skincare which I use and suits me well, but the body products will get used. I don't use L'Occitane, Timebomb or Decleor. Might get the LE - depends what it is. I have so much make-up now I am only buying items that I really need though I was tempted by LG TSV.

Elemis for the PCMC and hand cream and I "gift" the rest to my sis who has a b'day this week and Christmas is covered as well! :mysmilie_378:
It's very satisfying when you can split up a TSV into fab presents for people and not have some unwanted bits lurking in the drawer/cupboard/wardrobe or wherever else you house any "stash" you may have!

I used to do very well with the Elemis TSVs on that basis, but as I dislike the Apricot toner, unless someone was begging me to get it for them, I would not give it as a gift or use it... and I don't do the ebay thing, even though I probably should.

Just the Decleor as I will use all the items.
However, I don't intend to buy again for at least six months to try to use up some of my stash.

It's very satisfying when you can split up a TSV into fab presents for people and not have some unwanted bits lurking in the drawer/cupboard/wardrobe or wherever else you house any "stash" you may have!

I used to do very well with the Elemis TSVs on that basis, but as I dislike the Apricot toner, unless someone was begging me to get it for them, I would not give it as a gift or use it... and I don't do the ebay thing, even though I probably should.
What's wrong with the toner?

What's wrong with the toner?

If I'm using something on my skin, I want to have a benefit. This has zero benefit for me. It might be brilliant for other people... but it's not soothing, it's not refreshing, it's not moisturising. This toner is a "meh" for me.

My ultimate toner is Clarins Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion which feels thick but comforting, and gives me everything I'm looking for in a toner. I also like Clarins Toning Lotion With Camomile "Dry/Normal Skin", and Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. I've had and been using a sample of Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Tonic, but that falls into the Elemis Apricot Toner "meh" category. Smells lovely though. Everyone's skin behaves differently, so I certainly wouldn't say it's useless for everyone, but for me it's underwhelming. I am going to try the Decléor Youth Lotion as I've a set of that in the queue. I've tried the Gatineau Gentle Silk Toner which has an overpowering perfumey scent, and doesn't do anything special for my skin.

Not buying any of them. I am using up my stash. I am hardly wearing any makeup these days since I retired so I am just washing my face with Cidal soap and then in the morning I put on a little moisturiser. I am still working my way through the moisturisers in last year's M&S advent calendar. I reckon it might take me another 2 years to get through my stash at this rate. Still have loads of handcream too

None for me at all and I used to be a regular xmas TSV Elemis buyer- didn't last year either.

Same here. Stupid Team Frangipani and Team Orchid nonsense turned me right off. Plus they've canned the scents I used to like (Quiet Mind and Tranquil Touch), I'm just waiting for them to bin the Revitalise Me and I'll be totally done with them. All the new stuff seems to be based on white flowers. Originally the unisex scents were one of the things they used to big up, but nowadays everything is overpoweringly floral and not appealing to those of us who don't want to have something too heavy.

Strangely though, I can tolerate the Frangipani in small quantities.

None of them. I only buy certified cruelty free products so Liz Earle would be the only one I'd consider, but I tend to buy M&S own brand these days

I've already had the Decleor advent calendar and the MB TSV, both of which were really good value. I also bought the Liz Earle TSV which had a massive amount of product for the money. I'll have a look at the next Decleor and LE, just looking mind.

CC

Latest posts

Back